Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #16

Since it looks like I will be moving back to AZ, I will be seriously considering the Lifa X Pect 200. I am intrigued by the fuel injection feature.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #17

Another video from the same guy. This time he was at 4900 msnm and it is a stock cg 150 with the OG air filter. Also the bike was fully loaded with gear for the travel.

If you follow the advices you find in this forum and take care of the bike, it will last for a life time.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
This guy got a chinese motorcycle with a CG 150 and he did the whole Ruta 40, which is an Argentinian Road that crosses the whole country, about 3700 miles of non paved road.

Wow...that is quite impressive!

Old 04-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I agree with everything above.
The CG motor is bullet proof. Funny thing... Everyone is always chasing top speed. What you're asking the TT250 to do is pretty much what it's designed for.
I wouldn't say that many of us are entirely chasing top speed so much as trying to get the bike to a point where it will chug along at 60 to 65 without spinning the motor hard at 8000rpm and the throttle wide open, while still having the ability to go a bit faster if needed.

I would say I have my bike right where I want it in that regard.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #20

after reading alot from the guys on here and being kind of the redneck of the bunch not being afraid to ring the bike out if you want top speed go 17,45 or47 if you want consistant speed and less stress to the bike go the 15,16,17 .40 route that jerry hawk does if you dont mind switching the front sprocket depending on what kinda riding your gonna do that day.
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 04-26-2019, 11:46 PM   #21

I think the tt will likely serve you well stock. no gearing change or anything. Mine runs good. at the 200 mile mark. I am opposite of most I have been chasing hill climbing gearing. 14/56 comb is what I have settle on.

Quality seems just fine, the only thing I have found odd is the stock rear sprocket is offset, and this causes the chain to wear the inside of the front sprocket with the rear wheel lined up properly. I just put a straight rear sprocket on with no spacers and things look perfect, chain nice and straight, wheel straight.
I wonder why Zong puts a offset rear sprocket.
Mine the electric starter seems to struggle to start the bike, battery checks out good. Always starts, cold I think the starter should spin the engine over better than it does.
I too had sticker shock and that was looking at used dual sports. I did finally find a good deal on a DR200 for my wife, which fits her better than the tt. it's got 20 hp.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter338 View Post
I too had sticker shock and that was looking at used dual sports. I did finally find a good deal on a DR200 for my wife, which fits her better than the tt. it's got 20 hp.
the only thing about the dr 200 is that it only has 9.5ft lbs of torque compared to the hawk and tt's 13.5 and when it comes to hill climbs torque wins the race
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 04-27-2019, 06:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter338 View Post
I think the tt will likely serve you well stock. no gearing change or anything. Mine runs good. at the 200 mile mark. I am opposite of most I have been chasing hill climbing gearing. 14/56 comb is what I have settle on.

Quality seems just fine, the only thing I have found odd is the stock rear sprocket is offset, and this causes the chain to wear the inside of the front sprocket with the rear wheel lined up properly. I just put a straight rear sprocket on with no spacers and things look perfect, chain nice and straight, wheel straight.
I too was wondering if just the stock set-up wouldn’t be just fine, especially since I’ll be pretty much 90% on the road. I even thought of the RX3, because I like to cruise and chill sometimes out for the mental benefit (I’ve never seen a motorcycle parked outside of a psychologist’s office). I’m not planning to rag it out. I take meticulous care of my stuff.

The sprocket offset is really weird. Seems like they did a run of them like this. Some folks complain about that, others don’t. Maybe they had QC issues at that time on that particular part of the assembly line for a while. (?)

I will say this, I’m a part of several other online forums, and I’m convinced that the “Chinese is garbage” statements are garbage statements. Just last night, there were multiple Yamaha TW200 owners in their FB page complaining that when they bought their bike brand new from the dealership that they lost bolts on the way home, etc., because the dealership didn’t properly assemble the bike. The older riders were saying the same things you guys regularly say “check all the bolts, locktite them”, etc.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:13 AM   #24

CSC backs there product! I love my 2019 TT. Plenty of power with mods. Im 170lbs. and with my mods it will do 68mph. It cruises nicely at 60mph. I have no problems going up hills in 5th gear at cruising speed and I even pass people! With a little tweaking this bike is perfect and out of the box it is great also. Oh and having a fuel gauge is friggin sweet too.
2019 CSC TT250- Mikuni clone carb: 115 main, 27.5 pilot, ebay exhaust, 2 stage foam pod filter, emissions delete , CSC rear rack, 17/45 gearing, Rotella T4 15W-40, 68mph gps confirmed. 300' above sea level

Old 04-27-2019, 07:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgasgas1224 View Post
the only thing about the dr 200 is that it only has 9.5ft lbs of torque compared to the hawk and tt's 13.5 and when it comes to hill climbs torque wins the race
It's got plenty of power. Having rode both bikes, the dr will out run the tt no problem. I geared it low for trail riding so it will climb a wall. Max. speed is about 40 mph, sounds good at 35 mph. no tach.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:42 PM   #26

The sprocket offset is really weird. Seems like they did a run of them like this. Some folks complain about that, others don’t. Maybe they had QC issues at that time on that particular part of the assembly line for a while. (?)
Only about $30 for new straight sprocket, I just put a 56T on my bike.

I will say this, I’m a part of several other online forums, and I’m convinced that the “Chinese is garbage” statements are garbage statements.
I have no complaints about the CSC tt250, compared to the 2006 DR200, I can't say one is much better than the other. in certain areas both have their
+ & - issues. It's toss up for me. The TT fits me better and DR fits my wife better for size. I like the 50lbs lighter DR for my wife, new rider.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
I will say this, I’m a part of several other online forums, and I’m convinced that the “Chinese is garbage” statements are garbage statements. Just last night, there were multiple Yamaha TW200 owners in their FB page complaining that when they bought their bike brand new from the dealership that they lost bolts on the way home, etc., because the dealership didn’t properly assemble the bike.
Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki they have their focus on bigger motorcycles 500cc and UP. So unless it's an competition motorcycle CRF 250x, Yz 250, KXF250 they are most likely to outsource the parts mfg to a chinese or indian company and then have the motorcycle assambled in Brazil, India, Thailand or some other country that has cheap labour (so they can keep a low price per unit).

Let me give you an example of this, i have an 1990 KMX 125 2T. It was made in Japan 29 years ago, even after those year you can still the see the quality on the mfg. Now when you take a look to the Honda XR 250 (SA Version) made in 2019, it looks quite nice, but the quality is not even near a japanese motorcycle... HELL Honda still fits DRUM brakes to the XR250, when my KMX 125 had Disc brake in both wheels...

From my point of view, when we are talking about small cc motorcycles buying a japanese brand is not worth the price anymore.

Old 03-02-2024, 12:34 AM   #28

Hi all.
Sorry to dig up this thread but the TT250 just calls my name.
Anyway, living in SoCal, I'll need to use the Interstates sometimes and that means maintaining 65mph-in the right lane anyway. Sure it CAN do 65 and I don't care about top-speed. But with a 45T rear, can it comfortably maintain 65 all day on a level road? Or maybe other cars can tolerate me @60 in the right lane? I'm worried about abusing the reliable engine. I think my weight also makes a difference, so I hope 180# is low enough without needing another diet.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by enewmen View Post
Hi all.
Sorry to dig up this thread but the TT250 just calls my name.
Anyway, living in SoCal, I'll need to use the Interstates sometimes and that means maintaining 65mph-in the right lane anyway. Sure it CAN do 65 and I don't care about top-speed. But with a 45T rear, can it comfortably maintain 65 all day on a level road? Or maybe other cars can tolerate me @60 in the right lane? I'm worried about abusing the reliable engine. I think my weight also makes a difference, so I hope 180# is low enough without needing another diet.
At the absolute least, I think you’d want to install the jet kit that CSC sells for the stock carburetor. The bike comes so lean in bone stock condition that it significantly hampers rideability. I only rode mine completely stock for less than 10 miles before I installed the CSC jet kit. I used the #40 pilot jet, a 112 main jet, put the jet needle clip in the middle groove, and the adjustable mixture screw at 1-1/4 turns out. The bike was remarkably better with those settings but still choked at higher speeds by the poor engine breathing. I opted to step up the performance by installing the Motocult stage 3 kit and then re-jetting the carburetor to match. That resulted in a much better performance improvement. I’ve since installed a Nibbi 28mm flange type carburetor. Looking back now, I think the Nibbii carb even on the otherwise stock bike might be enough to get what you’re looking for. I got the plain aluminum bodied Nibbi from Amazon for $61.99. It’s nearly a bolt-on deal, but does require some fiddling with the throttle cable. You’ll also remove the handlebar mounted choke lever and choke cable when installing the Nibbi carb as the Nibbi uses a pull-up knob to actuate a cold start enrichment circuit in the carb that takes the place of a choke plate.