Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #1

RX3 Power down at high speed, 40mpg

Just a month ago I was running 80mph indicated on flat and level ground, and easily powering up hills on the interstate without dropping below 75. Yesterday I took the bike out, and I could barely maintain 70 up that hill, and 75 was my max speed on straight and level ground. I have a 13T countershaft sprocket so I used to be able to bury the tach deep into the redline on the highway. Not so much yesterday.

I'm also getting 40mpg, no matter how I ride the bike. My speedometer has been recalibrated so it's actually accurate, which did bring my gas mileage down... but it was getting 55mpg not too long ago.

Now, it was a lot colder recently than it was last month, but generally bikes run better in colder weather, not worse.

Power doesn't seem down anywhere else, but top end is definitely anemic now. It's also started stalling on really cold days until it's fully warmed up. It had stopped doing that after a valve adjustment, but it's doing it again... hard to think I need another valve adjustment in 1200 miles...

Thoughts? I'm going to run a compression test today and check my fuel pressure. Down on power and 40mpg is a real drag.

Charles.