Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposur View Post
I hit some really thick mud in 2nd gear and the bike dropped out of gear and into neutral.
Sounds like a good thing, if the mud was that thick going into neutral would have reduced strain on the gears.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #32

Re: false neutral under load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
Sounds like a good thing, if the mud was that thick going into neutral would have reduced strain on the gears.
Hitting a false neutral under load:
Heavy mud
Loss of momentum
Face Plant

With the exception of RPS avoiding a warranty repair, what part of this embarrassment is "a good thing"?
2017 TaoTao CY50-B scooter 79cc big bore kit - 45 MPH! (sold)
2015 Haosen Hawk (sold)
2002 Honda XR100R - project bike almost done.
2013 V-Strom 650 Adventure (sold )-:

If I listed every bike that I've ever owned you'd either
1) Get bored
2) Be somewhat envious, or
3) Wonder: "What's wrong with that guy?"

Old 11-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR_Sprocket View Post
Hitting a false neutral under load:
Heavy mud
Loss of momentum
Face Plant

With the exception of RPS avoiding a warranty repair, what part of this embarrassment is "a good thing"?
I don't know what happened and can only speculate. I do know that heavy mud is a real problem for any vehicle. If the viscosity is high enough, the vehicle will get sucked in -- either a mechanical component will snap, or it will slip into neutral. Thick mud will bring tanks to a screeching halt.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #34

update on hawk

Well 600miles seems to be the sweet spot for the bikes. It finally feels broken in. Shifting nicely and everything, operating smoothy. Need to tighten the chain up however as it gets stuck in nuetral quite often when up shifting into 2nd.

Took the bike to an offroad park today and boy was it it fun. The hawk can really handle some serious off roading!
I hit a few small jumps, nothing extreme, did a few steep hill climbs and drops as well as constant mud water runs in about 1-2 feet of water. After doing the jumps my chain fell off a few times as it was already loose to begin with.

Ended the day with going through what i thought was a small puddle but was almost 3 feet deep and my shifter got caught in orange netting fence. I went down underwater and bike completely submerged. After struggling to get it out of the water and fixing the bent shifter, to my surprise bike started and rode off no problem.

What a great day and the bike took a beating like a champ. No bent wheels, or blown suspension or anything broken besides the bent shifter from getting tangled in the fence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151108_155706.jpg (97.0 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg 20151108_164808.jpg (97.7 KB, 514 views)
File Type: jpg 20151108_153522.jpg (97.1 KB, 515 views)

Old 11-09-2015, 12:50 AM   #35

The amount of punishment these Hondoids can take is impressive.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #36

????

ok so i have been looking into getting a 2015 hawk. i have seen that it needs a new carb and sprockets. does anyone know where i can get these and if i should even try to get one of these bikes for that work.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #37

You can get both the sprocket and the carb from ebay and/or amazon. If it was me, I would wait and see how it runs. The stock carb is a Kehin clone, and some are replacing it with a Mikuni clone. Why? I thin k because there is more chances of locating carb jets at any nearby motorcycle dealer. Although, the Harley dealer I used to work at stocked jets for both brands.

You can do a search for carb and sprocket info here. Lots of threads on them. You can also get jets for the stock carb from the same sources. But, the stock one seems to come with the float bowl riveted on. No big deal to drill out those rivets and replace with screws. A few here have rejetted that stock carb and are happy.

Don't think I'll e buying the Hawk, as I am concerned it won't get licensed in Hawaii.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #38

Do these bikes come with no decals or did you remove them? Thanks

Old 09-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn66 View Post
Do these bikes come with no decals or did you remove them? Thanks
This thread is old. His bikes may not of come with decals then but they do now, just put a hair dryer to them and take them off.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #40

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
This thread is old. His bikes may not of come with decals then but they do now, just put a hair dryer to them and take them off.
Thank you. Have a great weekend