Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #1

2019 SSR XF250GY Fuel gauge issues

I recently purchased a SSR XF250 dualsport and it is a great bike. I am noticing however that the fuel gauge is not always displaying properly. It seems to flicker on and off depending on a list of things. I checked for voltage going to the sensor, at least what I think the sensor is, and it is present. My question is “Is it the sensor itself or in the gauge display? Has any one had this problem? Is there an after market fuel float sensor to put in? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficnarr View Post
It seems to flicker on and off depending on a list of things. I checked for voltage going to the sensor...
Check the ohm reading of float sensor 1st. http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=23159
U can always use "dumb resitance load" to check the display unit is working propley or not.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:10 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. The 2013 model I own did not come with a fuel gauge, but the wiring harness for the gauge cluster is quite compacted behind the headlight. I would remove the headlight fairing and see if something is binding or pinched in there.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:22 PM   #4

Fuel gauge issues

Thanks for the responses! I appreciate any and all help as I’m a noob when it comes to bikes.

I pulled the sensor out of the tank and checked the ohm readings. It measured between .08(empty) and .95 (full). I was able to trace the wiring up to the display gauge, I did not however undo the entire bundle to check the full run of wire. I didn’t notice and breaks or loose connections. When I put everything back together I noticed the fuel gauge reads correctly but only when I am up around 4500 rpm. It will come on faint but won’t stay. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the welcome and the advice/help

Old 10-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #5

I know this is a bit late but my 2018 XF250 does the same thing. To be honest I don't really care that the gauge acts funny. The only thing it is good for is to get a close enough reading to actual fuel level. I've found that when it's at the last green bar it usually takes around 1.6-2 gals depending on how long I've ridden with it on the last bar. It seems to work as a low fuel light but not an actual level gauge... I think I'll be swapping my cluster out with a TrailTech Vapor with a low fuel light.

Tags
fuel gauge, fuel sensor