Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #1

APSC is listing another China bike.

This one has been on the website for a couple weeks. I was hoping the info would be updated. Does anyone recognize this bike under a different name?

http://www.apscusa.com/New-2015-Blaz...le-_p_557.html

/

Old 11-21-2015, 10:15 PM   #2

Maybe this one there was another pic of it from the front and it looked the same.

http://gokartsusa.com/Apollo-250-Dirt-Bike.aspx

Old 11-21-2015, 10:56 PM   #3

Yeh man that looks exactly like the same bike. The Apollo off road only is very well known for being a nice bike. I wonder if this is the same bike but street legal.

/

Old 11-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #4

Holy crap its a good deal at that GoKart USA website. Less than $1,200.00 on sale and free shipping with a whole bunch of free gifts. Almost too good a deal to pass up.

/

Old 11-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #5

That looks exactly like my KPZ Z-200 did without turn signals. Mine is 10 years old and still running strong.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #6

Yep, another Hondoid....and a good deal. Looks like my old X-moto....but with a drum rear brake. The only way to tell who's the main manu on it is by the VIN....if you're lucky and also, you never really know how old these bikes may be until you purchase and they have to record the paperwork. I bought my "new" X-moto, almost four years old. They have a tendency to float from warehouse to warehouse by wholesalers before being sold.

The way it was explained to me by my CB guy here in Sac (and culcune may be able to straighten me out on this) is that the Chinese don't have "companies", like Honda, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson, etc...who produce their own individual and distinct motorcycles. The motorcycle factories are owned by the provinces there (think states here) and the provinces and the bosses (think Governors here) compete with each other to produce basically many of the same motorcycles, Hondoids for instance. He said that you can see the difference in quality more in the welding and detail work, from province to province, than you can anything else. Some build their own Hondoid motors while other factories procure their motors from other engine plants like Zong, Lifan, Loncin, etc.... Both Zongshen and Quingki(sp? - Q Link, SSR) seem to be the more stand-alone, sole source manufacturers in China....and also produce the highest quality, but more expensive products.

So, the age old China Bike question of "who builds this bike?"...may never have a solid answer, especially when dealing with a Hondoid. You may give up some quality on fit and finish, but the bikes are inexpensive, the motors are bullet proof, and parts can be bought anywhere online for pocket change.

Keep in mind, as bikes like Hawk, TMEC, CSC and other companies come into play, who are bringing a much higher standard of quality to fit and finish on these Hondoids, expect the prices to climb as well.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #7

The pictures do show a rear drum brake but the bike description says disc front and rear.

/

Old 11-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #8

My hondoid starts first kick and has been running like a champ for 10 years. Sadly most of the plastic and frame has vibrated off or failed in one way or another, lol. constant battle to McGyver things back on or look for replacements.
I did just find my old parts catalogue while cleaning out my garage. There help tremendously when trying to locate bolt sizes etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0846.jpg (96.1 KB, 284 views)

Old 11-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDSRIDER View Post
Maybe this one there was another pic of it from the front and it looked the same.

http://gokartsusa.com/Apollo-250-Dirt-Bike.aspx
The info on this web page says it has inverted forks, but the photo shows conventional forks with gaitors. Typical misinformation on a Chinabike?

Old 11-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #10

There is another thread here somewhere where a person talks about this bike. He called the seller and they gave him the part of the vin that shows the maker. I checked that three letter code and it shows it is a Bashan. If you go to APSC website, and find where they show a deal if you buy two, the do shoe some info. It appears to be a counter balanced engine by the fins on the front of the engine cases. I am looking at this bike due to the Hawk having problems getting licensed in some states.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgibsonaz View Post
My hondoid starts first kick and has been running like a champ for 10 years. Sadly most of the plastic and frame has vibrated off or failed in one way or another, lol. constant battle to McGyver things back on or look for replacements.
I did just find my old parts catalogue while cleaning out my garage. There help tremendously when trying to locate bolt sizes etc
I wonder what happened to KPX's extensive parts stockpile? They were quite happy on their website to mention that they had lots of parts, showed photos, and I remember an old blog from a guy in Tucson documenting his ownership of a 150cc version over several months mentioned going to KPX's Tucson headquarters and seeing a whole slew of parts.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #12

hey jin, i think you were referring to my post http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15493

that wmi is nhtsa registered and that manufacture is dot approved. im going to follow up with my dmv contact with a sample vin to determine for sure that it can be registered in CT.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #13

Plastics...

To mgibson....
If you follow the advice of weld and spud, you can get new plastics from taobao... Use the agent, from a website such as taobaotrends.com..
I'll help if I can, here is a link if you're interested....

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...2-6075e78bdbfe

The SET runs about $35 USD, plus whatever the shipping comes to..

Just thinking you might be interested..

1985 Kawasaki Gpz 750 turbo
1983 Kawasaki Gpz 750
2007 Hi-bird QH250-gy
2008 Suzuki RMz250

Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #14

That would be awesome, thx for the tip. I will see if I can read more and learn to navigate the website to order these.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #15

Nevernuf, what key words did you search for?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer