Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #76

Well.. this is weird. I got a new adjustable rear shock with a stiffer spring for the bike that I installed tonight. For the hell of it, I tapped the pump with a rachet a few time... and it built pressure and fired up!! So I finally took it for its first street ride. I stayed close to home just in case the pump died again. The tune needs work, but I got her up to 46mph! Still going to replace the pump this weekend just to be safe.

16 SSR SR125: PZ26, New Racing CDI, Blue plastics, LED headlight

Street:
16 Boom Vader 125: Microsquirt EFI conversion, HID/LED headlights, 17T front sprocket, O-Ringed Gold chain, adjustable rear damper, The DD

Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #77

Just tossing some ideas at you...

Did you replace the Chinese fuel lines on the bike/fuel injection kit with some kind of good name brand hose? Do you have a fuel filter installed?

Might have some kind of grit or a chunk of the fuel line that stopped fuel flow in the pump, you tapping on it might have dislodged whatever was sticking up the pumps "Intake" ??

Tapping on it might have also made a better/solid connection for the wiring somehow?

Either way you got out for a ride

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Just tossing some ideas at you...

Did you replace the Chinese fuel lines on the bike/fuel injection kit with some kind of good name brand hose? Do you have a fuel filter installed?

Might have some kind of grit or a chunk of the fuel line that stopped fuel flow in the pump, you tapping on it might have dislodged whatever was sticking up the pumps "Intake" ??

Tapping on it might have also made a better/solid connection for the wiring somehow?

Either way you got out for a ride
Oh yeah, no way was I going to trust that junk china hose with 45psi haha

The feed, return and injector lines were all clear, I unhooked the pump completely and blew the hoses and pump out with air to be sure. I have a clear high flowing filter on the inlet.

And tapping on it.. I have done the trick where when a cars fuel pump dies you hit the tank with a hammer a few times to get it working again with success, which is where I got the idea for this. That usually only works when you cant hear the pump run, and I could hear mine running the whole time it wasn't building pressure. I still think the pump has an internal issue.

Street:
16 Boom Vader 125: Microsquirt EFI conversion, HID/LED headlights, 17T front sprocket, O-Ringed Gold chain, adjustable rear damper, The DD

Old 05-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #79

Hehe, the ol technical tap

Also, sometimes you can take a deep breath and blow on it hard and it will fix er right up
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-12-2017, 07:07 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Hehe, the ol technical tap

Also, sometimes you can take a deep breath and blow on it hard and it will fix er right up
Also works on starters lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Also works on starters lol
Got a jd rider mower that i have been having to do that to the solenoid. Need to get that dam thing ordered.

Starter solenoid
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Last edited by BlackBike; 05-13-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #82

Is the fuel flowing back into the tank? If so, it may be the regulator.

If tapping doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

Old 05-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #83

The fuel pump I ordered is way too big, much bigger than it said in the listing, so it is not going to work. Oh well. I think I am going to run this MotoEFI pump a little longer and see if it keeps working while I soruce a different pump. In other news I finally got my new front sprocket and chain installed. Went with an O-Ringed 428 chain and a 17T sprocket. I ordered a 18T as well, but it would not fit. I plan on tweaking the tune and going for a ride later today as its a beautiful 65° and sunny day here in michigan.

Street:

Old 05-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #84

The Vader did good so far today! Made the 16 mile trek to work just fine. I need to datalog it as its either too rich or too lean on the top end. Hit a top speed of 57mph while drafting a semi haha. Going to strap a gopro to myself soon a make a new video for you guys

Street:

Old 05-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #85

Chain?

As I have a 17t sprocket, but have heard factory chain is too short, if you could put up a link...pun intended...lol, for the chain you got, would be cool! wondering what total links were that you needed. Maybe an additional link was enough? Any help would be awesome. I envy the FI on your Vader, as that is really COOL! Not sure if I could do it on mine, factory airbox, emissions stuff is all gone.

Thanks for any help!

Old 05-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #86

We have same color scheme...here's mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170505_173859.jpg (95.3 KB, 774 views)

Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody302 View Post
As I have a 17t sprocket, but have heard factory chain is too short, if you could put up a link...pun intended...lol, for the chain you got, would be cool! wondering what total links were that you needed. Maybe an additional link was enough? Any help would be awesome. I envy the FI on your Vader, as that is really COOL! Not sure if I could do it on mine, factory airbox, emissions stuff is all gone.

Thanks for any help!
Here is the chain I am running.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/321318221273

Its 136 links and needs to be shortened. If you dont have one, now would be a good time to get a chain breaker. I am unsure how many links the stock chain had. I took mine off, put them side by side, then counted 2 more links for the larger sprocket. It was close to 120 links but like I said I didnt count, just eyeballed it and added 2 links

And thanks for the kind words about the efi! You could totally do it to a bike with aftermarket everything. I am honestly going to be making a new exhaust and potentially getting rid of the airbox myself

Street:

Old 05-16-2017, 09:21 PM   #88

Something strange I have figured out with this ecu.. the EGO correction doesn't work correctly. It seems to be inverted. I datalogged a ride the other night and noticed that when the o2 sensor reads a high voltage (rich) it starts to add fuel.. the exact opposite of what it should do. So i am either going to have to disable ego correction, which kinda defies the purpose of this, or figure something else out. I am half tempted to flash B&G Microsquirt software to it and see what happens. If I brick it, I am going to go back to a carb until I get a genuine microsquirt. Stupid china..

Street:

Old 05-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #89

Alternate fuel pump idea. Ecotrons does sell individual parts, including the fuel pumps. I learned this after contacting them about one of their larger pumps for my Goldwing EFI ideas. Their 25lph pump draws only 2 amps - the same draw as a single 12V 1156 bulb, aka not much) and is roughly about the same size as the CDI box. The prices may be different now, but when I contacted them a few months ago their 45lph pump was 85 bucks. So, at worst, the smaller pump would cost about that much. AFAIK, their products are pretty reliable.

Just an idea.

As far as the EGO correction, that is definitely strange. If you do decide to try and flash that B&G software definitely let us know how it goes. It's definitely disheartening that you are having these kinds of issues. I was just considering purchasing one of these kits, but now I am second guessing that decision. It might cost twice as much, but the microsquirt is starting to be more tempting. The problem is, while this kit being so cheap made it more reasonable to go EFI, spending $500 to microsquirt the bike is well into "is it really worth it?" land. Granted, the nice thing about the Microsquirt is that if I ever got rid of the hawk, I could use it on something else. One of my favorite aspects of universal EMS setups.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas@Air_Lift View Post
Something strange I have figured out with this ecu.. the EGO correction doesn't work correctly. It seems to be inverted. I datalogged a ride the other night and noticed that when the o2 sensor reads a high voltage (rich) it starts to add fuel.. the exact opposite of what it should do. So i am either going to have to disable ego correction, which kinda defies the purpose of this, or figure something else out. I am half tempted to flash B&G Microsquirt software to it and see what happens. If I brick it, I am going to go back to a carb until I get a genuine microsquirt. Stupid china..
That is strange. I know when tuning on force induction motors the PCM would do all kinds of strange adjustments so I switch to speed density tuning and told it what I wanted to do and when. I had better results. I would just disable the EGO correction and just do a lot of datalogging and adjust fuel were needed.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel