Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #16

As soon as we have a Nugget, you guys will have pictures!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #17

We have a Nugget! Also, this is the onesie he was wearing to his first pediatrician checkup. Needless to say, he was a hit!

http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1505008849

http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1505008849
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6936.jpg (95.9 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6935.jpg (95.4 KB, 132 views)

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #18

Crossing things off the Arizona Move List! I built a travel stand/rack for the bikes. The Ural will support itself, but for the other bikes, this is how they'll get loaded into the Uhaul.

http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1505008979

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #19

WE MADE IT!! Well, at least most of us made it. The missus and Nugget have been in Phoenix since the beginning of the month. They've been busy getting the lay of the land and such. Nugget has grown like a little weed (9 weeks old today!). I made it into town with the second Uhaul load and the camper on Thursday, and mostly everything is either unpacked, or on a shelf for storage. I still have some work to do to get all the motorcycles sleeping in the garage. Right now the DR and the TU sleep in the back yard, and the Ural has to sleep in the driveway. The Hawk will be here in about a week and a half. There wasn't room on the Uhaul for it, so a friend offered to hang it on the carrier behind his suburban and drive it out to me. Now that we're out here and things are starting to calm down a bit, I'll be able to start posting some more. Have a great day, everyone!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #20

Glad you guys made it there. BTW, that's one cute little nugget.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #21

Thumbs Up

Ga to Arizona! Now that’s a road trip! Glad you made it! Now we are going to want some pictures!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 10-29-2017, 10:51 PM   #22

Sounds like things are moving right along...ya see what I did there, hehahee

That was some cool friend to ferry out the hawk for you !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-30-2017, 01:49 AM   #23

Wah, Wah, Waaaaahhhh... He is a cool friend. It's actually his second trip. The first trip he took the two awful dogs and the awful cat out for us. I paid for his gas and hotel rooms along the way, and he does the driving. He took our Suburban for the first trip with the animals, and it wound up that he liked it so much he bought it. We cut him a hell of a deal on it, and so now he's happy he's got a good, reliable set of wheels, and we're happy we didn't have to try to sell it with everything else we had going on. This trip, I told him I'd pick up the hotel rooms, and pay him whatever it would have cost me to get it shipped. He really likes it out here, so it's a win-win. My cost isn't any different to get the Hawk out here, and he gets to spend a few days doing an epic cross-country drive, and hanging out. He and I both have DR650's that we get into trouble with, so once the Hawk gets here, we're going to spend an afternoon being biker hoodlums and scoping out the Arizona riding trails. Anybody interested in coming along for the adventure?

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-30-2017, 01:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
Ga to Arizona! Now that’s a road trip! Glad you made it! Now we are going to want some pictures!
I'll be getting them this week. We've moved into an area that has awesome scenery, and I've been wanting to get all the bikes out with the mountains behind them. I'll post them as soon as I have some time. Two of the bikes are sleeping out in the back yard (it's fenced in, so no worries there), and the Ural has to sleep in the driveway. I want to finish getting the garage unpacked and organized so I can bring all the bikes inside. I'm not necessarily worried about the Ural sprouting legs and coming up missing, but I don't want to tempt fate, either...

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-31-2017, 02:21 PM   #25

As your neighbor to the southeast (Yuma) I have to admit I have not been following your move other than from when you mentioned it a few months ago. Good to see you made it out this way with little drama. Ironically, I have feelers out to get out of AZ; I want to move back to the L.A. area where my family and several friends still live. I have no solid ties to Yuma or anywhere else in AZ. The pay is stale in my field (education) but is much higher in California, and enough to offset the cost of living differences. If I don't move (or at least not yet), perhaps we can meet up this winter or early spring while the weather is quite nice.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-31-2017, 04:59 PM   #26

Let's do it! I've had the Ural out a couple of times already, and the Hawk will be here in a few weeks. The DR is great on these roads, too. I didn't know that if I wanted to ride the trails, I would need to get an OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) decal for the bikes. That's another $110 for three stickers (Ural, DR and Hawk). I'm going to do some research and see what having the sticker actually does for me.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-31-2017, 07:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I'm going to do some research and see what having the sticker actually does for me.
I am not sure if you need a sticker if they are road registered, but I have never looked into it, either. The idea of off-road stickers is relatively new in AZ, but in one of Musictrek's Hawk videos (I believe it was his latest one) he mentioned rangers stopping vehicles on the trail he was on which I assume was to check for stickers on the OHV and quads. Actually, he would be a good source of information for AZ since he actively rides his Hawk on trails here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-31-2017, 09:57 PM   #28

When I asked about it at the DMV office, they said that even if you have plates and registration, you need to have an OHV sticker if you want to ride the trails. I'll do some more digging and see what I can scare up.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-01-2017, 01:45 AM   #29

That is the situation, nowadays, with stickers. A few relatively short years ago, one could buy a quad or dirt bike on the internet, slap it together, and ride out in the desert. They introduced the sticker program and the rest is history. I was under the impression that if one had a street plate, not sticker was needed, but not having an enduro bike for a few years now, I hadn't looked into the situation. I do know that on some federal lands, including BLM (the REAL federal organization, not the 'Hands up/Don't shoot group) land around here in Yuma, one needs to have full street plating and insurance. Not sure how much federal land you had around you in Georgia, but keep that in mind if you end up with off-road only toys now that you are in AZ. I am not sure if you need an off-road flag in AZ, but since we are so close to the Imperial Sand Dunes and all the other dunes, many vehicles are seen here in town towing buggies and quads with those orange visibility off-road flags.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #30

Did they say what the money from the sticker program goes towards? If it goes to keeping up the trails and such, I'm not necessarily adverse to spending a few dollars. If it just goes into the political ether, that's a different story.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up