Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #31

There's an entire racing class online that is dedicated to the Honda clone motors, and the Honda parts that can be used to upgrade them

Check before you go to HF; they have some restrictions on the 20% off coupon (welders fro example).

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
There's an entire racing class online that is dedicated to the Honda clone motors, and the Honda parts that can be used to upgrade them...
If you have one, please do share a link to that website.
Quote:
...Check before you go to HF; they have some restrictions on the 20% off coupon (welders fro example).
Thanks for the tip! 8O I never read the "fine print" on the 20% off coupons! :roll:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #33

With another 20% off would be a steal but even at $469 I'd be happy.

I hope to get some stuff done on it this weekend like repair the exhaust and clean up the wiring and replace all the burned out bulbs.

The front suspension had air bags in the coils that are blown and I'd like those replaced or atleast removed.

I'll try to take pictures as I work on it.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #34

If you have time, please do take photos, TC.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
There's an entire racing class online that is dedicated to the Honda clone motors, and the Honda parts that can be used to upgrade them...
If you have one, please do share a link to that website.
I don't have a link to the specific website I had in mind, but a quick Google search for GX200 clone will get you started. This site is more about racing, but it gives some good reliability tips also: GX200 Performance Basics

I'm sure that TC is more interested in making a GX200 clone quiet, so I'd choose a stock Honda muffler: MUFFLER (Honda Code 4743100), fits GX200 engine

I would also ensure that the carb jets match the Honda GX200 stock setup. I bet it would be easy to start, quiet like a Honda and very reliable. Of course, all of this presumes that the generator TC is considering has a GX200 clone.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #36

As always, thank you for providing the good information, Weld. I am completely unfamiliar with these generators, and the Honda GX200 engine, so I am enjoying learning more about these subjects.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #37

I dont think a cx200 powered or similar generator will have the capacity I need.

I need to have 4000 watts minumum.

Or well I need to fix the exhaust leak and after messing with it today my second worst fear is realized and I have to remove the header to replace the gasket.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:18 AM   #38

If you have to remove the header (and you're lucky enough to get all the bolts out), try studs instead of bolts. The load on the fastener is much better, and you won't be as likely to break 'em off in the future.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:19 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
As always, thank you for providing the good information, Weld. I am completely unfamiliar with these generators, and the Honda GX200 engine, so I am enjoying learning more about these subjects.

Spud
You're welcome.

Those little engines are real workhorses, and like Stew said, they'll accept Honda GX200 parts.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:19 AM   #40

I'm going to try to get the manifold off sunday but I'll have to jack it up and pull the tire and hopefully then be able to get in there at it.

I dont expect it to be easy but I do like the stud idea instead of the bolts either way it wll need new bolts.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #41

There isn't a doghouse that gives you decent access from the driver's seat?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #42

It has a dog house but the bolts are facing down and difficult to get a good leveraged position on.

With the tire off I should be looking straight on at the bolts just over the frame rail

Old 10-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #43

OK so I got it jacked up and supported on a thick steel plate on the ground and two 3 ton jack stands as well as two 12 ton bottle jacks.

Got the tire off and snapped this picture.

Much easier to go in from the side.

Pictue from the top.

Pictures of the nasty battery tray.(will be painted when I get time)

As of right now I have a whopping ONE bolt out and am building air in my tanks and have the bolts soaked down with PB (as if that will help :roll: )

Old 10-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #44

So around 4-4:30 I got the last bolt out, no broken bolts and I'm excited about getting it back together next week.
The manifold is a bit rough but I think it will clean up and be fine with a new gasket.

Took a picture of what I'm using to lift it off the ground while working on it.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #45

Wow! If you got all those exhaust manifold bolts out without breaking any I would go out and buy a lottery ticket! I'm usually lucky if a couple will come out and the rest break. I think the penetrating oil is the key.