Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2019, 01:57 AM   #16

The last time I registered a Chinese bike in Yuma, AZ back in 2014 or '15, they made me take it in for a physical inspection. It was a TMEC 200 dual-sport, and those were 49 state EPA/DOT certified, and there were some already registered in Arizona. I thought it was the statewide thing, but evidently you guys in Phoenix can register a bike without an inspection. When/if I get my next commuter (Leaning towards the Lifan, but considering the Brozz thanks to Jeff organizing the bikes into a cottage industry unto themselves with a site and parts and whatnot but the lure of fuel-injection with the LIfan…), I would rather not hassle taking it to the MVD office. Hopefully I will have some business in Phoenix and just do it there.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
Well I fired the brozz up ok while the choke was on the middle position. Let her warm up then off with the choke and the motor instantly dies. I pulled the carb off and checked the jets. They were 105 main and 34 pilot. My old Hawk ran fine with the 110 jet. I have a backup carb and put a 110 jet on the brozz and it did richen the idle on the choke but it still died with the choke off. So it's a mystery. I've been checking for air leaks but not detected any issues yet.
Adjust the valves and save yourself the headaches. More than likely the issue.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-30-2019, 08:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The last time I registered a Chinese bike in Yuma, AZ back in 2014 or '15, they made me take it in for a physical inspection. It was a TMEC 200 dual-sport, and those were 49 state EPA/DOT certified, and there were some already registered in Arizona. I thought it was the statewide thing, but evidently you guys in Phoenix can register a bike without an inspection. When/if I get my next commuter (Leaning towards the Lifan, but considering the Brozz thanks to Jeff organizing the bikes into a cottage industry unto themselves with a site and parts and whatnot but the lure of fuel-injection with the LIfan…), I would rather not hassle taking it to the MVD office. Hopefully I will have some business in Phoenix and just do it there.
it was too easy to title and register! I did it and I didn't have the bike fully assembled yet!

Old 08-30-2019, 08:05 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Adjust the valves and save yourself the headaches. More than likely the issue.
MMM, I need to do that next! Check the valves. The funny thing is I suspect its not the carb the way its running. Second thought. Operator error omg. I was pulling the choke switch up which was closing the butterfly valve furthur choking the engine.

Last edited by Musictrek; 08-30-2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: My errors

Old 08-30-2019, 08:07 AM   #20

Grin

Quote:
The fuel injection sounds like a good idea, but Im so use to pulling the carb off so many times.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #21

Like Jerryhawk said do check the valves. I would also check the fuel line coming from the tank to the carb, make sure it’s a nice downward flow with out any kinks in the line. May have to trim a little off if that’s the issue.
Also mine came with 105/34 jetting and it seemed to run good with the bike stock.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 08-30-2019, 11:58 AM   #22

Boring

Quote:
it was too easy to title and register! I did it and I didn't have the bike fully assembled yet!
This is what I'm talking about! If I can get a deal on a Lifan at the source in California, I would love to pick it up with a license plate in hand and ride the 275 miles back to Yuma. Back roads of course, and wait until the weather cools down so I don't feel like I am riding in the depths of hell.

Did you call Jeff about the choke? I have a feeling it is some flip somewhere that is slightly different than your Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-30-2019, 01:55 PM   #23

Quote:
This is what I'm talking about! If I can get a deal on a Lifan at the source in California, I would love to pick it up with a license plate in hand and ride the 275 miles back to Yuma. Back roads of course, and wait until the weather cools down so I don't feel like I am riding in the depths of hell.

Did you call Jeff about the choke? I have a feeling it is some flip somewhere that is slightly different than your Hawk.
The old saying you can't see the forest through the trees. I was looking at the carb and moved the choke switch all the way up thus closing the butterfly valve which is full choke. I had mentally thought this was when the choke was fully off.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie View Post
Like Jerryhawk said do check the valves. I would also check the fuel line coming from the tank to the carb, make sure it’s a nice downward flow with out any kinks in the line. May have to trim a little off if that’s the issue.
Also mine came with 105/34 jetting and it seemed to run good with the bike stock.
I'll check those as well. I know eventually I'll cut the cat out like I did the hawk. I can't leave well enough alone.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:53 PM   #25

Brozz 250 runs ok without the choke on. operator error There was nothing wrong. I was trying to run the motor on full choke while it was already warmed up. My Hawk memory of how to run the bike had flown away.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Brozz 250 runs ok without the choke on. operator error There was nothing wrong. I was trying to run the motor on full choke while it was already warmed up. My Hawk memory of how to run the bike had flown away.
good job.....wait to ya get a little older, and the memory starts to fade....you panic because you cant find your cell phone, looking everywhere, and you are talking on it. lol

Nice pix on your trip to wendys…..I sure wish I would have bought the blue instead of the red bms.

thanks again for your pixs and posts!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".