Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2018, 11:13 AM   #1

Thank you guys for all the work and effort you have put in to make it possible for beginners to understand the working of the mt05 ecu.

I have a MT05 ecu in my 50cc scooter from Riya motorcycles.
What i noticed is that the ECU in my scooter is a Rongmao MT05 ECU instead of a Delphi MT05... The software for the Delphi works on the Rongmao MT05 as well. Maybe it's a clone or a rebrand.

My scooter has a ECU limited speed (25 km/h) and i am trying to bring it up to 34 km/h.

Unfortunately the manufacturer does not answer on my emails so i am trying to tweak it but as of now, i have no idea where to start...

I used the PCHUD software and managed to increase the IDLE rpm speed using slew outputs.

> Is there a way to find the ID of the max RPM speed so i can use it in a slew element to increase this max?
> Is there a way to store this slew element in the memory of the scooter as well (flashing/remapping)?

I will be glad to keep you up to date about this project

Old 02-09-2020, 07:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricevs View Post
Thank you guys for all the work and effort you have put in to make it possible for beginners to understand the working of the mt05 ecu.

I have a MT05 ecu in my 50cc scooter from Riya motorcycles.
What i noticed is that the ECU in my scooter is a Rongmao MT05 ECU instead of a Delphi MT05... The software for the Delphi works on the Rongmao MT05 as well. Maybe it's a clone or a rebrand.

My scooter has a ECU limited speed (25 km/h) and i am trying to bring it up to 34 km/h.

Unfortunately the manufacturer does not answer on my emails so i am trying to tweak it but as of now, i have no idea where to start...

I used the PCHUD software and managed to increase the IDLE rpm speed using slew outputs.

> Is there a way to find the ID of the max RPM speed so i can use it in a slew element to increase this max?
> Is there a way to store this slew element in the memory of the scooter as well (flashing/remapping)?

I will be glad to keep you up to date about this project

Have you found a solution yet to adjust the ecu from rongmao? I have the same problem.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Have you found a solution yet to adjust the ecu from rongmao? I have the same problem.
Hi Eddy, yes and no.

Are you trying to adjust the speed limiter from 25 to 34? then i have to disappoint you.

I contacted Rongmao in China yes, i am fluent in Google Translate and asked them if there are any solutions available. They told me the following:

The software that they use to remap the MT05 ECU with specific parameters is not for sale.

They sell devices for 200$ (see picture) that can remap your rongmao MT05 ECU to very specific speed limits:

1. 25KM/H
2. 45KM/H
3. Unlimited KM/H

I really wonder what kind of commands go through the cable though, if only there was a way to sniff that data then maybe we could replicate the process using other values.

I was thinking about a workaround as well, the ecu measures the REV which is a pulse, in theory it would be possible to use a arduino (they are capable of pulse modulation) and program a conversion table for it. Presuming that you would like your scooter to run 34 KM/H and is currently limited to 25 KM/H that would kinda look like this: measured REV example minus 34% and feed the result over REV cable to the ECU. I will come back to this.

And maybe even better: if we could find out if there was a way to use SLEW to temporarily increase the REV limit then in theory it would be possible to inject these SLEW commands over Bluetooth using the ELM337 with a phone.

Please, let correct me if i'm wrong, my knowledge about the subject is still limited compared to other users on this forum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture of speed limit removal .jpg (98.5 KB, 1238 views)