Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2023, 05:15 PM   #1

Ultrasonic cleaner

Tell me what I need to know about owning, operating, keeping, maintaining, feeding, educating, nurturing, putting through college, and planning for the lifelong care of an ultrasonic cleaner.
There's someone near me that has one for sale (10 liter) for cheap, described as new and in the box, which I would never believe. But as someone who has cleaned greasy parts by hands since the time grease was invented... I figure it's time to embrace this technology after being handed spotless parts too many times and been told, Oh, these came out of my ultrasonic cleaner.
Honda CB350
Honda CL450
Tyrion the Pit Bike

Old 11-20-2023, 07:22 PM   #2

Plenty of YT videos on ultrasonic cleaners.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 11-20-2023, 07:48 PM   #3

I have a 3l unit...maybe its flawed or faulty i did have to replace the control board to get the inducers to work and it does make the high frequency shrill sound when operating...but the results in detergent/water have not been all that impressive. Just used in on a bunch of CT110 carb parts. most came out the same as the went in after 1 hour....though there was detritus left behind in the tub...I definitely dont get the brand new look results other do from their sonic cleaners.

Hard to say really if I would recommend it...maybe a more aggressive de-greaser would help. But at that point something like an ultra hot dish washer or parts cleaner stand might be better.

Th3 10l variants might have more grunt and if you deal with carbs and or intricate machine parts on the regular it could be worthwhile.

Old 11-20-2023, 09:03 PM   #4

Used one for years at my first job at a dental lab. Change the water, that's about it.
We cleaned crowns and bridges we were building, mostly before applying and baking on the porcelain.
After the original one finally died, we bought another that was an animal. I reached into it to grab some metal work before turning it off (never a problem with the old one) and I thought it was going to rip the meat off my fingers. Lesson learned.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-21-2023, 08:23 AM   #5

I purchased one similar to THIS ONE 2 years ago, and it works perfectly for cleaning carbs. I use a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and water, and run it for 30 minutes at 60° C.

Old 11-21-2023, 09:36 AM   #6

This little pit bike project is going to be an ugly disgusting monster. And it’s looking like I am going to be able to button up the CL450 easy enough (knocks on wood). But this cleaner not-quite fell out of the sky, and I’m not a complete dummy - I know when I should put Mr Franklin on the table.

One of my Honda buddies here in down uses Krud Kutter as his plus up to help degrease. I thought he was kinda nuts.

I’ve got a 10l one I’m set to pick up. So - should be ample for most things I hope.
Honda CB350
Honda CL450
Tyrion the Pit Bike

Old 11-26-2023, 06:20 PM   #7

I got this one a couple years back. I run the Gunk brand Carb and Parts Cleaner (it comes in a one-gallon paint can from most auto parts stores or Walmart) and it works amazingly well. You just have to be careful to not over-temp the cleaning solution because it can possibly catch fire, but will DEFINETLY stink up the shop. All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase, and it's paid for itself many times over in terms of saved time and profanity-laced tirades with an old toothbrush.

https://www.chinariders.net/attachme...1&d=1701040652
Attached Images
File Type: jpg US Cleaner.jpg (168.1 KB, 8 views)

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up