Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #31

We can only imagine how far Spud's research has reached.

You'll likely find them for a lower price locally.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonsgccc
well the zongshen sticky that spud built has the bearing numbers and references to where to find them. i may look at the local bearing vendors to see what they offer. currently i have found the front and rear bearings for 22.69 plus shipping of 6.09 that is a pretty good price but if the local shop if it is close in price i will probably go with them just to support my community and avoid the wait.

i just want to say thanks to spud for putting together such a priceless resource. :P
im sure many chinabike owners have felt in the dark when it comes to knowledge and parts resources zongshen or any chinabike builder for that matter could greatly improve their customer relations and sales if they had someone like spud working for them.

thanks again
You're welcome, Sean. Thank you for your kind words.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #33

[url]

finally posted picture of the bad bearing. i packed with grease and put back together and noise seems to be gone so bearings should definitely fix it.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #34

I recommend sealed bearings. Don't know why they don't install them in the factory, because these bearings are not greasable, and the cost difference is negligible.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #35

i agree. these bearings i believe were considered sealed they have a plastic cover that i removed to expose the balls. the inside however was already off and the ball bearing retainer was out of place. a good snapped in metl cover would difinitely be better

Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #36

The sealed bearings I buy have a plastic cover on both sides, and they last a long time.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
The sealed bearings I buy have a plastic cover on both sides, and they last a long time.
As usual, I agree. I buy 2RS bearings which have two rubber seals.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #38

I guess it would be rubber and not plastic; never pried one apart, and never thought about it.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #39

I recommend whenever one hears a strange noise, or his bike behaves improperly, he should quickly inspect the bike to discover the source of the problem.

Since we only have two wheels to balance upon, I inspect all components of a wheel whenever I need to remove it. In particular, I always inspect the following items.

Wheel Bearings
Hub Integrity
Replace/Tighten Spokes
Rim Integrity
Brake Drum/Caliper
Brake Shoes/Pads
Tire Tread
Tire Pressure

When changing a tire I also inspect the following items.

Spokes protruding through spoke nipples
Inner Tube Integrity
Rim Strip Integrity

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #40

i need to do a better job of maintaining my bike. i work so much its hard to find the time but that excuse wont help much when im stranded. 8O

forgive my messed up signature i have been trying to fix it. this machine is possessed :twisted:

Old 07-02-2020, 04:47 AM   #41

Kawasaki Eliminator 125 rear shoes

I will need to service my Zong's rear brakes soon, so I wondered if there were any updates regarding the use of the Kawasaki Eliminator BN125 rear brake shoes. Are they compatible or not, in the end?

I'm asking because I can find at least two compatible options:

https://www.stelpet.gr/Proion/16588/...nator-125-Yog/
https://www.stelpet.gr/Proion/16544/...-S602-X-Brake/

and one of them (the Yog offering) comes with springs....

Interestingly, for all Euro members, China Parts Ltd. does stock 130 x 28mm shoes, and has them codenamed VB223,Y506,Y517,VB233, which do sound familar....the Kawasaki Eliminator ones are type S602.

Since EBC 506 was mentioned, another possible option might be these Y-506 shoes:

https://www.stelpet.gr/Proion/19459/1081/Siagones-Yamaha-Virago-250-Y-506-X-Brake/

However they must have screwed up the description and mixed them up with Y-533, supposedly for the Yamaha Virago 250

Any help/insight would be appreciated

Last edited by ChillRider; 07-02-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #42

The stock shoes are stamped as ZH100B which EBC ref it as "820"
AKA FXD in street Chinese)

Anyways shoes for Yamaha or Suzuki seems doesn't show ill effect at least in this thread...

Old 09-24-2020, 04:25 AM   #43

Well, FWIW I finally went ahead and changed the rear brakes last week.

These ones:

https://www.stelpet.gr/Proion/16544/...-S602-X-Brake/

were a perfect fit, they did come with springs (despite the pic showing otherwise) and pretty much matched the other compatible offerings for the Eliminator 125, as well as the shoes I ordered from ChinaParts Ltd., UK., just in case.

So at least we can safely say that the Kawasaki Eliminator 125 rear brake shoes DO fit on the ZS200GY-2. Better late than never. The old brake shoes (which had all the looks of being the stock ones) were simply marked "EB" and "130".

That being said, I realized that the brakes never were one of the Zong's strong points. Let's say the rear brake went from "working when it felt like it" to "doing something most of the time", but by itself it remains a comparatively weak rear brake. It's OK for some finesse braking when stopping at a light, and some moderate trail braking, or combined with the front brake. Still, better to know it's there than second-guessing