Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

new atv for wife in new year

so we have been discussing getting the wife a new 150 for the new year.
she is happy with the tao tao 150 that she has and wants a new version but i have been looking at the gio 150 hummer and it seems like a more solid machine....a little more in price but you get what you pay for eh?

thoughts?

Old 11-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #2

I'm glad you and the Mrs are able to get and enjoy a new ATV. Life is good :-)

Old 11-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
I'm glad you and the Mrs are able to get and enjoy a new ATV. Life is good :-)
havn't got a new one yet and doubt I will buy her a new one as i just inquired at a shop in langley and they want $1600 for a new tao tao 150b
guess she will have to get a used one that is newer than the one she has now.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #4

the shop in Langley wanted $1600 for a new tao tao 150b and the shop in Newton wants $1348 for a new tao tao 150b + you get a free helmet with the purchase.
I am at a loss as to who i deal with now because the one in Langley was suppposed to be the better store.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #5

Is the one in Newton Sinclair's?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Is the one in Newton Sinclair's?
Yes it is

Old 11-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #7

I don't care if the price is lower, they're not getting any of my money.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #8

Quote:
I don't care if the price is lower, they're not getting any of my money.
I hear you ....i was curious thats why i called them.

on another note I have found a 150b (bairly used) for 900 on cl as well as a 250d for 850

now if i can gather the coin I can get us both one for the price of a new one.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #9

Sounds like a good plan.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan.
would be if i had the spare 1600 :(

Old 11-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #11

I agree with Weld; I would stay far away from the Sinclairs.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I agree with Weld; I would stay far away from the Sinclairs.
i am ....just trying to figure out where to scumbag 1600 to buy these used ones that are maybe a yr old each

Old 11-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #13

prices

All dealers are suppose to be in a certain price range .. they are not suppose to sell for a lower than set price... but they can give you stuff to make it a better deal... the main thing is does the dealer treat you right... or screw you on warranty & other help... this is why I sell so much... I give a lot of after sales help and support.. SINCLAIRS is like a lot of other ... sell the item take the cash and you have a nice day.... almost always on larger machines like 125 cc & up.. I tell people to buy a good chain.. and about the fuel & other how to do.. and they can call me about anything.. you might as well buy off of ebay for all the help that I hear from SINCLAIRS.. If you want to save some $$ buy in ALBERTA save some tax.. and you know what parts are only covered by warranty...

Old 11-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
All dealers are suppose to be in a certain price range .. they are not suppose to sell for a lower than set price... but they can give you stuff to make it a better deal... the main thing is does the dealer treat you right... or screw you on warranty & other help... this is why I sell so much... I give a lot of after sales help and support.. SINCLAIRS is like a lot of other ... sell the item take the cash and you have a nice day.... almost always on larger machines like 125 cc & up.. I tell people to buy a good chain.. and about the fuel & other how to do.. and they can call me about anything.. you might as well buy off of ebay for all the help that I hear from SINCLAIRS.. If you want to save some $$ buy in ALBERTA save some tax.. and you know what parts are only covered by warranty...
Ok so how much for a 150b out there then?

Old 02-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #15

so flashlightboy isn't responding to my pm's ..... i am guessing he didn't like the lower price i found on the 250 ??? i duno but soon we will have the $$ to get the wife a new atv and if i have to I will go to the place that no one likes....not like i have to worry about the warenty as I do my own work.