Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #1

Gio X31 build-up thread

Ok, for those of you who have followed my few posts, You know what I am all about. Do it once, do it right and enjoy a cold one instead of doing the job twice!

I bought my Gio x31, never had much of a problem with it.

Right out of the box it got a GOOD carb cleaning and new fuel lines with a good filter.

Then it got lights and a switch.

It just got new sprocket bolts and a good thourough carb cleaning and suspension lubing.

This winter I am going ALL out!!

I am stripping the bike down to the bare frame and it is being sandblasted and powercoated with a nice baby blue glossy finish.

I just ordered an 18 tooth front drive sprocket...that will increase the top speed a tad. I am going to TRY and get my hands on a higher compression piston....maybe 10 - 11:1 to up the ante a little with the name brands lol.

The front tire on the bike is just like new, but I am not so crazy about the drive tire....I am going to replace it with a Kenda Millville....Might do both to say it's done.

I already got my red plastics ordered, and I am going to drop them off to my buddy who is going to have his dad's sign shop sticker them up to look EXACELY like the older CR honda's graphics.

Once the frame is done, the bike is being assembeled with ALL hardened stainless fasteners.....and about a gallon of blue loctite lol.

Any opinions or ideas will be welcomed on this. I am always looking for ways to improve things....some say it's why I have no fingernails and permanent grease stains on my hands.

I shouldn't have ANY problem doing this ability wise, but time will be a factor. I am also building a de-compressed, hot pumped, BIG single turboed, intercooled 7.3 mechanically indriectly injected diesel....not a powerstroke, but one of the old non turbo International diesel engines that used to come in the Ford pickups. I am shooting for 400 flywheel horsepower in her and I am dropping that into a 1994 F350 crew cab long box that I am converting from gas, automatic 2wd to a diesel, standard 4x4 with all rebuild parts..

..I don't know why I do these kinds of things to myself lol.