Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2018, 01:03 AM   #1

RX3 Aftermarkt Exhaust Alternatives

Hey everyone!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but the search feature on this site hasn't been very helpful.

I'm looking to find an aftermarket exhaust for my 2016 RX3. I'm not looking for a performance jump, truthfully. I'm looking to enhance the exhaust note. Gerry at the CSC plant has an aftermarket exhaust on his, but I don't have any details on it. Any information would be helpful, and appreciated

Thanks all!

https://thegreasyspanner.wordpress.com

Old 04-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
Hey everyone!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but the search feature on this site hasn't been very helpful.

I'm looking to find an aftermarket exhaust for my 2016 RX3. I'm not looking for a performance jump, truthfully. I'm looking to enhance the exhaust note. Gerry at the CSC plant has an aftermarket exhaust on his, but I don't have any details on it. Any information would be helpful, and appreciated

Thanks all!
I have this one on mine. It's the same EBay exhaust that everyone's running on their Hondoids (Hawk, TT250, etc...)
Just whack off the regular muffler at the weld and slip this one on. Takes a little bracket work but it works pretty well. I cut one of the mount brackets off the stock muffler and used that. You will have to trim the plastic a tad. It looks nicer, sounds ok, you lose the cat but thanks to the injection mapping, you gain basically no power freeing it up.
You also end up with extra header parts that come in the box for décor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3952.jpg (100.7 KB, 420 views)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-17-2021, 01:02 AM   #3

How loud is it? I blew the catalyst out of my stock exhaust and now it's just too loud. I'd like if it were quiet again.

Charles.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
How loud is it? I blew the catalyst out of my stock exhaust and now it's just too loud. I'd like if it were quiet again.

Charles.
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28915

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-17-2021, 02:41 PM   #5

Well A new muffler is $200 from CSC. I’m going to try and quiet down what I’ve got first. Going to drill the rivets out of the end cap and remove the cap. Then hammer out the remaining catalyst. Then try installing a DB killer from Amazon, once I have the measurements of the inside of the pipe.

Charles.

Old 05-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #6

I will be watching how yours turns out Charles. I have wondering how to quiet mine down a bit too.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:17 PM   #7

After removing the shiny end cap, that end of the muffler is welded together. So I cut it off. And.... no dice. It's all welded internally. There's no way to disassemble the muffler, repack it, or do any modifications at all. The muffler body does have a few sheets of fiberglass inside, but there's no way to repack it should it eventually all blow out.

Ordered an aftermarket one. I wouldn't mind a deep tone, but the raspy loudness of a hollowed out stock muffler is too much for me.

Charles.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #8

Interesting on the internals of the muffler. I don't mind the sound of the muffler at highway speed so much as the air is going past. For me it just seems really loud when buzzing through town at 30-35 mph in third gear. I really like to keep the rpm up past 5,000 most of the time. The engine just seems happier 5-8,000 rpm.

Old 05-20-2021, 09:31 AM   #9

Well, surprise surprise, I found something that works. It's a $34 muffler off of Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CRJJGG1/. The blue even looks great with my RX3's paint

I cut the can off, welded on about 7 inches of extra 1/2" exhaust tubing to the stock header, and then the adapter that came with this muffler, and the little tabs for the springs.

It's quieter than my stock exhaust with no catalyst. It's not quiet though, it just doesn't have the raspyness of that can. Not sure if it's quieter than a perfect stocker, but I'll know soon since I have one on the way. This cheap can is not raspy, it's deeper. This is with the DB killer installed of course. I may have lost 2mph on the top end, I'm not completely sure. I have a stock exhaust on the way and will back-to-back compare them over the weekend on a stretch of uphill interstate near my house. Also, from the reviews the DB killer will eject itself after some time, so locktite the bolt that holds it in.

'

Charles.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:26 PM   #10

That muffler looks great on there. I would have hoped for quiet also. Earplugs it is in long rides for me for now I guess. I wonder how much more quiet a Honda 250 dual sport is in compare and how different the muffler internals are.....