Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #1

New Bike on the Truck...but which bike! LOL

For those who havn't seen my recent postings since I ordered on April 3rd, a quick summary. Ordered a black and white "SLD-200GY" from Olson Powersports.net on morning of April 3rd. After not hearing anything for a few days, sent some emails etc. and discovered that the "SLD-200GY " is a Sunl, exactly like the one that had just been received by another member...HOWEVER, after hearing zip from Olson, I contacted SUNL and was told to my horror that Olson was NOT a dealer of SUNL's. .....
Now, getting that "uh oh, sick to the stomach" kind of feeling, I made multiple calls and sent emails to Olson and got a very nice and specific note back and call from Brandon Olson, who runs the shop. he informed me that the salesman had made a mistake, but that I would in fact be receiving an "SLD 200GY from the warehouse in Houson and would have confirmation of shipment by the 16th. Well, low and behold I got a note from Paypal showing that a bike (no model designation) but weighing 320 lbs (including the crate I hope LOL) had been picked up by SAIA shipping from Hanma LLC in Houston. sooooooo, I check online and sure enough, there is a Hanma USA at that address with a full webstie including parts listings and the whole shebang. here's the site.

http://www.hanmausa.com/index.php?os...d1f198&cPath=9

The interesting part is that they show in their catalog three different 200 enduros...not a one of which is designated "SLD200GY"...instead, they have three different "DB200...." models, one of which is a GY, but doesn't show black/white as a color option.LOL.

So, lets have a pool Who wants to guess what actually shows up? LOL.
Delivery date from SAIA is the 22nd sooooo, I have that long to speculate. When it does get here, I'll put up a bunch of photos as we put the thing together, whatever it turns out to be.

Last thing, take a look at that DB35L which I believe is a 350cc or thereabouts model...wonder what that costs...

oh one more comment...you might wonder why I don't seem to be more bothered by the apparent discrepancy between the order and what Hanma apparently has for sale...at the moment I'm just relieved to find out after shelling out the money, that there is a real company, a real truck with some kind of real bike heading my way... :mrgreen:

Seer

Old 04-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #2

I'll bite.......

I bet this is the one you will get:
HANMA-DB-200GY
But it'll be yellow.........
Why do I say that.........just 'cause it ain't listed as an option :twisted:

Let's hope it's not one of those KUNG FU Sport bikes.......UUUUGGGGLLLEEE :!:
Bill

Old 04-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #3

Re: New Bike on the Truck...but which bike! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas
oh one more comment...you might wonder why I don't seem to be more bothered by the apparent discrepancy between the order and what Hanma apparently has for sale...at the moment I'm just relieved to find out after shelling out the money, that there is a real company, a real truck with some kind of real bike heading my way... :mrgreen:

Seer
As I read your post I kept thinking...
He sure does have a great attitude about this!

I will guess this one:
Hanma-DB-200B

That's black and white...I think.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #4

I was looking at that DB35L and couldn't help but wonder...is that a mirror or a cable? 8O

I was also wondering what the prize is for winning the "which bike is on the truck?" pool.
I will accept a new, or even used, EX650R. Thanks!
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #5

2006 gy with a 5 on the front....green
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #6

thats the prize...and my guess.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #7

My guess- Black and white MDL-200gy non inverted forks, larger headlight and a scratch on the front fender.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #8

Gosh, Seer, didn't you do ANY research on the net before ordering from Olson?! They have a HORRIBLE reputation! Ripoffreport.com and many other sites are loaded with horror stories, all basically saying the same thing: Long delivery time; items not as described; no post-sale support.

And to everyone: NEVER pay for a major purchase with PayPal!!!! You do nopt get the same protection from PayPal on independent websites that you would get from an Ebay purchase made with PayPal.(and they offer virtually no protection on vehicle purchases, even on Ebay)

Always pay with a credit card, so that you have complete protection via chargebacks.

And don't buy from these disreputable dealers!!

I hope it works out well for you, Seer.....sometimes ya get lucky.

Here's my guess:

Old 04-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #9

Hey Bug, do you still have your shipping invoice? or packing sheet etc? How much did the bike in crate weigh? Same for anyone else following this thread who has received some variation of these 200cc enduro bikes.

Mine says 320 lbs. soooo, I'm hoping that eliminates the lawnmotor scooter

And yeah, I should have checked olson before, but the major complaint I saw was from a guy who was expecting a full dealership, local warranty repair center etc. It appears that the vast majority of people selling these bikes are simply web sites sending off drop shipment orders to a handful of actual warehouse/importers. A bike in a crate is pretty much a bike in a crate. Going to come down to the warehouse and shipper's handling and Saia is a quality shipping company so I remain hopeful. Furthermore, may have lucked out with Hamna as they appear to be a pretty big operation, and stock parts with part lists etc. accessible from the web. If I had had a dealer down the street that would've been different but no such luck.

In any event, the drama builds. myself I'm guessing a red or blue 200gy as those seem to be the most common colors. I'm also guessing the delay was more than likely due to waiting on an actual shipment to arrive, as the purchase process appears to have been completely automated, so who knows, maybe I'll get one of the 'latest and greatest' right off the boat...or, maybe it took them a week to find an old one in the back of the warehouse....LOL. In any event, 320 lbs worth of something is heading my way. got an update this morning on the Saia website where I can track the truck's progress

One last thing, I have it in writing from Olson a pretty fair parts warranty. I pull the defective part, send to them, they send a replacement. Hopefully won't need it but its pretty straight forward on paper, and since I have a cousin in Texas who is a pretty fair attorney.....

We'll just have to wait and see but in the meantime its funny how much I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to see what actually shows up LOL.

seer

Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #10

Quote:
the major complaint I saw was from a guy who was expecting a full dealership
Yeah, I just disregard complaints like that. What I saw..all over the web, was complaints about long shipping times (it appears Olson just uses dropshippers); not getting the bike pictured in the ad...and worst of all...no support or post-sale service (i.e. no parts available under warranty).

If you can deal directly with Hamna for warranty parts/missing parts, etc. it might not be too bad. (From what I've read, Olson operates his business from his wife's clothing store...and is just a channel for dropshippers)

...and I know (from trying to get some info about one of the models he advertises) he doesn't answer the phone.

You've got guts...rolling the dice with over $1,000 of your money and not knowing what you'll be getting.....

Old 04-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #11

You might get the very first china bike with pink camo plastics
This is almost like a lottery 8O

Old 04-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Hey Bug, do you still have your shipping invoice? or packing sheet etc? How much did the bike in crate weigh?

seer

I did not order mine from Olson. The shipping paperwork showed the create weighed 300lbs

Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
You might get the very first china bike with pink camo plastics
The Chinese sellers really need to get with it, as far as posting accurate pics of their vehicles!

Everyone shows this pic of the Vbike 300 M "Monster".....

(in reality, a Taotao 300-A1)...but NO ONE has it in this nice green! (Some say they have green...but it's a puke "army" green)

I like that I can call Tim at Vbike and ascertain exactly what colors he has and ensure that I get the one I order...but these websites with "pick an alternate color..and pic an alternate alternate" are ridiculous (& that's the way it is if you order through Vbike's site, too)- When I'm ordering something and paying money for it, I want it in the color and configuration I order....I don't want to roll the dice and see what comes my way!

Old 04-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #14

i bet you get exactly what you ordered,,,,, so im a glass half full, and nobody has guessed it might go right
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #15

Phil, i think you posted you have a couple of lifan's. Assuming they're still in the crate, what did they show as gross shipping weight? If bug's Hsun 200GY was 300 and mine's 320, then loooks like something different is on its way. I've noticed that the metal frames they come packed in are of several different designs.

Seer
(crossing fingers and toes in Canyonville LOL)

8O