Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #1

Over the winter build projects -

After suffering major setback on my Vader build due to being Hurricane Michael'd here in Florida, some unseasonably cold weather has now rolled in

on us so I'm thinking it's time to clear some space in the shed and start trying to get back on my build ,especially since it's getting dark so early now.

So, I'll be starting a thread soon to cover the install of all the new parts i still have that need to go on ,and I invite any interested to post any work you are doing be it just touching up paint , adding new mirrors or levers, etc all the way up to full builds and / or Zs190 swaps ,so we can all trade ideas

and see what everyone else is doing with their Grom clone.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #2

ZS190 will go in if I ever get time to work on it.

In my build thread I have tons of stuff to install that are just sitting in the garage. :|

I'd also like to get one of the Grom Superlite Rear Sprockets and the Gromfatherz speed spacers.

Also an aluminum swingarm and go on a diet.

I think that'll be good. Easiest way to go faster... lose weight/rotating mass and add more power. Doubt I'll be hitting a point where aerodynamics will be a major factor. lol.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #3

great thread,...!

(i got 63mph this morning! new pr on vader)

Old 12-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #4

I'll try to post an update tomorrow , i took pictures today but now my PC won't recognize my tablet for some reason so i can't download the pic's to my PC to upload them to here .
But, i found an anodized aluminum gas cap that looks good and does NOT use a key that will direct fit on a Vader ,the lock mechanism on my Vader has always been finicky and several times I've almost broke the key off in it , so I was looking for a work around for that. I'm really not living in fear of someone siphoning out my 1 gallon of gas ,or putting anything in the tank that shouldn't be there so those were not concerns of mine .The gascap spins out ,then back in and it doesnt leak during wheelies or stoppies and it looks sweet in my opinion. I'll try to get pic up tomorrow as well as a link to where i got it from- it was cheap too like 25 or 30 bucks ,unlike some I saw that were near a hundred bucks .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 12-10-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I'll try to post an update tomorrow , i took pictures today but now my PC won't recognize my tablet for some reason so i can't download the pic's to my PC to upload them to here .
But, i found an anodized aluminum gas cap that looks good and does NOT use a key that will direct fit on a Vader ,the lock mechanism on my Vader has always been finicky and several times I've almost broke the key off in it , so I was looking for a work around for that. I'm really not living in fear of someone siphoning out my 1 gallon of gas ,or putting anything in the tank that shouldn't be there so those were not concerns of mine .The gascap spins out ,then back in and it doesnt look during wheelies or stoppies and it looks sweet in my opinion. I'll try to get pic up tomorrow as well as a link to where i got it from- it was cheap too like 25 or 30 bucks ,unlike some I saw that were near a hundred bucks .
Yes. Please. I've been looking for something like that. I saw that the CBR250? 300? will fit... but nothing definitive. Then I found the Driven ones... but SUPER expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
great thread,...!

(i got 63mph this morning! new pr on vader)
pr?

Old 12-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #6

pr = personal record
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #7

Quote:
pr = personal record
Ahhh gotcha. lol.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #8

"living in fear of someone siphoning out my 1 gallon of gas"

Old 12-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
"living in fear of someone siphoning out my 1 gallon of gas"
That was the funniest thing I heard all day!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 12-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #10

Seriously dudes, every time i mentioned wanting a non keyed gascap, I'd get flooded with comments like " They gonna steal ur gas bruh!!" , or "They gonna put sugar in yer tank bruh!!".

I mean i get the point but if you so bad off you need the one gallon of gas in my Vader bad enough to siphon it out ,you prolly need it worse than i do ,and i try not to leave my bike unattended in places where crack junkies is siphoning gas out of vehicles.....a gallon at a time lmao.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Seriously dudes, every time i mentioned wanting a non keyed gascap, I'd get flooded with comments like " They gonna steal ur gas bruh!!" , or "They gonna put sugar in yer tank bruh!!".

I mean i get the point but if you so bad off you need the one gallon of gas in my Vader bad enough to siphon it out ,you prolly need it worse than i do ,and i try not to leave my bike unattended in places where crack junkies is siphoning gas out of vehicles.....a gallon at a time lmao.
Post it up! I want one.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #12

Quote:
But, i found an anodized aluminum gas cap that looks good and does NOT use a key that will direct fit on a Vader ,the lock mechanism on my Vader has always been finicky and several times I've almost broke the key off in it , so I was looking for a work around for that. I'm really not living in fear of someone siphoning out my 1 gallon of gas ,or putting anything in the tank that shouldn't be there so those were not concerns of mine .The gascap spins out ,then back in and it doesnt leak during wheelies or stoppies and it looks sweet in my opinion. I'll try to get pic up tomorrow as well as a link to where i got it from- it was cheap too like 25 or 30 bucks ,unlike some I saw that were near a hundred bucks .
Hey did you ever get a chance to get pictures and stuff? I need one. :P

Old 01-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
ZS190 will go in if I ever get time to work on it.

I've got a 190 + genuine microsquirt ECU (not the one from aliexpress) and supporting hardware and sensors from aliexpress eagerly awaiting installation.

Not having any form of heat in my workspace really sucks, I'm going to either have to bite the bullet and buy a propane/kerosene portable heater, bring the bike into my bedroom, or wait for weather that doesn't turn my nipples into glass cutters.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:11 AM   #14

oh dang... do you have a link to the kit you bought on aliexpress?

I'd love to go FI... How good is the autotune with the ecu?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #15

Here's the link to what I bought on Aliexpress.

I have read a few threads saying they bought this kit, or at least a kit that had a "kit 4" option. I think it was the stickied efi conversion thread on this section of the forum.

I have only just ordered all of what I expect I will need for the conversion, so I am waiting for everything to arrive (engine, supporting hardware, ECU, ebay exhaust, wideband o2 sensor, and other small things) so I cannot say anything about the autotuning the software has.

The microsquirt is supposed to arrive today, so hopefully I can play with that for a little while. The exhaust and amazon stuff should come next week. The Aliexpress order... only an educated guess at it arriving in 2-4 weeks. It seems like they do not track the shipment while it is in China or on the boat; they gave the seller a week to package and ship the item and then about 5-8 days for delivery. I'm still in the waiting-for-it-to-be-shipped stage.