Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2016, 10:23 AM   #1

What do you clean you bikes with?

Hey guys i'm curious what everyone uses to clean their bikes? My bike has been sitting in the shed for about six months or so. Some of you may remember me from some of my previous posts about finding parts cause my brother wrecked my bike one day taking it out without permission. Since then I haven't had time to work on my bike till now. I order my new front rim, front fork set these are in shipping as we speak. SO HAPPY! should be here monday. So as anyone can imagine I got all excited about being able to work on my Hawk that I had to go out to the shed and check on her. To my disappointment my bike is cover with Dust and dirt or crud and I have no idea whats on the seat. It's like these white dots maybe poo not really sure. I live in the country and it seems some critters broke in and vandilized my shed. So I'm looking for suggestions on what to use to clean the Seat manly but also what you all use on the whole bike. Sorry if this is a silly question this is my first bike and I just wanna take the best care possible. Even if those darn critters are against me!! Thank you all and have a great day.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedeepinit View Post
Hey guys i'm curious what everyone uses to clean their bikes? My bike has been sitting in the shed for about six months or so. Some of you may remember me from some of my previous posts about finding parts cause my brother wrecked my bike one day taking it out without permission. Since then I haven't had time to work on my bike till now. I order my new front rim, front fork set these are in shipping as we speak. SO HAPPY! should be here monday. So as anyone can imagine I got all excited about being able to work on my Hawk that I had to go out to the shed and check on her. To my disappointment my bike is cover with Dust and dirt or crud and I have no idea whats on the seat. It's like these white dots maybe poo not really sure. I live in the country and it seems some critters broke in and vandilized my shed. So I'm looking for suggestions on what to use to clean the Seat manly but also what you all use on the whole bike. Sorry if this is a silly question this is my first bike and I just wanna take the best care possible. Even if those darn critters are against me!! Thank you all and have a great day.

I wash my bikes with regular car wash soap and water with a microfiber glove.

Then for finishing aside from normal wax, I absolutely LOVE this stuff: Cleans and polishes at the same time

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Bike.../dp/B007KPX7HQ

Old 10-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #3

Soap & water like a car. I usually use compressed air and/or a leaf blower to get the water out of all the nooks & crannies before toweling it off. Once the crud is off you can do "dry cleanings" with Honda polish or similar keeping it nice with minimal effort and no water to rust stuff.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #4

I go to a quarter car wash and just pressure wash it. Then wipe it off. My cars are a different story. (Spray wax, tire shine, etc.)

I figure it's a dirt bike, it's suppose to be dirty? lol

Old 10-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #5

I just hose mine off and if the dirt doesnt come off, might rub it a bit with my hand. no sense getting it too clean since I'll just get it dirty again.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #6

Water blast / spray with a very strong mix of dynamo & water
leave for 30 mins & water blast again..

i mix the dynamo in a 5L home weed sprayer dose heaps of washes...
it removes the mud filim thats left after the water blaster....

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 10-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I just hose mine off and if the dirt doesnt come off, might rub it a bit with my hand. no sense getting it too clean since I'll just get it dirty again.
They don't call it a "dirt bike" for nothing
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-08-2016, 12:15 AM   #8

Wash with Dawn and do a finish polish with Lemon Pledge.I was surprised at how good pledge keeps crap from sticking to body work and windscreens.I also use it on my helmets.Avoid the seat,hand grips,and levers.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:20 AM   #9

Car detailing sprays (like Meguiars, etc) work well on a clean bike with a microfiber cloth to give it the as new shine.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:19 AM   #10

I'mI wash with rain x car wash the dry with eagle one wax as you dry not so it is clean but so it is protected from the sun and won't fade.

Last edited by Jayman77; 10-08-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #11

I've always washed everything in Zip Wax car wash. My Harley's, Vics and all the dirt bikes. I've found that it cleans well, leaves a shine and I can usually find it at Wally World on sale for cheap.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350