Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #31

view.
The $18.50 ones I ordered come from China just like the ones you sell. So what if they ship from China? Some items I order from China come quicker than the some US shipped items and some come slower.
I'll post a video when I get mine and we can compare.

Here is a Mini DVR Sunglasses Camcorder Video 1280x960 HD Camera for $32.60 USD free shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DVR-Sunglas...item3a6093d374

Add a 2GB Micro with adapter for $7.85 USD shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sandisk-2GB-Micr...item27b4bb4656

Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #32

nope go back and read again, thats the digital res 1280/960, further down the page it says

8)、Support 30 fps for 640 * 480

is the same at the 18 dollar ones you got.

your right about not mattering where shipped from, however if you get them and no good, you are probably looking at a very long wait to get them fixed or replaced. All i meant is that ours come Canada post expidited, ship fairly quickly and with tracking number and insured.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #33

view,
I usually get tracking numbers and insurance from my China shippers.
EBAY and PayPal have always got supplier issues corrected for me.

I'm not sure that HD is necessary for the kind of video you will get with these cameras. Your demo video illustrates that point.

BTW, I don't see many specifications on your web site so it's kinda hard to compare.

How about these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Spy-Sunglasses-H...item19c116efea

Old 12-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #34

Re: New Video Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIEW
Hi All:
First off, thanks Stew, got your order, hope to start shipping Thursday, sorry about the delay but they are in transit, and they will be worth the wait. Lol, tell your wife you want a pair too and I can ship em to her at the office. Think you will be impressed, hope you write me a good review!
Oh, and please take the safety film OFF the glasses when u get them, so far that is the only complaint I have received was a couple of emails saying they couldnt see thru them hehe.

These are HI DEF, lol, not close but there, 1280/720P, updated audio codes, anti shake feature and a bunch of new stuff. As far as I know am the first one bringing these in, and the only one offering the extra lens pack. Also, these new ones have a rubberized frame, not the standard hard black one that the other model had.

THose 18 dollar ones you mentioned are: only 640/480, which is NOT hi def, and even lower res that the other model we had, ciome with NO memory card and ship from somewhere outside north america, you can have within a month lol. Good luck with those, we bought a pair early on,never worked. Thats part of why we started this business, to be able to get the product we wanted.

FYI, they have a 30 days replacement guarentee, and a 1 year repair policy, as long as was a defect in the product and not the user (dropping them off the bike doesnt count).

As to the full face helmet, sorry, havent tried them myself, wear a shorty, but have had a few other customers that bought them that wore full helmets and didnt hear anything back. Do your normal sunglasses fit under? If so, they should. And with the new combo pack you get a selection of 5 colours of lens, they come with smoke and you also get black, red, yellow and clear, so should be able to use them anytime of day (and look cool too).

Hope this answers everybodys questions so far, hopefully Stew should have his late next week or early the following one, still in time for Christmas orders if he likes them. And Stew, if you want to try them out, just download the test and reformat the card, he will never know!

Have a great day all!
VIEW
Sharon
Thank you Sharon, looking forward to getting them. My son has a small video camera from Walmart, I think it's called a Flip or something? If I recall correctly it cost about $50, takes about $12 worth of triple A batteries and takes horrible video. He likes to make video game walkthroughs and then post them on Youtube for his friends so I think this will be perfect. Plus I can borrow it once in a while . Looking forward to taking some bike vids next summer. Thank you for the response and take care.

Cheers,
Stew

Edit: I checked my son's camera and had the name wrong. It's a Coby Snapp video camera. 1.3 megapixel and 640X480 resolution... The video it produces could only be described as mediocre at best, almost like webcam video. I think I had the Flip name in my head because that's the one I was going to get him but it was too expensive at the time.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #35

Hi:

Sorry, thats the DIGITAL res they are quoting, if you read down to video, its the 640 again.

These new ones come with auto light adjust ment and video stabilization as well.

My Product Specs:

-sunglasses mini DVR camera recorder with 1280X720P HD video recording resolution.
- Real hardware decoding, 1280*720P, 30fps.
- 3 mega pixels pinhole CMOS hidden camera hardware resolution
- Video Stabilization: Hand shake compensation during video capture.
-Motion detection stabilization
- Noise Removal and High ISO: 1). Advanced filter to smooth noisy area. -- High ISO implementation to reduce hand shake blur for Clear Image 3). ISO 1600-3200.
-. Advanced Audio Codec: 16 bit data sample.
-High speed recording and quick light respond
-Lighting Adjustment: 1). Automatic histogram analysis. 2). Increase low tone detail and reserve high tone. 3). Make better image under strong backlight.
- USB 2.0 high speed.
-will take micro SD card UP to 32GB
- USB faucet to software framework update.
- 12 mega pixel snapshot function/3 piece continuous snapshooting /JPG format(4623*2600pixels)

But please, let Stew get his and give his report. A happy customer is always the best reference!

Looking forward to the report!
And we always look forward to people posting their video on our Facebook page! Just click thru the LIKE button on our website.
(keep it clean tho, lol, its a family site, hope to see some nice bike shots/rides on there in the coming months!)

VIEW
Sharon

Old 12-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #36

Barnone:

Looking at the specs I would concur with Sharon that the eBay links you provided are fooling you by providing the still image resolution and calling it "HD" ..as further down the spec range they are quoting old SD DVD quality video as the true video recording mode. The spec they provide for video resolution makes zippo sense in the world of video. In fact a video camera capable of HD video should produce a much higher resolution in still images. VIEW is claiming a 12 mp still shot.

I did bring this fact up in the beginning of this thread on VIEW's original glasses, which she now says have been updated. (SD v. HD)

VIEW:
I am curious as to the video format the glasses produce. Is it .avi, .mov, .mp4 or .3gp?

Thanks,
-TT

Old 12-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #37

From the seller of the HD video sunglasses on EBAY.

"Dear skeekah, (aka barnone)

hi,
yes,this is 1280x960 video,thank you!

- jornson2009"

Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #38

Thank you Turbo, Im not a techie, but my partner is, and even we got turned around by and ended up with the wrong product the first go round, saw the 720 and tho we had specified HI DEF to the supplier, we in fact go 720/480 SD. After REALLY going through the specs, which are sometimes very confusing, we went back to the manufactuer and corrected the problem. And one thing i did learn was ratios, lol, video doesnt end in 960

Check out HD Video Definition on Wikipedia, it is very informing.
Direct quote from their site:
"In the United States, 720p is the preferred format for Fox, ABC, A&E Television Networks, Ion Television, Directv's The 101 Network, and Epix (TV network).

You guys are really sending me on a learning curve, lol.

Anyway, to answer your question Turbo, the video format is .avi

And thanks for keeping me honest and on my toes guys!

I want to run my business old school, honest and respect my customers and their concerns!

Great day all!

View
Sharon

Old 12-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #39

I like your style Sharon. I'm looking forward to Stew's review.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
From the seller of the HD video sunglasses on EBAY.

"Dear skeekah, (aka barnone)

hi,
yes,this is 1280x960 video,thank you!

- jornson2009"
With respect, he is full of BS. That is not a proper video resolution.

Last number must end like this:
420 (old style)
480 (progressive scan dvd player)
720 (HD Network TV resolution)
1080 (Blu Ray Resolution)

The first number would depend on the display capabilities and usually correlates to the last. For Example: It is not possible to have a 1980x480 resolution. It is usually 1980x1080, 1280x720, 640x480 etc.

Some newer 1080p plasma screen were capable of 1280x1080p.

The only thing they could be quoting is how big the box of video shows up on your screen as. When you embed youtube videos into web sites, you can adjust the size of the box it displays.(width v height) You can edit the code to show the video box into any size rectangle you want, and adjust those two numbers anyway you want. It does not change the native video resolution one bit though, just streches it out. I have pasted sample code so you see what I mean.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TKK9A6dPmAs?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I've dealt with enough chinese electronics manufacturers in my life to know you need to be super careful with them. He either does not know the difference either and is believing the spec from the factory, or he's just telling you what you want to hear to make the sale, and then claim "I did not understand" when it comes time to complain. I once asked for a sample of a cell phone, made under North American GSM standards, to let Best Buy test it. (They wanted to buy it) Cell phones in Asia and Europe run under a different MHZ bandwidth. The factory told me it was a quad band phone and would work, we paid and they sent it. When it got here it would not work with the sim card, and when I inquired, I was told if I wanted it to work here I would have to order 10,000 of them. Told one thing, get the sale, then change it after it's paid for.

Needless to say, Best Buy could've bought 100,000 of them, but they wanted one working one before making a decision. Another dead deal out of closed minded thinking.

I still have that damn thing in my drawer...and it's still a cool phone. When I brought it to Rogers for a sim card, the girl at the counter wanted to buy it. It was an early touch screen, and the screen actually flipped open and behind it was a mirror. I think every girl would want it for that reason.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #41

I received my $18 video sun glasses in the mail today from China. I charged them via the USB port on my netbook and shot some video. Turned out pretty good but they will not fit when I am wearing one of my full face helmets.

Actually I think that they might only fit if you are wearing a beanie type helmet, loose fitting helmet, or no helmet. Bummer since I always wear a proper fitting full face helmet.

Anyway I'll up load some video tonight or tomorrow so you can see the quality.

Might be able to sneak some video down at the beach.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 AM   #42

Quote:
Niiiiiiice.

I should've added in my post that, for the money, you'll be fine with the vid quality. ..other than it being a bit misrepresented.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #43

Quote:
I received my $18 video sun glasses in the mail today from China. I charged them via the USB port on my netbook and shot some video. Turned out pretty good but they will not fit when I am wearing one of my full face helmets.

Actually I think that they might only fit if you are wearing a beanie type helmet, loose fitting helmet, or no helmet. Bummer since I always wear a proper fitting full face helmet.

Anyway I'll up load some video tonight or tomorrow so you can see the quality.

They don't fit in a full face helmet? Darn, that's what I wear all the time too. You got yours a lot quicker from China, according to the tracking on my parcel, it's still in Ontario...

Cheers,
Stew

Old 12-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Niiiiiiice.

I should've added in my post that, for the money, you'll be fine with the vid quality. ..other than it being a bit misrepresented.
The $18 ones that I got were not misrepresented. If you go back and read through the thread the one you claimed were misrepresented were a different pair that claimed to be HD.
Neither me or the vendor of the $18 vdeo glasses claimed HD quality and why you need HD for these video glasses is beyond me anyway.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #45

My video is at

I am a novice at video so maybe it's me. but for now I say save your money.