Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2023, 06:00 AM   #1

Aftermarket Upgrades for Raven

Hey everyone... New here. I just ordered a Raven and should be here in about a week or so. I will be assembling it myself. After some research, I plan on replacing the carb, the exhaust, and the sprockets. I figured I would do this while I am assembling it when it arrives to save time and since it will already be apart. I wanted to have everything ordered and at my place before the bike arrives. Every time I go searching for Raven parts, everything pops up for the Hawk. My question is... Are the aftermarket parts that can be used for the Hawk able to be used with the Raven as well? Thanks for any replies and thanks for having me here.

-C

Old 10-14-2023, 02:05 PM   #2

Crucible679
I was watching to see the massive amount of info that was going to be shared....oh well.. im a new forum joiner.. BPS Raven 250.. NE OK. I did add a USB port with an on off switch for USB and USB c. I added a HF hard case to rear sandwiced between two pieces of plastic cutting board. In case I have a front and rear tube. Tool bag. Rags. Chain lube. Paperwork.. my opinion is the odometer is km. Mounted an old unused unserviced android phone to bar and have a GPS speed app that works wthout cell or wifi to get a better speed reading. I love the bike so far.. had to check tightness on every fastener. I am 6'2" 240 lbs andfit OK.. however, health, joint issues make a 3 hour ride painful. I assume parts for CG 250 will fit engine and gearcase.

Old 10-21-2023, 09:10 PM   #3

Surprised no one has replied to this, I just googled the Raven, never heard of it before today but it appears to just be another version of the Hawk 250 with some slightly different stock parts here and there, I'd bet it uses all the same parts the Hawk does.

Old 10-22-2023, 08:55 AM   #4

Welcome Aboard! The Raven is very similar to the Hawk so most of the mods for the Hawk will work. Look through the sticky at the top of this section. Hawk Resource guide
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-22-2023, 12:55 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. Yes I assumed it is mostly the same as the Hawk. Decal, handlebar, tire, differences possible. I purchased because the cost of fuel to drive to Texas and pick a bike up was about the same as paying for an assembled one in Grove, OK from the Vitacci Raven dealer. One thing I do like about the Raven is a switch to turn the headlight off completey. Not sure if the Hawk has that. Raven also has no handlebar crosspiece, which is weaker I assume but I thought it would allo for.mounting a phone more easily. With my weight, I can get the bike to 62mph with stock carb with stock adjustments. Nowdays I prefer the slower pace that the bike provides.

Old 10-23-2023, 10:52 AM   #6

The Raven is made by Bashan, right? Isn't it just the BSR250 they've been making forever, just rebranded?

If so, it's mechanically identical to the Hawk. I have one, everything that fits the Hawk fits it as well. The major difference (or at least it was, back when I bought mine) is that the Bashan is 49 state street legal and the Hawk is one of those "for off road use" bikes that get by on the technicality that some states will plate a dirt bike with a headlight and blinkers.

My state is NOT one of those states, so I bought the Bashan instead. You may have also inadvertently made the right choice there, but I don't know how strict Oklahoma is.

Old 11-26-2023, 05:50 AM   #7

I bought 2 from the guy in Groove, OK. 1 for me and 1 for my son. They are good bikes, my son just needs to learn how to keep it upright. I'm waiting on a couple of 42T rear sprockets because we live in a little town and all the roads out are 65mph. This is the smallest dual-purpose I've owned , all the others were 650's. I like how light this is compared to the others I've had.

Old 11-29-2023, 04:53 PM   #8

look guys.. Hawks are NOT the same as Ravens. In fact, in the wild, Hawks eat Ravens. Just saying.

Old 11-29-2023, 05:38 PM   #9

Zapkin you tell,city folks.

Tags
aftermarket, hawk, parts, raven