Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #31

My TBR7 did run kinda lean but it started and rode ok from the start.I changed the carb at 100 miles though but I didn’t have to.It did make the bike accelerate better and the kickstarter work first kick😁

Old 05-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I agree. In truth, I would trade.my hawk for that setup in an enduro in a heartbeat. Liquid cooling makes up for the 30cc loss in displacement, and an extra gear would also make up for it. I would bet my last dollar it would be just as fast as a any cg250 enduro on the market.
An ATC 200X motor would bolt in with very little modding and would be a huge improvement. And you can still get aftermarket performance parts, cams etc..

Old 05-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #33

I bought a CSC TT250 and couldn't be happier. Put close to 5K miles on it in a year with no serious issues. Rode it through a Buffalo NY winter. I did make a carb adjustment, just changing the needle setting and I also changed the rear sprocket. Outside of that, kept everything stock. I couldn't be happier with the bike. CSC is a little more expensive but the bike arrived assembled, and tested. Put the mirrors on, turn the key and the bike started right up. IMHO, well worth the little extra cash, not to mention fantastic customer service, and supper easy to get parts direct from CSC. I'll probably order another one next year after I get one more winter out it.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitcoinDood View Post
I bought a CSC TT250 and couldn't be happier. Put close to 5K miles on it in a year with no serious issues. Rode it through a Buffalo NY winter. I did make a carb adjustment, just changing the needle setting and I also changed the rear sprocket. Outside of that, kept everything stock. I couldn't be happier with the bike. CSC is a little more expensive but the bike arrived assembled, and tested. Put the mirrors on, turn the key and the bike started right up. IMHO, well worth the little extra cash, not to mention fantastic customer service, and supper easy to get parts direct from CSC. I'll probably order another one next year after I get one more winter out it.
Thanks buddy. Were you the fellah that commuted to work on his TT250 on YouTube? If so, those are great vids and a good channel!

Old 05-07-2019, 03:46 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
Thanks buddy. Were you the fellah that commuted to work on his TT250 on YouTube? If so, those are great vids and a good channel!
No sir, not me. I think I know the channel you're talking about though. Great videos for sure.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #36

Best? Or least expensive/most value? Best is probably the SSR XF250. It has a clone of the Suzuki TU250 motor, which is far more powerful than the CG250 clones, and also just as reliable - if not moreso. It's also 249cc instead of the CG's 229cc. That extra displacement and better motor design provides a LOT more torque, which makes the bike capable of holding freeway speeds. It also has wider tires, which are more suited to trail exploring. Plus you can walk into a dealership and ride the bike home -- IF there's a dealership near you. (There are two within 45 minutes of me, and I'm on the East Coast, so there is likely one near you unless you live in a rather unpopulated state)

Second would be the CSC TT250. Though it has the CG motor, that motor is completely reliable, if under-powered. The warranty and price of the CSC is pretty much out of this world. It depends on what your priorties are.

Charles.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Best? Or least expensive/most value? Best is probably the SSR XF250. It has a clone of the Suzuki TU250 motor, which is far more powerful than the CG250 clones, and also just as reliable - if not moreso. It's also 249cc instead of the CG's 229cc. That extra displacement and better motor design provides a LOT more torque, which makes the bike capable of holding freeway speeds. It also has wider tires, which are more suited to trail exploring. Plus you can walk into a dealership and ride the bike home -- IF there's a dealership near you. (There are two within 45 minutes of me, and I'm on the East Coast, so there is likely one near you unless you live in a rather unpopulated state)

Second would be the CSC TT250. Though it has the CG motor, that motor is completely reliable, if under-powered. The warranty and price of the CSC is pretty much out of this world. It depends on what your priorties are.

Charles.
I wanted the SSR. It was my first choice but they were on backorder when I tried to buy one and the dealership didn't know when they would be available. Happy with the TT250, but XF250 seems like a better bike all around. A little more pricey too though.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:26 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post

Charles.
I completely agree with you about the bikes themselves. The XF250 is superior in about every way...but due to the flaky nature of SSR, at least out here, I went with the TT250 for Mrs. 2LZ just due to available support and "click and order" parts supply. The one SSR dealer we have within a decent drive just carries the pit bikes.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I completely agree with you about the bikes themselves. The XF250 is superior in about every way...but due to the flaky nature of SSR, at least out here, I went with the TT250 for Mrs. 2LZ just due to available support and "click and order" parts supply. The one SSR dealer we have within a decent drive just carries the pit bikes.
Funny, I've got the same situation over here. I wonder what's up with that? The only place I found outside of the local dealer that's an hour away is a mail order place for the xf250. The closest dealer only sells SSR parts but no bikes.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitcoinDood View Post
Funny, I've got the same situation over here. I wonder what's up with that? The only place I found outside of the local dealer that's an hour away is a mail order place for the xf250. The closest dealer only sells SSR parts but no bikes.
It really is a shame. If they'd only make a website for available parts that we can order. This is a joke right here. Please contact your dealer for parts??? What dealer!?

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/parts.php

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-11-2019, 01:40 AM   #41

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
It really is a shame. If they'd only make a website for available parts that we can order. This is a joke right here. Please contact your dealer for parts??? What dealer!?

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/parts.php
This can be good or bad. The bikes SSR sells are great for the money, but calling SSRs corporate office is a nightmare. My initial experiences trying to obtain parts directly from SSR in 2014 were not good. Some of the top dealers in Southern California are now selling SSR so maybe this will change. Our local bigshot KTM Suzuki SSR dealer recently shut down and a small but well known repair shop became the SSR dealer for my area. They have been helping SSR modify/prep the SR 450 that has been raced successfully at some MX events in the area.

I had a 40 minute chat with the owner yesterday and he spent a good deal of time going reassuring me that SSR has gotten its act together when it comes to parts. He even looked up parts/prices for parts that SSR had told me were unavailable several years ago, and told me that he has actually been discussing an online parts store with SSR. I am feeling a bit more optimistic about SSR as a result. I'm taking the bike in for service tomorrow and the owner offered to check parts compatibility with the TU250x when I mentioned a few things I want to do to the bike soon. Holding off on the RE Himalayan purchase as long as I can locate parts for my SSR.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #42

Every part I've needed for my SSR Buccaneer has been in stock. The dealer forgot to install a wheel spacer and the battery bracket, and they had both of the parts, plus the rubber grommets for the bracket, in less than a week. I ordered O-rings for the oil filter cover, valve adjustment covers, and oil pump intake screen cover, and they came in less than a week.

I ordered an OEM luggage rack for the bike, which was on the 'fiche, and also less than a week.

The big thing is... I found an exhaust for an Italjet that I liked, and was a factory item for the "Caffeneta", a new bike based on the Buccaneer motor and frame. They helped my dealer order the exhaust system for me. That part has a month or more wait, because it's from overseas. But everything that was an SSR part they had in stock and shipped it fast to my dealer.

Charles.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #43

Well, that's some positive news. I'll keep my fingers crossed. That said, a CSC-type website would be nice. I used to "click and order" on the old Qlink site. It was very convenient.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
So you ran the brozz at 8200rpm for many miles and basically hit the rev limiter downhill on a completely untouched brozz? Thats what you would get with 17/46 sprockets and a 110/90-17 rear tire.

Was this going off of the stock speedo by chance? Something quite renowned on chinese bikes to be rather optimistic.

Yes Sir--stock 17/46 open throttle for miles. I don't remember what RPM I was at though. I ride 85 and 316 on my way home both are 65+ roads so its full throttle the whole way to keep up with traffic. Speedo went from 65-73 depending on incline/decline. I weigh 215 lbs. Now its possible that the speedo is not accurate because I did not test with GPS. My brother just got a brozz out in St. Louis and he texted me 63/64 uphill and 74 mph downhill at 8500 rpms.

I'll have to add a top speed video soon to the Peace youtube channel soon.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSportsAtlanta View Post
Yes Sir--stock 17/46 open throttle for miles. I don't remember what RPM I was at though. I ride 85 and 316 on my way home both are 65+ roads so its full throttle the whole way to keep up with traffic. Speedo went from 65-73 depending on incline/decline. I weigh 215 lbs. Now its possible that the speedo is not accurate because I did not test with GPS. My brother just got a brozz out in St. Louis and he texted me 63/64 uphill and 74 mph downhill at 8500 rpms.

I'll have to add a top speed video soon to the Peace youtube channel soon.
Jeff, that is quite impressive performance.