Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #1

Galaxy is selling direct to the USA

Galaxy is selling directly to the US, they take single unit orders and arrange importing for you.

They make a bike (below in yellow) they call an SUV…it reminds me of the old Elisnore Honda 250cc made in the 1970’s

The price is $900.00 plus whatever it costs to get it to your home.

Here is link were they can be purchased.
http://www.tradevv.com/chinasupplier...otorcycle.html

Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #2

That seems to be a pretty good deal. Any idea what lowest possible shipping cost might be? It could make the bike drastically less appealing.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #3

There is a thread on Mychinamoto; a guy named Andy went through the process with Galaxy and bought and had delivered a XTR....he seemed suprised that it was fuel injected.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...XTR-250-Review

I wonder if a base model SUV with a carb would be good? I think Andy is having some issues with the EFI...sputtering and choking. The 223cc engine would have enough power.

He seems to be gettting a good back and fourth from Galaxy and the member on the site are offering him help.

Here is the Galaxy web site
http://www.galaxymotorcycle.com/index.php?lang=en

Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash
That seems to be a pretty good deal. Any idea what lowest possible shipping cost might be? It could make the bike drastically less appealing.
It takes a long time too...

The port are usually Long Beach and Seatle which ever the shipping company serves, then its a matter of were you are if your close to a port it would be much less. I would not pay more than $600.00 to get it to your city. The total cost to me cant be too much more than $1,500.00 but starting at $900 does give you some room to work with.

The thread on my china moto got broken in two, the original has the cost break down and it was less then I thought it would be for the guy that had it delivered to England.
http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Galaxy-XTR250

It cost 225 pounds to get it to the UK that is about $350 USD, then it should not be much different from China to the USA maybe less?

It seems that Galaxy for now is the only one doing this, selling direct.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #5

I hope selling direct becomes a more common theme. at $1500 I would still consider it a decent deal, but 3 months of waiting would drive me nuts!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #6

I’m not going to buy one….but if I did I would ask for a quote to get it to my city and a lift truck to my door. Then if that was too much I would ask for the closest transfer station, then rent a truck with a lift gate?

Keep in mind the logistic companies do that all day, it’s just that it takes time for it all to happen it can take months.

Sure would be nice to be able to just walk into a show room and pick one up….

According to the thread Galaxy’s people book the transports, first step is to contact them and say how much to this address? If the price is too high obviously they will not be doing single unit direct shipment for long.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash
I hope selling direct becomes a more common theme. at $1500 I would still consider it a decent deal, but 3 months of waiting would drive me nuts!
yeah but your in Florida and can ride all year, up north you could order it in the winter and have it in the spring.

The thread on Mychina gets into that, how the guy at times thought he was taken on the purchase and would never see the bike. Then when he got it it was fuel injected and with no owner manual....I would have been really depressed on that, how would or could you deal with that? Now its sputtering after all that waiting,...

I think that guy bought the loaded version, I would want the bike that was without the EFI until they get or work the bugs out.

I asked for pictures of the bike on the site selling them....lets see if I get some.

I like the SUV if I had some extra money I might get one and modify it take off the side mud guards and maybe put a rear fender on it? I think it would look good white with a blacked out engine.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #8

At least they're honest!

Although our motorcycle's quality is not so good as foreign manufacturer such as HONDA, SUZUKI, YAMAHA, we have introduced the most advanced technology into our factory and keep improving our quality all the time. Now our product has prior quality all over the China and with the most preferable price, we are sure we can meet your demands.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #9

Here is a picture of a galaxy SUV

They come in red , yellow and silver. You can also custom order other colors.

John Zhou
john-zhou2009@hotmail.com

John is the guy in charge at http://www.galaxymotorcycle.com
The bike can be ordered through him and are advertised on http://www.tradevv.com

Old 04-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #10

I asked John Zhou to provide any information he has and that I would share it with others, such as average or general estimates of delivery costs and lead times.

I like the SUV its more street than dirt Dual Sport, which I like, suitable for a dirt road but not for jumps and ramps…even though it may handle that its not really set up for that, the XTR and IGR are though.

I like the idea of bikes that are directly represented by those that are actually making them, you would be buying directly from those actually making them, no re-branding or middle people.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #11

Notice the handle grips have the same color as the tank, nice attention to details.
That a 223cc engine and rated close to 18hp, its an OHC.
Pretty basic little bike, but look at the metal guard on the headlight and the dual round gauges, nice I would say. Nice big fat 18 inch tires…that bike is actually very cool looking. Metal gas tank?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #12

I am liking it. Has alittle Yamaha TW to it. I noticed the sidecover says BW250 like the yamaha BW.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #13

Is the dangling caliper stock or an accessory? Just kidding, I know they are in the process of being put together... It just looks funny!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I am liking it. Has alittle Yamaha TW to it. I noticed the sidecover says BW250 like the yamaha BW.
I thought the same thing.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #15

That is the new wireless caliper.