Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #1

I'm off to see the Wizard! - Or at least what's in Phoenix...

Hello All! For those of you who know me, you'll know the story. For those of you who don't, I'm moving to Arizona in a few weeks with my (increasingly large) collection of motorcycles and new tiny human (my wife has indicated that she'd like to come, too ). So here's the short story: I have way too many parts and pieces that have come off of my motorcycles from the various upgrades and farkles I've done to them. I'm selling off all the stock parts, and the upgrades I've changed or removed. I'll try to put a comprehensive list together, but I'm sure I'll miss something and will have to keep updating. Make me an offer on the stuff and pay shipping, and I'll get it out to you pronto!

-Suzuki GSX-R Exhaust and Mid-Pipe kit for late model DR-650's (comes with a new exhaust gasket)
-Full stock Hawk Exhaust
-Stock Hawk Instrument Cluster and Speedo Cable
-Stock 2015 Suzuki DR-650 Speedo and Cable
-Stock 2015 Suzuki DR-650 Rear Spring (I was thinking of adapting this to the Hawk to make the rear suspension actually function)
-Stock DR-650 Front Springs (Set of two with original preload spacers, I replaced them with stiffer springs to accommodate the heavier 6.6 fuel tank and other mods on my DR)
-2016 Ural Gear-Up Stock Tractor Seat (Front and Rear are the same if you want to make a two-up tractor arrangement)
-120/90/17 Bridgestone Trailwing Rear Tire w/~40% tread left in center
-Stock front and rear sprockets for Hawk
-K&N Air Filter for Hawk (went with a pod-type in the end)
-Slightly used Bilt motorcycle cover with bag
-Stock Hawk gearshift leaver and front footpegs
-Factory intake assembly from a 1999 Mazda Miata

I'll continue to update the list as we pack up the garage and workshop. PM me if you're interested in anything. Thanks.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #2

Where Did We Get All This Stuff?!?!

So the Missus and i spent the weekend packing all the stuff we're not likely to need for the next six to eight weeks. We took four bags of stuff (mostly clothes and things we found stuffed in the back of closets) to the local Goodwill. We are really struggling to figure out how two thirty-somethings have managed to fill a three bedroom house with all this stuff!! It's going to be a lot tougher to keep our things slimmed down once Nugget gets here (She's due September 2nd, fingers crossed!).
That brings be to the reason I'm posting again in the classifieds section. If there is anybody that would like to walk my shop and have a look at some tools, spare parts, or just some of the interesting things I have on the shelves, please PM me and we can get together. I have a ton of mechanic/shop tools that are duplicates, so if you're missing anything in your set, I probably have it and would be happy to not have to drag it out to Arizona.
We have two quotes back from movers, and both of them are over $10K! We have another walkthrough scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic that it will be any cheaper. Looks like it's going to be a Uhaul move for us. In any event, I have pretty much everything you can possibly think of, so if there's something you need or would like to have, please PM me and we can get together. Thanks everyone!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #3

Whoa this is coming into a rough patch for both of you. A huge relocation and first child inthe next 2 months. Im pulling for you both. Hoping it's smooth sailing
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-23-2017, 10:28 PM   #4

Thanks, BlackBike! We'll get through it. Timing just was not on our side for this one. I was really worried about having to move our camper across the country with the Suburban (2002 with over 300K on the clock), however I found a solution that will allow me to tow the camper with the Uhaul.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...Safe/WS07.html

The balls on Uhauls are all welded 2" jobs. I need a 2 5/16 for the camper. I was really having a hard time figuring out how to get the camper moved because I think that kind of trip would just be too much for our aging Suburban. I literally stumbled across this adapter, and picked it up. It came in last friday's mail, and it looks to be just the ticket Very well made and fits both the camper, and one of my 2" balls (snicker) like a charm. I'm going to buy another one to have for the trip just in case.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Thanks, BlackBike! We'll get through it. Timing just was not on our side for this one. I was really worried about having to move our camper across the country with the Suburban (2002 with over 300K on the clock), however I found a solution that will allow me to tow the camper with the Uhaul.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...Safe/WS07.html

The balls on Uhauls are all welded 2" jobs. I need a 2 5/16 for the camper. I was really having a hard time figuring out how to get the camper moved because I think that kind of trip would just be too much for our aging Suburban. I literally stumbled across this adapter, and picked it up. It came in last friday's mail, and it looks to be just the ticket Very well made and fits both the camper, and one of my 2" balls (snicker) like a charm. I'm going to buy another one to have for the trip just in case.
Probably a good idea, 2 balls better than one ( yes, bordering on fart joke territory)

I bought my bolt on cat 3 hitch for my sorrento from that e trailer bunch...good business.

I moved my sister once apon a time and was amazed how much stuff you can carefully pack into one of those uhauls .

Ps, its awful nice of you to offer to take your wife to AZ also
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-23-2017, 11:14 PM   #6

I had a friend over today to help with some of the heavy lifting and I told him to keep his eyes open as we walked through the house. Anything he saw that he wanted was pretty much up for grabs, except for the motorcycles, the missus, maybe the new baby, and possibly the animals. Yes, I said it exactly in that order...

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up