Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2020, 03:58 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
That's not a cafe racer, in fact that's a far cry from a cafe racer.

This is a cafe racer:

Attachment 20483
Attachment 20484

I wonder why companies love to sell "cafe racer" when it is a non factory stripped motorcycle to the minimal
That is a scrambler style bike as franque mentioned; café racer is the style of bike that young men raced from café to café in a part of London back in the 1960s. They looked a lot like the SG250.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Café_racer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cafe.jpg (13.7 KB, 173 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
That's not a cafe racer, in fact that's a far cry from a cafe racer.
I wonder why companies love to sell "cafe racer" when it is a non factory stripped motorcycle to the minimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Looks more like a scrambler to me, it lacks clip-ons and rearsets.
It's actually a Roadster! (aka Standard)
Not a Scrambler but could be transformed! I'd love a skid plate and higher exhaust. The Janus Gryffin 250 is an example of a Scrambler that the SG250 could be a more affordable version of...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_motorcycles

Old 10-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #93

My reference is to the photo that Wild Dog posted. I wasn't saying that the SG is a scrambler, obviously not.

And maybe I should've added "and knobby tires" so that it was clear what I was referring to.

Old 10-07-2020, 11:55 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
My reference is to the photo that Wild Dog posted. I wasn't saying that the SG is a scrambler, obviously not.

And maybe I should've added "and knobby tires" so that it was clear what I was referring to.
I may add knobbies to mine.

Old 07-30-2022, 04:02 PM   #95

Brick on the way

Just ordered an SG250 yesterday. In red (Brick). I have had 2 TT250's and I have a bunch of sprockets left after selling both. The front will no doubt fit the countershaft. Will the rear sprockets from a TT ft the rear hub on an SG? Does anyone know the stock gearing on the SG? I'll want to gear taller, not for more top speed per-se, but to reduce revs at speed.

m

Old 07-30-2022, 04:43 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Around these parts your drum brakes will catch fire if your not careful riding down the 7,000 foot change in altitude within in a short period of time... mountain riding/driving can be hell on even the best braking systems...

Please CSC... NO DRUM BRAKES! Get rid of that junk and you will have (at least) one more sale
Not to mention it being a carby. Can't jet for a 7000 foot range.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 07-31-2022, 01:42 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
Will the rear sprockets from a TT ft the rear hub on an SG? Does anyone know the stock gearing on the SG? I'll want to gear taller, not for more top speed per-se, but to reduce revs at speed.

m
Good question. I just did a web search and came up with nothing conclusive. I do see the SG250 has a rear disk now instead of the original drum. Not sure when that was upgraded. My uneducated guess would be that if the SG has a four holer sprocket, it may fit. I can't see Zong doing a lot of one-off parts making, if what they have already works.
Keep us posted on what you find. BTW, just read your signature. After all this time, I didn't realize that we had a real live racer in our midst!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-05-2022, 10:11 PM   #98

Doh! K&N compatible air filter for sg250

Anyone know which k&n air filter is compatible for the sg250? Also, there is a website that sells aftermarket performance parts for these bikes now. It's called motocultparts.com. They have upgraded cams and cylinders bore kits, etc. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:44 PM   #99

Got my first ride on my new SG250 today

Got my first ride on my new SG250 today. Boy is this thing geared tight. I already bought a 16 countershaft sprocket and a brand new 120 link chain knowing from my 2 TT250's how important taller gearing is on these motors. Chain and sprocket will go on tomorrow. The gearing, together with "break in" instructions, had me limiting my speed to 45mph (about 4500 rpm). Not sat.
I see the handle bars are of the tapered design. 7/8"/22mm at the grips, fatter in the middle. I have some like this sitting on my shelf. Does anyone know the diameter of the fat part in the center?

Old 08-09-2022, 11:20 PM   #100

1 1/8" handlebar. Make sure you get one for motorcycles, because they make the same size for bicycles too. Their normally a little thinner metal.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:34 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Good question. I just did a web search and came up with nothing conclusive. I do see the SG250 has a rear disk now instead of the original drum. Not sure when that was upgraded. My uneducated guess would be that if the SG has a four holer sprocket, it may fit. I can't see Zong doing a lot of one-off parts making, if what they have already works.
Keep us posted on what you find. BTW, just read your signature. After all this time, I didn't realize that we had a real live racer in our midst!
Interestingly enough while I didn't get dimensions of the various holes and hole to hole distances. The sprocket is dished but the dish goes the other way it moves the chain towards the centerline

Old 08-10-2022, 01:56 PM   #102

Anyone know where i can find engine frame sliders of aftermarket accessories for the SG250? Im brand new to riding and know im going to drop this thing

Old 08-14-2022, 01:16 AM   #103

looking for performance upgrades for sg250

Hello,
I have a 2021 csc sg250. My warranty is expired so I am looking to do some simple performance upgrades now. I want to start with a jet kit and pod filter. This is my first bike and I don't know what to look for to get the pod filter. I'm guessing that I need the size of the intake side of the carb in millimeters? And I measure the outside diameter or inside diameter? If anyone here knows of specific specs or pod filter manufacturers, I would also appreciate that.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:51 PM   #104

I've had my SG250 since January of this year. It's been quite perfect for getting around the city. One issue I've had is that the potholes and terrible quality of the roads have caused the side mirrors to literally fall off due to micro fissures in the very cheap fiberglass. Going to upgrade the 10mm mirrors with metal here soon. Also, I laid it down a few weeks ago, and the led shattered inside the lantern. So, I got a few upgrades/repairs in store.

I wanted to ask if anyone had upgraded either the carburetor or the front gear and found that this increases their speed? I've only seen TT250 talk about it. What about for the SG250? I top out at 72 mph, but would love to cruise at 72 mph.

Old 10-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyr555 View Post
I wanted to ask if anyone had upgraded either the carburetor or the front gear and found that this increases their speed? I've only seen TT250 talk about it. What about for the SG250? I top out at 72 mph, but would love to cruise at 72 mph.
Go to either a 16 or 17 tooth front sprocket. Will also require a 120 link chain vs the stock 118. I like my 17, but first gear might be a bit tall for some.