Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2020, 09:27 PM   #46

Does anyone know where I could source a complete assembly of the rear wheel. Thanks.

Old 05-10-2020, 12:51 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick102311 View Post
Does anyone know where I could source a complete assembly of the rear wheel. Thanks.
Try www.kronikracing.com

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #48

Fork boots and tires

Just picked up fork boots on ebay from a Honda CL70 and new tires from Amazon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (19.5 KB, 1336 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (10.2 KB, 1193 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (17.7 KB, 1242 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (11.5 KB, 1237 views)

Old 07-09-2020, 05:40 AM   #49

Update, I finally got the bike registered and I've found that the Motorcycle tag doesn't fit the mounting brackets properly... I got it (jury-rigged) attached but I'll need to work on a more permanent solution eventually.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixaj View Post
...and new tires from Amazon.
Shinko SR241 ?

Old 07-17-2020, 02:08 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Shinko SR241 ?

Yes.

Rear:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Front:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #52

Boomcat Carb replacement

Hello I recently purchased a boom a few months ago and did a cafe racer rebuild on my bike. After replacing the muffler and air filter I knew I would need to re-jet the carburetor.

The PZ20 that came originally on the bike wasn’t able to tune properly.

So after finding this thread I saw someone bought a new carb but doesn’t say what specific carb they bought or if they had to re-jet it as well.

I found myself buying a Mikuni Vm22 copy from amazon with 48mm bolt spacing. I knew I was going to need to re-jet this carb as well and thought I would have better luck finding jet kits for.

After opening and researching the jets that it came with, I found it has a Mikuni 95 main jet and a Keihin 38 pilot jet. I bolted it on just to see what would happen. It starts fine while on choke but when you take choke off it’s RPMs skyrocket and stay extremely high. I tried adjusting the air screw but nothing changes.

It able to ride smoothly and goes through all gears as if normal but choke is on.

I was hoping someone here would be able to give advice for my issues. Thank you

here is the link to the carb i bought, i have also attached pictures to show.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176TACDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #53

IMG_0539 by Joel Mcdonnell, on Flickr
9FCEEA79-06CB-4FAA-84DE-B5EF96D60E1A_1_105_c by Joel Mcdonnell, on Flickr1FD77B34-A4AB-4DF9-8FF5-145241A38544_1_105_c by Joel Mcdonnell, on Flickr

Old 08-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel88 View Post
Hello I recently purchased a boom a few months ago and did a cafe racer rebuild on my bike. After replacing the muffler and air filter I knew I would need to re-jet the carburetor.

The PZ20 that came originally on the bike wasn’t able to tune properly.

So after finding this thread I saw someone bought a new carb but doesn’t say what specific carb they bought or if they had to re-jet it as well.

I found myself buying a Mikuni Vm22 copy from amazon with 48mm bolt spacing. I knew I was going to need to re-jet this carb as well and thought I would have better luck finding jet kits for.

After opening and researching the jets that it came with, I found it has a Mikuni 95 main jet and a Keihin 38 pilot jet. I bolted it on just to see what would happen. It starts fine while on choke but when you take choke off it’s RPMs skyrocket and stay extremely high. I tried adjusting the air screw but nothing changes.

It able to ride smoothly and goes through all gears as if normal but choke is on.

I was hoping someone here would be able to give advice for my issues. Thank you

here is the link to the carb i bought, i have also attached pictures to show.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176TACDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
First thing is check to make sure the throttle slide is resting all the way down at the bottom. Could be a simple as adjusting the cable, or having to cut the cable casing to get more slack. Then a obvious one would be the idle speed screw, back it all the way out so it let's the slide sit all the way down. Set the idle air/fuel screw(the one on the bottom of the carb pointing strait down) to 1 1/2 turns out from screwed all the way in. Don't crank it down when you screw it in, just till it stops. Then back it out and count rotations. Then if all else fails check and make sure you don't have a vacuum leak where the intake flanges are(cylinder head side or carburetor side).

Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #55

Took the bike to work today, and the mechanic stand lock fell out somewhere along the ride and ended up dragging along the ground. Luckily I had some bungee cords on me and was able to secure it. Driving about 55mph down the roadway and hearing the clatter of metal on roadway was an... interesting experience to say the least.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerlin View Post
Took the bike to work today, and the mechanic stand lock fell out somewhere along the ride and ended up dragging along the ground. Luckily I had some bungee cords on me and was able to secure it. Driving about 55mph down the roadway and hearing the clatter of metal on roadway was an... interesting experience to say the least.
It's like driving a Ford!

Old 09-02-2020, 07:05 AM   #57

Reminds Me

Saw this as a Facebook ad and it looked so much like my old Harley Davidson Rapido I had to register and comment. Sold it long ago: great bike. 2 cycle, which this is not. The one pictured is the one I had. Different years looked even more like this bike, especially previous versions: if I remember right.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:08 PM   #58

Seat and exhaust

Hey Joel88,

Can you post a link to the exhaust and the seat you have? I would like to the same thing to mine. Also, when you put in the new carb, did you take off the emissions and EGR stuff? If so, do you have guide for hose routing. I tried a new carb before but didn't vent the tank properly (luckily, i didnt drive long enough to have it implode).

Thanks,

Old 09-30-2020, 01:12 AM   #59

Is anyone able to post a couple of pictures of the mechanic stand assembly? I'm trying to reconstruct what was there before but I need an idea of what goes there.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #60

Got ours today. Brake light broken. Speedo doesn't work. Rattles everywhere. Scratched paint in spots. Sputters when riding. Highbeam not working.

Fixed majority of rattles (mostly front fender). Forks need tightened down (gotta check the main nut). Tightened rear turn signals and front signals down (they were very loose).

Contacted Belmont Bikes about the left headlight switch, speedo issue and other issues.

Honestly, build quality sucks compared to our Lifan's. Kymco build quality is much better as well (we have two K-Pipes) and run better (stock), but they are not retro bikes.

However, we like the retro bikes (have several 60's yamie's). And this one has potential once we get some of the bugs worked out.

Is it worth $1449 (what I paid). Nope. But we already got tires (Shinko 244's) coming, carb coming, new yellow headlight w/grille, wife is gonna restitch the seat with red thread, got a sprocket coming and different front fender. And am looking at a 140 big bore kit for it as well.

Swap out some of the crappy stuff with less crappy stuff and it'll be a cool looking little bike.

I'll race it against our 64 Yammie Trailmaster 80 when I'm done rebuiding the engine on it.

And we'll post our unboxing and upgrades as we do them on our YouTube page.