Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #1

Can anyone identify this bike??

I got this bike for free from a friend to use as a starter bike, what i can tell you is that its a Carb bike Assuming its 4 stroke.

Heres the bike :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29544658@N02/6997323961/

I dont know why it wont start, it cranks ignites starts up idles ill give it gas and it dies, restart the process except i give it gas and the throttle response is good but as soon as i let off the gas it will idle for 5 seconds and die, then it wont start. then i start the whole process all over again.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #2

Very nice looking generic 200 or 230cc OHV Hondoid powered GS series Chinabike.

Sounds like a clogged carb jet which should be fixable without replacement. A 30mm Mikuni is a popular upgrade.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #3

Woo thanks for the speedy response, are there any manuals out there on how to take this carb apart so I can shoot it up?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #4

This should be close to your carb.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=3743

Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #5

Appreciate it that's helps a lot but how do I get it off my bike? I just don't know how to get it off my bike do I have to drain the gas?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #6

Welcome!

Close the fuel valve on the tank, then loosen the drain screw at the very bottom of the carb bowl. That will allow the fuel that's in the carb to drain out of the bowl.

Carefully examine how the air box is attached to your carb, and you'll see that there is a hose clamp. That clamp needs to be loosened, and the carb is held onto the intake tube with two nuts. The throttle cable comes out of the top, and the fuel hose pulls off.

This is a good time to replace the fuel hose. Take a sample to the local auto parts store or motorcycle shop and buy a foot of hose, along with a small inline filter.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #7

Awesome thank you! And I forgot how I took this apart anyone know of a picture lol http://www.flickr.com/photos/29544658@N02/6852032406/

Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #8

I can't begin to figure out what that it! It's not the throttle cable, due to the large barrel end and the plastic guide (your cable goes straight in through the top of the carb. The clutch cable has a large barrel, but does not use the guide either.

It looks like a setup from a CV carb. Is it April Fools Day already? Just kidding, my guess is that's a choke cable. It appears to mount on the stem on the right side (rider's position), but that's not like any choke cable I've seen. They usually mount on the left side.

That looks like a pumper carb, BTW.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #9

It is the throttle cable haga when I gave it gas the piece in the top of the carb and that piece also moved, it is on the right side but not the choke cable

Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #10

The throttle cable needs a small barrel end, and it inserts into the hole in the top of the carb. It passes through a strong coil spring, then connects to the slider. The linkage in your pic does not insert into the top of the carb.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #11

Right right BUT both of those turned

Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #12

Does that mean that you have a cable splitter? I'm not seeing the small cable that fits into the carb. May we see a pic of the entire setup?

Maybe you have a splitter that opens the throttle and operates the pumper plunger at the same time. I've never seen an arrangement like that, so I'm quite curious.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #13

I'll have to get back to you tommorrow with it

Old 03-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #14

Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #15

It is!