Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #16

That Ct90 looks alot better than the two I parted out.

You first part should be a headlight and speedo as I sent it priority mail. Needed something to get free pickup.

The rest of them are on the slow boat from Atlanta. That spare frame will be put around back for you later.

Allen

Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #17

Thanks Kato.

That bike is rougher in person but it does run and is rideable as it is.
I just have a bunch of little things to do to it.

I want to paint both of them and the s90 is really rough and it needs most of the parts.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #18

I have an old (but slick) Honda 50 2 sp and I would like to put a larger engine in it -- does anyone know where I could get maybe a 70 or a 90 that would bolt in, preferably auto and 3 or 4 sp ?

Luke, 11: 21

Old 05-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #19

They are all over the place, well the slightly larger 125cc but even the 90cc engines are everywhere.

I had a difficult time getting the 50cc engines as there isnt much interest in them so not many people selling them I guess but I did find two that are 50cc, 4 speed auto for an unbelievable low price for the two.(under $150 shipped)

Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #20

OK some pics of the S90.
This is how it looked after a little while wrenching on it stripping it down.

As you can see (or maybe cant) the new engine is NOT a direct bolt-in but then I didnt really expect it to be.(would have been nice though)

I dont want to cut/grind the S90 frame so I'll try to make an engine mounting adapter bracket.Once thats done and a few other mods I'll strip, sand and paint the frame.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #21

That will look nice when mounted, You picked a good one this project should keep ya busy

Old 05-15-2009, 05:42 AM   #22

I like the S90's style.

I just need to get the engine mounted into the frame and do a few other things and I'll paint the frame.
(It'll probably look worse after I paint it- )

I have so much to do to it:
rebuild the front forks
change the rims from 18" to 17" (I may use blue aluminum rims and lace them myself-oh boy :roll: )
make the engine mounting adapter
wire it all up with electric stat and blinkers and everything else.

The front forks are about rusted out but thanks to KATO I do have something to work with.

I had to take some before pics so I can show the before/after look.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #23

So I decided to see what these parts were made out of that I bought from KATORANGER.

I took a nasty, crusty rear brake backing plate that had two colors of paint lightly sprayed on it and stripped all the parts off it and started to clean it up.

This is how it looks now and I know the picture looks dark but it really does shine in the sun.

I learned to never NEVER EVER use a wire brush or wire wheel on these parts if you want to polish them to a mirror shine.

Even so after I polished it a bit and seen my wire wheel mistake I just used some 400grit sand paper and smoothed most of it out.

I will change my clean and prep procedure and keep going at all the parts I have to refurb.
That piece in my opinion is still far from finished as far as I'm concerned but it looks far better now than when I first started.
Probably less than an hours work on that part.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #24

I am glad to see that you can put those parts to use. I located a nice big bog for the frame and the parts that are still here. I will get them ready to go over the next few weeks.

FYI. I think that the brake on the xr80-100 are the same.

Allen

Old 05-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #25

OH man kato I am very happy with them, these parts are fine and for the most part it will just take a little bit of elbow grease to get them cleaned up.

It will be a little bit before I'm ready for the frame, a week or so but I will take it soon.

I plan to get these two bikes going, the CT90 and the S90 then I'll try my hand at slobber welding something from scratch with the left over parts.
(It cant be any more dangerous than that wood motorcycle :wink: )

Old 05-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #26

No hurry. I am going to box it up and when you say go we can just slap a label on it.

Probably need to UooPS it.

Allen

Old 05-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #27

You need a polishing wheel for Your bench grinder
That part cleaned up pretty well. I anxious to see how it's going to look when completed.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:41 AM   #28

I used a 6" bench grinder converted to polisher and I have 1 polisher wheel that is sewed and another that is loose.
Its a new harbor freight bench grinder and is very very weak and easy to stall.

I messed up by using that tiny tiny fine wired wire wheel to clean it up initially, NEVER AGAIN :!:

My plan now is to get another blastbox and use fine walnut shell media to do the initial clean then a parts cleaner and then go to polisher I'll hand sand as needed.

The blastbox is on sale right now so I'll pick one up even though I dont really have the room for it.
It will also get into all those tight little spots very easily.

The part is sitting right here on my desk still and it just amazes me how well it cleaned up in the few minutes I worked on it.

I have two bikes to do and I need to clean/polish both front and rear wheel hubs completely and then just a few other parts.

So it looks like I'll be lacing four rims in the future and still havnt ruled out colored aluminum rims for each bike.

I got some steel saturday so I hope to get some kind of engine adapter made for the S90 soon so I can get it painted then I'm on the down side of it.

My wife decided she wants her lower fork tube painted instead of polished but I may polish up a set and see how that looks.(thanks again KATO)

I plan to shoot the bikes paint with an air spray gun but I'm using oil based rustoleum and not sure how or even if that will work.(I foresee a lot of spraygun cleaning)

Old 05-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #29

Paint it John Deere green

Old 05-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #30

Hers is now going to be a custom color aqua or teal, not straight forest green (john deere green) I have teased her to much :( and she wants it a bit different.