Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2022, 01:55 PM   #1

accessory wiring on TT250

I'm currently putting accessory lights on the bike and was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to rewire the factory rocker switch with the TT250 accesory switch on the handlebars. Attached is a picture of the wiring harness. The part that is confusing me is how to wire the red, black, and white wire from the relay to the rocker switch to the brown and seafoam green wire that is on the TT250 for one of the accessory switches. Is it possible to do this setup with one of these switches controlling it? And if it is how would I go about it? Except for matching wires to install a few celing fans I have very little electrical knowledge and appreciate any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220727_105445_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg (184.1 KB, 63 views)

Old 07-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #2

So after a nap, some amazon shopping, looking at old posts of members wiring in stero systems, and some YouTube videos I was able to figure it out. If anyone in the future decides to put pod lights on their bike and decides to use the Nilight wiring harness the easiest way that I figured out is to cut the black and red wires at the rocker switch, leave the white, and then wire together the auxiliary switch cables to the rocker switch. So what I did was red rocker to brown, black rocker to green, and then black and red off relay get capped off and secured. I'll attach a picture of the updated diagram. I'm sure there is a better way to do it but its beyond my skill level and knowledge. I know theres ways to to wire it to your high beams and use that switch but I'm trying to avoid that mess of wires and a headache. With this method the rocker switch will still light up when the system is turned on but I have mine under the seat so I'll never see it and the light goes out when I turn off the system at the handlebars. Attached is two youtube videos I used to get a general idea about two and three prong switches.

Thanks everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220727_140439_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg (176.4 KB, 63 views)