Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2021, 01:27 PM   #1

Carb trouble

Hey everyone,

I recently put a pz30 carb in my tt250. The idle is around 1800 and it sounds good, but as soon as I put it into first gear and try to go it will bog out and die. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Old 03-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #2

I see that this is your first post here, and I have no idea how much experience,if any you have driving a car,or motorcycle, so forgive me if you already know this, but you need to work the throttle and keep the revs up as you take off.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:52 PM   #3

Folks are going to need more information to troubleshoot. Is it a new carburetor or used? What jets are in the carburetor pilot and main. How many turns out do you have the mixture screw...i.e. 1, 1.5, 2 turns. Does the carburetor have an adjustable needle? Did the carburetor you replaced work okay? Any issues with the engine mechanical functioning?

Old 03-22-2021, 05:47 PM   #4

It’s a brand new carburetor. I’m not sure what jets are in I just kept what they came with. The mixture screw is 2 turns and the needle is second from the top. It’s a new bike and was running perfect before I changed the carb out. The old one still works fine

Old 03-22-2021, 06:40 PM   #5

If it idles really good, consistent you must be close on the pilot. The first and easiest to try is raise the needle by going down a slot, towards the point, a slot at a time and see how that affects it. That will richen up the mixture. If that doesn't work I would take it apart and look at the pilot and main jets. The issue lies in the pilot circuit, pilot jet size, or idle mixture adjustment, needle position. Normally a stock motor will use a 40 pilot.

Last edited by China Rider 27; 03-22-2021 at 06:52 PM. Reason: addition