Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #1

My 200 gy 6(pics, and video on page 3)

I've uploaded quite a few photos of my GY6 to my gallery, you can see them here: http://chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=7145

The bike isn't quite done yet, I need to get a horn, front signals, and the bolts for the headlight fairing and taillight (I got a few wrong parts, they're sorting it out for me and then I will pick them up)...

quick preview if you didn't go to the gallery:

[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7220& g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

Old 01-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #2

Hey Jim
Where is the tail light? I see where it mounts, did it come with one? More pics Please! I looked through your gallery, nice bike!!
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #3

Thanks Bruce, I do have the taillight, but they get the "light kit" stuff all together separately, I'm not sure how you guys(A.L.) do it, anyways, I didn't get the metric bolts I need to mount it, the 2 that hold that plate there don't fit in the taillight, and I need a few more bolts for the front fender... Coast to Coast Motorsports has just moved warehouses, so they are still sorting out where everything is... So essentially I am waiting on a few more metric bolts, and the horn and front signals (they accidently gave my 4 rear ones, and I believe the fronts are different on this one)... They're getting it all sorted out though, and I will post an update once I get the few parts I need and finish the bike off I suppose I could get one more now, I've got the rear signals mounted, and the rear brake, and everything on the bars all adjusted and tightened including the mirrors, but I'll hold off till I get the rest of the stuff. The swingarm is a 1/4 inch taller, it looks like more to me, but I measured and it's 1/4 inch... I didn't check if it was thicker though...

Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #4

Good looking machine, Have You fired it up yet???

Old 01-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #5

Not yet, going to finish putting it together and change the oil, then I'll do that. Got the battery all ready to go. Coast to Coast has all the lights and stuff I need ready, but they're still looking for the gy5 rear rack they're giving me to put on here, so I can't go get my stuff yet.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #6

Cool, I would have been impatient and fired it up right away Does it look like thye have changed the rear shock set-up or not??

Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #7

Does that have the ohc or the ohv and for that matter do any of the counterbalanced engines have the ohc engine?

Old 01-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Looks like an adjustable clicker on the rear shock. Is it just for show?

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #9

I think it is the same counter balanced motor everyone gets nowadays...

The rear shock has an adjuster thing on the top of it, there is a cylinder next to it, which looks like it may have something to do with the shock, but the manual makes no mention of it... It does have a dog-bone setup on it, but I think it is different... This is the best picture of that I have so far, I will get more when I'm done...

[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7232& g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

Old 01-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #10

Quote:
there is a cylinder next to it, which looks like it may have something to do with the shock
That's a remote reservoir. I believe it provides more oil capacity for the shock.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #11

Ahh thanks...

I got it more finished... I went back and got the parts I needed, except I still don't have any bolts to put the front fender on with... so I will have to go find those at an auto parts store... Other then that, I need to set the rear axle chain tension properly. The only other thing is an electrical issue I need to sort out...

The bike will not start with the clutch out, even in neutral, but will start in any gear, as long as the clutch is in. (edit, turns out this is what the diode is for)

Old 02-01-2008, 05:25 AM   #12

Jim,

Congrats on your addition to the stable! :wink:

She looks good in red and black. Sorry to hear about the parts mix up. Please let us know how long it takes for you to receive them. Looking forward to hearing about your future experiences.

CC

"The Return - Riding Western China" movie site:
http://www.motocyclops.com

Old 02-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #13

Thanks Carl, I got the parts I needed now, minus 3 metric bolts, but I am just going to get them from a local auto parts store, rather then drive back the 40 minutes or so to get to the dealer. They've been really good though I think I should have it all finished up tomorrow, and hopefully I can figure out that electrical issue.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
there is a cylinder next to it, which looks like it may have something to do with the shock
That's a remote reservoir. I believe it provides more oil capacity for the shock.
[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7232& g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

If I'm looking at the wrong thing, let me know but if you're talking about the almost vertical cylinder in the above picture which is attached to the frame and with the black hoses attached to it then it's the rear-brake master cylinder which means you have a hydraulic rear disc brake. One black hose runs along the rear swing-arm to the calipers, looks like you got two "pot" calipers. The other runs up into the brake fluid reservior.

Looking at your gallery (nice gallery by the way) I noticed a picture of the shock from the left side of the bike and noticed what I'm guessing to be a wiring shroud but it may still be a bottle.
CC

"The Return - Riding Western China" movie site:
http://www.motocyclops.com

Old 02-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #15

I was actually talking about the cylinder in this picture, just this side of the rear shock