Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2022, 10:04 PM   #1

First time muddin

I have her half together with the various mods and repairs, but decided to go find the trails today. Shredded through some really deep curves and drop offs that unfortunately, were full of some really nasty deep and thick mud and water lol. She went through it like nothing though and I was able to maintain quite a bit of speed slicing right through the stuff or skiing across it.
Finally I spit out behind the new Dollar General, which is where I suspected I was heading, hit a donut and just as she was about to roll over on me, let go to fly off and land painlessly on my ass lol.
Then I found the local radar sign and ripped by wide open clocked at 45mph.

Finally, I went to the beach, started shredding donuts, then went to shoot up this ultra steep hill. Unfortunately I did an end over end roll down the hill, and all the time in the gym has paid off lol. The 400lbs plus some upward momentum before coming straight back down on top of me, but it wasn't difficult to catch her weight with my arms and legs and just do an end over end flip with it before going on my back for the second time as she came to try to crush me again, and just flipped her right off of me and back onto 4 wheels.
Grabbed my phone out of the grass, fired her back up, shredded some crazy donuts and went tearing home to shower off the rancid "swamp mud" lol

No damage but the muffler popped off losing a gasket and a piece of chain that was holding it to the pipe. That will go back on tomorrow and I will finish patching up the rear fenders to go back on too. After buying some "amazing" baja flood lights of Amazon, I finally modded the POS bracket system and will get those on soon too. They sure are some high end looking lights, they're bright AF and the price a bargain, but the mounting brackets just utter trash. I have blinkers, a new brake light with blinkers in it as well, a speedometer with tack and accessory indicators, and will install a bluetooth stereo on it soon as well.

I still think with the fine adjustments I have planned and the straight pipe insert I will finish over the next couple days, I can add at least 10 more mph to top speed on a flat surface. This has truly turned out to be the greatest present I have ever bought myself, other than my first electric guitar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220728_211005.jpg (131.0 KB, 65 views)