Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #16

Old 03-13-2020, 11:21 PM   #17

Interesting the beating that little bike took, and it kept asking for more. The offroad bit wouldn't be as bad if they started off with the KPM200. But I get the whole video theme was to find the 'most expensive bike on Amazon' and the KPM ain't on Amazon. More proof that Lifan should really consider bring the KPT200 adventure bike to N. America. I would guess it, and the KPM200 would have quite a cult following here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #18

Nothing that we haven't known all along. China bikes are cheap and reliable. I'm glad he gave it the proper rating!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #19

There are a few things i don't understand about some US Riders. The fear they have of the up to 300cc motorcycles and highway riding. It's the most common thing to see "It's DANGEROUS TO RIDE a 200cc on a highway it can only cruise at 60mph!!!"

That's why you have overtaking lanes, if you someone want to overtake you, just move to the right, let them be.

Here the freeway are rated to 81mph, yes 81mph which is 130 km/h....

Here i'm at a freeway, going around 55-60 on 125cc, it could go a bit faster but still in break in.
Yes i was in "Squid" mode but i was in hurry i didn't have time to take my gloves or even align the camera...

At the same freeway a friend of mine and some other riders, love to top speed their Europeans motorcycles.
My Friend riding his bmw and like every single european rider he follows the law. Even in the same highway from my video.

Is not uncommon to see BMW, Ducatti, Yamaha R6, R1 going top speed... vehicles way above 80 mph... Just be aware once you see them, just move away...

Old 03-20-2020, 08:40 PM   #20

I agree with all the worry and obsession with speed readings. The member on this thread who quit chinariders over top speed (as in mph) arguments had a point or at least I think he did (couldn't understand exactly what he was trying to argue). Most urban freeway systems have speed limits far lower than 80mph, but thanks to uneducated idiots, there is no lane discipline, and thanks to the hectic pace of most cities, people drive impatiently. So, one would want to not be holding any lane up when traffic is moving along. 65 mph minimum is about right in urban freeway traffic, at least what I have seen firsthand in cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, and Phoenix. Some parts of the country and rural roads (as opposed to interstates) are about the same as freeways. The problem with those are they are often only one lane in either direction, and you run into people opposite doing dangerous overtakes right towards you, or making dangerous overtakes of you, or tailgating you. Of course, like you mentioned, move to the right and let traffic pass if they are impatient, which they usually are. But, my point about posting the video, was to show that this particular bike should be okay on most any road. Oh, interstates, I forgot to mention, are generally marked at high speeds, such as 65, 70, 75, and some at 80 mph (I believe there are ones marked at 85 in Texas, but those might be toll roads), and they are usually 2 lanes in either direction. So, generally, a slower vehicle like a lower displacement bike could use an interstate, but it is probably safer to take the lower speed highways that parallel the interstates.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-05-2020, 01:40 AM   #21

Okay, another video of the KPM200. I guess the one they rode a few weeks ago on the twisty roads and freeways of So. Cal was a different one. This video has some street riding, with the camera guy riding what I believe is the KP200 (the one without a fairing).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #22

I just watched that video before seeing your post here.

I have kept a mild interest in this bike and a couple others as I am considering swapping my Hawk out for one. As far as I can tell American Lifan is fairly true to their word when it comes to their top speed ratings. Pretty Much every KP 200cc bike has a top speed close to 75mph in actual speed. I know the KP200 and KPR200 have both been shown to reach almost exactly 75mph via GPS, so the KPM200 doing the same is not a stretch.

I Think the top speed debate is a bit of a dead horse being beaten, but I will beat it one last time.
My take is simple, the point isn't if these bikes are meant to be on the highway or not. That is up to the end user.
Being able to keep up with the flow of traffic does reduce danger to the rider of the bike, but proper lane use and etiquette can do the same (ie. pulling to the right and/or slowing to allow faster traffic to pass more quickly.)

These bikes are capable of freeway speeds in and around major population centers where speed limits are generally no greater than 65mph, and probably not the most suited for interstates outside of city limits in some areas, but that doesn't mean they cannot do it either.

To me, top speed would be a moderate factor in determining if this bike is for me IF I wanted to use it as a commuter where I might see some level of highway use. If it can keep up with the flow of traffic at 65 to 70mph without losing too much speed on hills at the same time, then it is useable to me as such. The reason why is simple, I have to potentially use it on areas of I80 that are 4 to 5 lines wide with multiple splits in some junctions. That means I have to make it to and travel in one of the central lanes.

Now, moving on to a different aspect of these bikes. I would really love to know what people are getting as far as fuel economy. Lifan rates them at 107mpg, but I have a hard time buying that figure unless they are lugging in 6th gear at like 45mph.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-05-2020, 07:49 AM   #23

As a new member here, the top speed question is asked with a different goal in mind.
Thus far the question has been as answered by people who know these bikes and their capabilities well. As a newb I simply don't know what I don't know. I don't know the best suited aplication for each bike, to aid my descision making process, a top speed value is quite handy to know. If I want a commuter then something advertized with a top speed of 45/50 is obviously not a great choice. If I'm looking for a dirt bike, an 80mph advertized top speed will likely not suit my needs either.
Gearing alone does not make a good street or dirt bike. In my mind the stock top speed is the best indication a newb has of it's intended niche, this is all completely relevant considering most of these bikes are duel sports.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #24

Good point. Top speed doesn't anything other than you can say. "Hey, my bike can do 80" . Both my Hawk and my X22R can hit 80mph. The reason I got the X22R was because the Hawk didn't feel safe running 70 mph on the street whereas the X22R I can run 70-75 mph and feel comfortable.
Now the question is. Does the KPM200 handle the higher speeds as well as the kpr200 even though they both can do 75mph?
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-06-2020, 03:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Good point. Top speed doesn't anything other than you can say. "Hey, my bike can do 80" . Both my Hawk and my X22R can hit 80mph. The reason I got the X22R was because the Hawk didn't feel safe running 70 mph on the street whereas the X22R I can run 70-75 mph and feel comfortable.
Now the question is. Does the KPM200 handle the higher speeds as well as the kpr200 even though they both can do 75mph?
I am sure the KPM can handle higher speeds just fine. I have owned my fair share of naked bikes and have figured out one thing over the years. The bikes can handle the speed just fine, but the rider is a different question.

A longer ride (several hours) on a naked bike at 70-80mph can take a serious toll on you.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #26

Please join and share.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6356...024/?ref=share