Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #1

Information for anyone interested in doing a Brozz / Hawk wheel swap

Just a note for anyone who might be interested. The rear wheels on the hawk and Brozz can be swapped with each other, the fronts can not because the hub with is much wider on the Brozz than it is on the hawk. I will have to see if I can get a 21" front wheel for the Brozz that is the right width. They probably weren't compatible because of the inverted fork setup on the Brozz and regular forks on the hawk. Also wanted to let anybody know that the stock digital speedometer on the 2020 Brozz is reading 5 miles an hour to fast. It reads 50 when it should be reading 45. I think with the 21-inch wheel it would change to be accurate. Also to do the swap on the rear wheel you have to swap the chains also because the sprocket is larger on the hawk then it is on the Brozz. You also have to swap the bracket that holds the rear caliper. let me know if anyone knows where I can get a 21-inch front wheel that is the correct width for the brozz

Old 03-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #2

But what would be the benefit? The Brozz swingarm is higher quality than the Hawk, but the rim is still cheap China junk. And the only cure for the front rim on any of these bikes is relacing a Japanese or aftermarket rim like Tusk etc.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 03-21-2020, 09:27 PM   #3

Hawk rear wheel with Brozz swing arm = Hawk wheel, brozz left side axle spacer, Hawk or Brozz right side spacer/caliper bracket, Brozz axle and adjusters.

I know because I have done so. I even posted pictures of it on a thread here somewhere.

As far as the front wheels go. If you have the standard Brozz front end, the Hawk wheel and brakes interchange (as do the forks). Inverted, no. If you have an inverted fork front end on your brozz you would likely have a lot more luck with a TT250 front wheel. The hubs on the inverted forks, as you found out, are different.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMountianHawk View Post
Just a note for anyone who might be interested. The rear wheels on the hawk and Brozz can be swapped with each other, the fronts can not because the hub with is much wider on the Brozz than it is on the hawk. I will have to see if I can get a 21" front wheel for the Brozz that is the right width. They probably weren't compatible because of the inverted fork setup on the Brozz and regular forks on the hawk. Also wanted to let anybody know that the stock digital speedometer on the 2020 Brozz is reading 5 miles an hour to fast. It reads 50 when it should be reading 45. I think with the 21-inch wheel it would change to be accurate. Also to do the swap on the rear wheel you have to swap the chains also because the sprocket is larger on the hawk then it is on the Brozz. You also have to swap the bracket that holds the rear caliper. let me know if anyone knows where I can get a 21-inch front wheel that is the correct width for the brozz
HMH, have you pursued this any further? I would like to change as well for the wider choice of more aggressive tires.