Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: inverted forks
yes 9 69.23%
no 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #1

ROKETA, which one and is a dealer in MN? inverted forks?

Being bored with winter, I am planning my summer...
I have noticed these Chinese bikes:
200CC ROKETA DB-07A DIRT BIKE
200cc Roketa DB-07 Dirt Bike

They appear popular. I was considering www.motorxtremes.com's Hi-birds, but these appear better.

Are they overhead cam?
Who should I buy them from? Online there is www.xxx-motorsports.com

Which is better, inverted forks or regular forks? I've never ridden a bike with inverted forks.

how do inverted forks ride?
Can I license them in MN?
Should I wait until spring to purchase these?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #2

Little help from me.

I just ordered my DB-07A from xxx-motorsports on Christmas day, I had it Jan 4th! Very good communication to keep me updated on the process and I had a tracking number the next day (after they opened back up after Christmas).

Never rode a dirtbike before so I can't comment on the inverted forks.

I had no problem getting insurance on it through Geico, $26 for liability for 6 months of coverage.

I have not recieved the MSO yet, but has been processed and I should have it by end of next week, maybe.

I cna update you on the titling process here in NC then, not much help to you over there though.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 PM   #3

I had heard in the past that MN was a pain to register non-DOT bikes. Don't quote me on this, but you might want to make sure the bike is EPA/DOT certified before ordering. As said before, try to find a licensed dealer.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #4

Inverted forks will not do anything special (or even make a difference) for most people. Especially with non-adjustable setups like most of these china bikes I've looked at have.

My Hensim dirt bike has inverted, but I have not ridden a conventional forked bike for so long I can't tell you for certain that there's a difference. I know that in the motocross world I could notice the difference back in the late 80's when they started putting inverted forks on the bikes. But MX is a different beast with different demands on the suspension.

For just street and trail riding you will be fine with either.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #5

I didn't have a single problem when I went to register in SC. Make sure you have all your paperwork and MAKE SURE that NONE of it has For Off Road Use Only or Dirtbike on it. My MCO had MOTORCYCLE on it from Roketa.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #6

MN Reg.

MN does require DOT/EPA approval to register. I registered my Roketa DB-05 in Sept. with a MSO stating motorcycle and photos of two plates on the bike stating DOT/EPA approval. This was in the metro area, a local rural deputy registar may give a pass, but if St. Paul catches it, you may not get a title. Before I purchased my DB-05, I checked at Lakeville DMV, and even though the law doesn't mention DOT/EPA, they said it is needed.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy250
I didn't have a single problem when I went to register in SC. Make sure you have all your paperwork and MAKE SURE that NONE of it has For Off Road Use Only or Dirtbike on it. My MCO had MOTORCYCLE on it from Roketa.

Jason
That's semi good news for me here in NC! Waiting on my MSO now.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #8

Re: MN Reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45s19
Before I purchased my DB-05, I checked at Lakeville DMV, and even though the law doesn't mention DOT/EPA, they said it is needed.
It does mention it: http://www.dps.state.mn.us/dvs/Motor.../dvstitle.html
"Emission Certification: Title certificates issued after July 1, 1990, contain an emission declaration statement ... motorcycle classes. "

Before I read your email, I called xxx-motorsports and they said the DB-07s are not DOT/EPA. They said some older DB-04 and DB-05 were possilbly DOT/EPA (That's why you didn't have a problem). From my limited notion of law, I cannot see how a state can licence a non-EPA vehicle since the EPA is federal.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #9

In Iowa they have really cracked down on enduro registration and you have to buy from a dealer with a dealer # or no registration. No exceptions. Internet dealers are not considered dealers in Iowa......I had to pay an extra 300 and buy from a registered dealer. It was quite the process.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva2006
In Iowa they have really cracked down on enduro registration and you have to buy from a dealer with a dealer # or no registration. No exceptions. Internet dealers are not considered dealers in Iowa......I had to pay an extra 300 and buy from a registered dealer. It was quite the process.
I bet that you saved mucho time/headache and even hidden costs by paying the extra $300 than what you would have bought on Ebay.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva2006
A few days ago while searching around, there was a Chinese firm that listed the dealers, I forget which one. Most states had registered dealers. But for MN there was a star saying that MN didn't require it.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #12

I checked into it when I bought mine. In order to get a motorcycle registration/title in MN, the vehicle must be DOT/EPA approved, must fit the statutory definition of a motorcycle, and must have the required equipment for the street. If you buy directly from a vendor like I did, you will need the completed MSO or MCO and it must be signed over by the vendor to your name. You will also need a bill of sale. I went in with these things and had my plates in about 10 minutes. Title came later in the mail.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyjoe
I checked into it when I bought mine. In order to get a motorcycle registration/title in MN, the vehicle must be DOT/EPA approved, must fit the statutory definition of a motorcycle, and must have the required equipment for the street. If you buy directly from a vendor like I did, you will need the completed MSO or MCO and it must be signed over by the vendor to your name. You will also need a bill of sale. I went in with these things and had my plates in about 10 minutes. Title came later in the mail.
My research is confirming your statements. Lifan is the way to go. Who did you buy from? DOT/EPA approved is the federal law of the USA. So folks who are endangering their $$ with Roketa do so at their own risk.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #14

Mine is from T-motorsports. Good people, I think. The only problem I found with them is they don't have much of a warranty on the Lifans that they sell--it is 30 days parts only and doesn't cover the engine. I'm happy with the bike, though.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #15

Quote:
My research is confirming your statements. Lifan is the way to go. Who did you buy from? DOT/EPA approved is the federal law of the USA. So folks who are endangering their $$ with Roketa do so at their own risk.
I have no regrets.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)