Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #106

Hey Lucas,

a great effort on your part and kudos for taking it as far as you could.

Glad to hear you're able to use the bike for now!

Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #107

Put a bigger air filter on the carb.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Put a bigger air filter on the carb.
I am.. this is all I had laying around the shead. I'm building a pretty cool intake for it using a 4" weber downdraft velocity stack and a UNI sock
16 SSR SR125: PZ26, New Racing CDI, Blue plastics, LED headlight

Street:
16 Boom Vader 125: Microsquirt EFI conversion, HID/LED headlights, 17T front sprocket, O-Ringed Gold chain, adjustable rear damper, The DD

Old 06-29-2017, 04:44 PM   #109

Looking forward to see that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas@Air_Lift View Post
I am.. this is all I had laying around the shead. I'm building a pretty cool intake for it using a 4" weber downdraft velocity stack and a UNI sock

Old 08-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #110

cant wait to see where it goes when it goes again\

Old 01-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #111

Hi Lucas,

Maybe I can help you with your problems, after reading the whole post, I can recommend that you check the stator of the alternator.
I have a Chinese bike similar to yours and I have acquaintances who make pit bike races with an engine very similar to yours.

Electric current:
If I have not seen wrong, your cdi is powered by battery. If your battery is in good condition, strip the contacts from the power supply of the voltage regulator and see what AC voltage comes from the alternator. The value must be greater than the DC voltage of the voltage regulator output. At idle you should charge the battery (13-13.5v approximate). If not, you must change it.

You could also look at the alternator Ohms, if you know the values. It has happened to me to read the ohms and be at the factory value, but not to give AC voltage (6v), so if you can do the test that I have mentioned, it is convenient.

It is not the same electrical requirement feeding only cdi to an efi kit. I also bought a kit similar to yours 2 stroke and the power consumption is about 25w according to the seller. According to my calculations, it would be for 30w. You should look at the power that your alternator generates too. In the case that you exceed, you can always lower the consumption of lighting.

EFI Kit:

My friend says that the pump factor that you have to 0, you have to put it to 99, the ignition table (spark) looks good.

I hope you can buy the items you need soon, cheer up, you're not alone.

All this written with google translator, I do not know English I only know Spanish. I hope to hear from you.

regards

Old 02-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #112

Hi,
I also use this system and had same fuel pump problem like yours.

What i do is just install the fuel pump vertically with the fuel output at top side and input from tank at downside. Now i ride daily without problem.

I hope this will help.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:28 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelethorn View Post
Hi,
I also use this system and had same fuel pump problem like yours.

What i do is just install the fuel pump vertically with the fuel output at top side and input from tank at downside. Now i ride daily without problem.

I hope this will help.
Hi,

Could you give more details about your motorcycle? And the installation of the components and the programming? Thanks!

------

Hola,

¿Podrías dar más detalles de tu motocicleta? ¿Y la instalación de los componentes y la programación? ¡Gracias!

Old 02-27-2019, 06:58 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligius View Post
Hi,

Could you give more details about your motorcycle? And the installation of the components and the programming? Thanks!

------

Hola,

¿Podrías dar más detalles de tu motocicleta? ¿Y la instalación de los componentes y la programación? ¡Gracias!
Hi.
My motorcycle is yamaha 135 i convert to 150cc. About the installation i dont know how to tell you haha. I didnt take any picture of it while assembling, but the most problem is at the fuel return line. I save original program from ecu to my pc first before made adjustment. Reduce or raise all the VE value by 2 point then test ride before fine tune.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #115

Quote:
Hi.
My motorcycle is yamaha 135 i convert to 150cc. About the installation i dont know how to tell you haha. I didnt take any picture of it while assembling, but the most problem is at the fuel return line. I save original program from ecu to my pc first before made adjustment. Reduce or raise all the VE value by 2 point then test ride before fine tune.
Hello,

it's a pity that there are no images :(

From the return line do you mean the connection to the fuel tank? To have as little restriction as possible so that the pump does not have problems to return the fuel, it should be connected from the top of the fuel tank or from below, with an internal pipe to the top of the tank, so that the weight of the fuel does not impede the return.

Why do not you open a post with your bike and show it to us?

Could you upload the copy of the file or the programming that you have in the ecu now? It would be interesting to compare it (If you do not want to, do not do it)

Thanks for the advice,

Regards

-------

Hola,

es una lástima que no haya imágenes :(

¿De la línea de retorno te refieres a la conexión al depósito de combustible? A de tener la menor restricción posible para que la bomba no tenga problemas para devolver el combustible, se debería conectar por la parte alta del depósito de combustible o desde abajo, con un tubo interno hasta la parte de arriba del depósito, para que el peso del combustible no impida el retorno.

¿Porqué no abres un post con tu moto y nos lo enseñas?

¿Podrías subir la copia del archivo o la programación que tienes en la ecu ahora? Sería interesante compararlo (Si no quieres, no lo hagas)

Gracias por el consejo,

Saludos

Old 04-08-2019, 05:22 AM   #116

Name:  IMG_20190407_122334.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  89.0 KB
I didnt connect exhaust sensor to the ECU, i connect it to AFR gauge. Easier for me to read the mixture while im riding if i feel something weird.

Name:  IMG_20190407_122312.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  87.1 KB
ECU on top of the battery. Green cable is battery voltage stabilizer installed years ago. Black single cable is from ECU to connect to laptop.

Name:  IMG_20190109_000020.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  96.1 KB
Re-use stock intake manifold and aftermarket bullet air filter and the end.
Name:  IMG_20190108_235944.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  85.9 KB

Here's my setup. And msq file. Just remove .txt extension. This VE table cut half of my fuel consumption with carburetor before. This Ignition table is still original because i didnt use cdi that supplied with the set. Just focus on the fueling.

Return fuel should be connected at the top to avoid leakage. But the main thing is to prevent fuel pump from heating up by return the fuel on other side of tank and feed it back to the pump on another side to cool the fuel.

If you have working setting could you upload it too? I wanna give it a try.

Thanks and regards.
Attached Files
File Type: txt microsquirt201902090752WUEadjust7.msq.txt (15.6 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by Skelethorn; 04-08-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #117

Very interesting, about the oxygen probe, after doing the gas adjustment, did you connect it again? Does not it give you problems when it automatically adjusts with the measurement of the probe? I have an acquaintance who did not manage to make it work that way.

The gasoline return connection is fine, I did the same in the fuel tank.

Unfortunately I have almost no changes to my file, since I have not been able to test my engine (problems of space and time), in addition, my file would not serve you since it is 2 stroke.

Pity that @Lucas@Air_Lift is not, among the 3 we could help each other better.

Thank you so much for everything! regards

-------

Muy interesante, sobre la sonda de oxígeno, después de hacer el ajuste de la gasolina, ¿Lo conectaste de nuevo? ¿No te da problemas cuando se ajusta automáticamente con la medición de la sonda? Tengo un conocido que no consiguió hacerla funcionar de esa manera.

La conexión de retorno de la gasolina está bien, yo hice lo mismo en el depósito de combustible.

Desgraciadamente no tengo casi modificaciones en mi archivo, ya que no he podido probar mi motor (problemas de espacio y tiempo), además, mi archivo no te serviría ya que es de 2 stroke.

Lástima que Lucas no esté, entre los 3 podríamos ayudarnos mejor.

Muchas gracias por todo! Saludos

Old 07-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #118

I didnt connect the oxygen sensor because it will make my battery drop below 12V. That will cause electric starter cant work.

I tried to remove only heater wire to the sensor but it will cause no O2 reading in the software. Next i will make a switch for that and set ego control active at above idle rpm.

At first it give me problem when it auto adjust the fuel, but after i lower the controller authority then it works fine.

Im thinking about to use 2 injector system for my 4 stroke bike. 1 for fuel economy and other for power jet at high rpm. Maybe next time.

Thanks and regards

Old 08-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #119

Hi, Does anyone run this efi kit with gy6 150cc ? my fuel pump issue is solved by set pump factor to 99 ( special thank to Eligius ) but still have not proper VE table. How can I get correct base map? I'm really new to this software.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #120

Quote:
I didnt connect the oxygen sensor because it will make my battery drop below 12V. That will cause electric starter cant work.

I tried to remove only heater wire to the sensor but it will cause no O2 reading in the software. Next i will make a switch for that and set ego control active at above idle rpm.

At first it give me problem when it auto adjust the fuel, but after i lower the controller authority then it works fine.

Im thinking about to use 2 injector system for my 4 stroke bike. 1 for fuel economy and other for power jet at high rpm. Maybe next time.

Thanks and regards
Hola Skelethorn,

Tienes problemas para cargar la batería?

Puedes poner un conector de carga externo y cargarlo con un cargador de baterias cada semana, para hacer pruebas.

Esperamos más avances tuyos!

Una de mis ideas para 2 stroke es usar 2 inyectores para tu misma función.

Saludos y gracias!

------------------------

Hi Skelethorn,

Having trouble charging the battery?

You can put an external charging connector and charge it with a battery charger every week, for testing.

We expect more progress from you!

One of my ideas for 2 stroke is to use 2 injectors for your same function.

Greetings and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-3d View Post
Hi, Does anyone run this efi kit with gy6 150cc ? my fuel pump issue is solved by set pump factor to 99 ( special thank to Eligius ) but still have not proper VE table. How can I get correct base map? I'm really new to this software.
Hola s-3d,

Estoy contento de ayudarte, pero no tengo muchas ideas más para hacerlo. Hace mucho que no uso el programa y no recuerdo mucho. La GY6 se usa mucho en Asia, has mirado los foros de allí?

Saludos

--------------

Hi S-3d,

I'm glad to help you, but I don't have many more ideas to do it. I haven't used the program for a long time and I don't remember much. The GY6 is used a lot in Asia, have you looked at the forums there?

Regards