Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #1

A concern about seat height...

Gents,

As I've already posted, I'm between the TT250 & the Brozz 250 Blue Eagle. However, I'm @ 5'8" with a 30" inseam and the seat height of the TT & Brozz = 34 inches. When I sat on the Yamaha WR250R, with it's 36.6 inch seat height, that definitely was a no-go for me. I was wondering how the 34 inch height would feel. I just wish I could sit on one of these bikes.

Are any of you my height and doing ok with your Brozz/TTs or do you tiptoe it quite a bit?

I love the seat height of the Yamaha TW200 (31.1 inches), but don't like the price out the door. Yeah, I know you can't get a decent one used, but I just don't want to risk buying a ragged out bike. I prefer to purchase motorcycles new. I also want to buy a new bike outright without financing it, and getting a Chinese motorcycles is pretty much the only way to go if this ole' boy wants to do that. I'm sure you understand.

Thanks for your input!

Old 05-29-2019, 06:22 PM   #2

Hi Sir,
I looked at the brozz and the bms250crp, fairly comparable seat heights. we bought the bms250. you will find on my posts that we lowered the bms with the 280mm shock, and lowered the front end, and cut the seat. check out northrider posts as well as they did the same. 2lZ has the tt250 csc and can answer that for you. The main reason for the bms was tire size and we will use it more for offroad. The bms is a little less expensive than the tt250. You may get away with a seat cut....csc offer a lower seat fro what couple hundred bucks, but only includes the material and the foam. There is a video on northrider post about a guy cutting a seat. Hope that helps....any more questions you can pm me ok. Keep in mind I am not an expert like 2lz or megadan or jerryhawk, or many of the other masters on this site. But we did enjoy the journey and the assembly journey of the bms250. hope that helps! keep us updated on this site....thanks
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 05-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Hi Sir,
I looked at the brozz and the bms250crp, fairly comparable seat heights. we bought the bms250. you will find on my posts that we lowered the bms with the 280mm shock, and lowered the front end, and cut the seat. check out northrider posts as well as they did the same. 2lZ has the tt250 csc and can answer that for you. The main reason for the bms was tire size and we will use it more for offroad. The bms is a little less expensive than the tt250. You may get away with a seat cut....csc offer a lower seat fro what couple hundred bucks, but only includes the material and the foam. There is a video on northrider post about a guy cutting a seat. Hope that helps....any more questions you can pm me ok. Keep in mind I am not an expert like 2lz or megadan or jerryhawk, or many of the other masters on this site. But we did enjoy the journey and the assembly journey of the bms250. hope that helps! keep us updated on this site....thanks
Thanks my man! Blessings!

Old 05-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #4

LOL! Masters.... Nah. Just further down the "mistake road" than some.

The TT250 low seat.... Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's only the foam and cover. Yes, the cover is of a superior quality....which also makes it TOUGH to upholster yourself, if you don't have a steamer, etc... I'm 6', beer belly, and the TT250 low seat is like sitting in a bucket to me. The wife likes it and that's what matters though.

My suggestion would be is to follow wedooit's lead on the shock and seat. Try shaving the seat first before you change the shock. May be just right for you.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-30-2019, 08:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
LOL! Masters.... Nah. Just further down the "mistake road" than some.
Hell I can't even see the on ramp for this road in my rear view mirror anymore.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #6

The Lifan X-Pect 200 has finally been released. It is listed at 32.7" in the specs. I am only 5' 7" but have figured out how to sit on and ride these 'giant' bikes, but that was because back in '91 I had a Suzuki DR250s (most awesome bike ever!! LOL) which taught me how to compensate on a tall bike. I am seriously considering buying the Lifan myself; not because of the seat height but rather their intriguing fuel injection on a Chinese engine that will probably actually work as designed based on their other recent street bikes they have released (the KP 200, KPR 200, KP Mini 150, and Lycan 250), and the fact that I have been around Chinariders.net (in fact when this site was formed) to remember all the raves of Lifan's GY-5 200cc dual-sport (Frostbite who founded this site had two of the bikes--this site was created from Lifan's GY-5) had at the time. Yes, Lifan left the US for a few years, but they have come back with a vengeance as of late. https://www.americanlifan.com/x-pect/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-30-2019, 09:07 PM   #7

The x-pect and Lycan look like good strong entries back into the mix.....just wish the handlebars on the lycan didn't look goofy. Another competitor is always good for innovation, increased quality and price comparisons.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 01-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #8

Im a 12 year old and 5´4, will it fit me?

Old 01-11-2022, 12:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameetalwaysrides View Post
Im a 12 year old and 5´4, will it fit me?
Do you know your inseam?
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"