Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #1

2020 TT250 rear sprocket report

I got a 2020 TT250, and immediately knew I wanted to ditch the stock 50 tooth rear sprocket and try the 47 that I had leftover from my long gone 2016 TT250. It felt too wound tight up top. I run 99% street, and graded dirt roads and occasional stream crossing when I'm not on pavement. It was much better with th 47, but I wanted more. So I got a 45 from CSC mainly because I wanted their bolt and spacer kit as well. It was better, but the bike still felt wound tight in 5th. So I debated 43 or 42??? I decided 42, and it got installed yesterday. Yesterday was also the first time I remember using 3rd gear for more than a pass through from 2nd to 4th. 4th was better and 5th was great. Tops out about 70 indicated (63 actual, but I only have 500 miles). But the best news is it doesn't feel wound tight at those speeds. The tach first digit actually matches the speedo first digit now, although I assume the tach is correct. I should check it too. Bike has a mild re-jet otherwise stock.

Last edited by mtiberio; 06-24-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:12 AM   #2

Good info. I recently changed to 45 at around 400 miles. It seems like a win-win with no discernible downside. Maybe at 1000 I'll try what you've done although I doubt it would increase top speed since I'm not exactly aerodynamic. Hope you update with your opinion after adding more mileage.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I got a 2020 TT250, and immediately knew I wanted to ditch the stock 50 tooth rear sprocket and try the 47 that I had leftover from my long gone 2016 TT250. It felt too wound tight up top. I run 99% street, and graded dirt roads and occasional stream crossing when I'm not on pavement. It was much better with th 47, but I wanted more. So I got a 45 from CSC mainly because I wanted their bolt and spacer kit as well. It was better, but the bike still felt would tight in 5th. So I debated 43 or 42??? I decided 42, and it got installed yesterday. Yesterday was also the first time I remember using 3rd gear for more than a pass through from 2nd to 4th. 4th was better and 5th was great. Tops out about 70 indicated (63 actual, but I only have 500 miles). But the best news is it doesn't feel wound tight at those speeds. The tach first digit actually matches the speedo first digit now, although I assume the tach is correct. I should check it too. Bike has a mild re-jet otherwise stock.
How do you feel the torque with that sprocket?
I want to go faster on mine but i want to ocationally take some steep hills
can you still go up hill no problem?

Old 06-23-2020, 07:54 PM   #4

Define steep? No problems with anything paved or graded. I could see some gnarly single track trails where a tighter first might be better.

Old 06-24-2020, 12:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Define steep? No problems with anything paved or graded. I could see some gnarly single track trails where a tighter first might be better.
I mean if you going up a hill does it struggle?
I gone up to 65mph with the stock sprocket on a good day but would like to go 70mph all day if possible but i dont want to loose alot of acceleration. Ofcourse i know this is not a fast bike but i enjoy the little bit of power it has at the moment

Old 06-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #6

Steep paved roads. I live where the Piedmont meets the coastal plain. Some decent hills. If I hit them at WFO, about 65 (real not speedo) speed will drop to about 56 on the worst. Still faster than 4th. Like I said the 43 is for cruising comfort. A 43, 44 or even 45 might be better on hills. Learn to work the draft like a NASCAR driver.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #7

Quote:
I got a 2020 TT250, and immediately knew I wanted to ditch the stock 50 tooth rear sprocket and try the 47 that I had leftover from my long gone 2016 TT250. It felt too wound tight up top. I run 99% street, and graded dirt roads and occasional stream crossing when I'm not on pavement. It was much better with th 47, but I wanted more. So I got a 45 from CSC mainly because I wanted their bolt and spacer kit as well. It was better, but the bike still felt would tight in 5th. So I debated 43 or 42??? I decided 42, and it got installed yesterday. Yesterday was also the first time I remember using 3rd gear for more than a pass through from 2nd to 4th. 4th was better and 5th was great. Tops out about 70 indicated (63 actual, but I only have 500 miles). But the best news is it doesn't feel wound tight at those speeds. The tach first digit actually matches the speedo first digit now, although I assume the tach is correct. I should check it too. Bike has a mild re-jet otherwise stock.
Im looking to do something similar as mine is mostly a commute to work bike in the summer. Did you have to change your chain ? and if so what did you go with. Thanks

Old 06-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhomey View Post
Im looking to do something similar as mine is mostly a commute to work bike in the summer. Did you have to change your chain ? and if so what did you go with. Thanks
Chain adjusters can handle it. At some point I might cut off a link.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #9

Quote:
I got a 2020 TT250, and immediately knew I wanted to ditch the stock 50 tooth rear sprocket and try the 47 that I had leftover from my long gone 2016 TT250. It felt too wound tight up top. I run 99% street, and graded dirt roads and occasional stream crossing when I'm not on pavement. It was much better with th 47, but I wanted more. So I got a 45 from CSC mainly because I wanted their bolt and spacer kit as well. It was better, but the bike still felt wound tight in 5th. So I debated 43 or 42??? I decided 42, and it got installed yesterday. Yesterday was also the first time I remember using 3rd gear for more than a pass through from 2nd to 4th. 4th was better and 5th was great. Tops out about 70 indicated (63 actual, but I only have 500 miles). But the best news is it doesn't feel wound tight at those speeds. The tach first digit actually matches the speedo first digit now, although I assume the tach is correct. I should check it too. Bike has a mild re-jet otherwise stock.
Which sproket did you order off amazon im assuming ? I bought the 45 from csc as well but want to try a 42 . Thanks !!!

Old 06-29-2020, 06:15 PM   #10

Just search JTR269-42, the number 42 after the dash is the # teeth. Default 428

Old 05-11-2021, 12:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Just search JTR269-42, the number 42 after the dash is the # teeth. Default 428
So you can get this off Amazon?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-11-2021, 07:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
So you can get this off Amazon?