Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #1

Recall Notice 2015-2016 RX3

Hey guys! Sorry for my long absence. I relocated to NY state and finally got all settled in. More about that at another time.

I just came across this recall notice. It basically is just a Brake Fluid sticker that is missing and will throw you out of compliance to state laws.
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reca...e/#more-125617

Figured I would share if you have not already seen it. I have to go check my bike. For those that do not want to click on the link...here is what is said:

"CSC Motorcycles is recalling 392 units of its Cyclone model, as the motorcycles might not have a label that reminds the owners to clean the brake reservoir before adding brake fluid. and to use DOT 4 brake fluid from a sealed container.
The recall affects only 2015 and 2016 CSC Cyclone models, which were manufactured between April 4, 2015 and November 10, 2016, and comes about because the motorcycles thus fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 122, “Motorcycle Brake Systems”.
This is because the absence of this label could lead a CSC Cyclone owner to fill their bike with the wrong brake fluid, which could result in a crash, the recall has been issued.
As such, CSC Motorcycles will notify affected owners, and will provide the customer with the missing label, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin this month, December 2016.
Concerned owners may contact CSC Motorcycles’ customer service department at 1-800-884-4173, and reference CSC’s number for this recall: 16-0023810-18747-10."

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!