Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2020, 08:15 PM   #1

Doh! Hawk 250 carb flooding troubleshooting

I made a post before a out trouble starting and trying to tune the carb right. Right now the mods ive done( straight out of rhe box: airbox mod, mikuni carb and jet upgrade(110 main, 40pilot), ebay exhaust.

I adjusted the valves correctly. I can get the bike to start now, the problem is that the carbs flood. Out of everywhere like gas just leaks out of every orifice of the carb it seems. People would say stuck float valve, its a brand new carb but I changed the float needle anyways. Not sure what else to do.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:31 PM   #2

Update: fixed it. I’m a dummy and in my rush I hooked the carb drain tube up to the petcock. Switched the tubes around and all is well.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeward617 View Post
Update: fixed it. I’m a dummy and in my rush I hooked the carb drain tube up to the petcock. Switched the tubes around and all is well.
Shit happens

Old 07-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #4

When I was re jetting my VM26 clone I may have put the Clip in the throttle piston under the needle e-cip..... hey not like I rejet carbs often... or like ever... I know a $@#$ ton now though

all about the Tao MotorsTBR7
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25553

Old 07-15-2020, 01:33 AM   #5

It happens.

When I took my carb off of my TT250 the first time, I accidentally hooked the fuel line up to the evap port on the carb. It actually ran and rode as a sort of primitive fuel injection.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:02 AM   #6

WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChairman View Post
It happens.

When I took my carb off of my TT250 the first time, I accidentally hooked the fuel line up to the evap port on the carb. It actually ran and rode as a sort of primitive fuel injection.
this definitely get style points for ingenuity and inventiveness.....

all about the Tao MotorsTBR7
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25553

Old 02-02-2021, 09:59 PM   #7

Head Scratching MYK VM26 carburetor Hawk 2015

I had some float needle problems with the original Hawk carburetor after years of trouble free use (air box mod, original exhaust). I decided to get the Mikuni China knock-off MYK VM26 (amazon ). It came with 103 main and 33 pilot jets. I changed the main to 110, and moved the throttle needle clip from 3 to 4 down from top (Mikuni jets worked) but I've had no luck finding the long pilot jet (32mm long, emailed pic to jetsRus - can't help you). The bike seems to run fine now (it's winter here in Oregon/ at sea level). I have the air/fuel mix needle set at 1-1/4 out (needle is in front of bowl away from air box). I may need a 25 or 27.5 come summer or for a trip to elevation. Anyone else have experience either tuning these or finding pilot jets?

Old 02-03-2021, 06:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeward617 View Post
I made a post before a out trouble starting and trying to tune the carb right. Right now the mods ive done( straight out of rhe box: airbox mod, mikuni carb and jet upgrade(110 main, 40pilot), ebay exhaust.

I adjusted the valves correctly. I can get the bike to start now, the problem is that the carbs flood. Out of everywhere like gas just leaks out of every orifice of the carb it seems. People would say stuck float valve, its a brand new carb but I changed the float needle anyways. Not sure what else to do.
By "air box" mod do you just mean cutting the top of the stock airbox in half?

Tags
carb issues, hawk, hawk250, trouble running