Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #1

Question Suzuki TU250X vs CSC SG250

Ok so the biggest benefit of paying extra cash for a Japanese bike is because of its reliability.

There is no doubt that Chinese bikes have come a long way, and I found this quote from CSC.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2018/05/2...fe-racer-1995/
“People questioned the quality and reliability of a Chinese motorcycle,” Seidner said. “That perception is no longer an issue for us."

Are Chinese motorcyles (CSC SG250 in particular) just as reliable as Suzuki TU250X?

I am comparing these two bikes because CSC SG250 and Suzuki TU250X share so many things in common.

If you look at the style, they are very similar.
Engine displacement, horse power, torque, acceleration, top speed, if you look at the spec sheet and compare them side by side, they are VERY SIMILAR.

The only thing that's not similar is the price.
CSC SG250 = $1,995
Suzuki TU250X = $4,599

Do you think the TU250X is still worth more than double of CSC SG250?
Because if CSC SG250 is indeed, just as reliable as TU250X, that kinda defeats the purpose of getting a Japanese bike.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

no i think it comes down to personal preference,the jap bike will hold the value longer then the china bike ,if you like working on your own bikes then the china bike is the way to go ,if you want to resale it 2 years from now the jap bike will be more attractive the chine bike wil go for like half right after you buy it ,so if your going to keep it ,get the china bike ,i lost alot on jap bikes low miles tradeing or selling for loss anyway,personal choice i think ,for me why i am choosing the hawk 250 its becouse not as much to lose if i keep it,or if it breaks

Old 06-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #3

TU250X all day long. It will cruise the interstates with my fat arse at 70mph. The CB will not. Also, the FI on the TU gives a great boost in fuel mileage and power.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #4

if you are going to be the first owner of the chinese bike i don't think there is a issue..
but when the chinese bike gets milage and age on it they can't compaire with a jap bike..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 06-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #5

All of the above are true, but keep in mind that CSC is head and shoulders above most any and every Chinabike thanks to their unique sales and service business model. If you don't need it for interstates, consider the CSC, for price of course. I would have a difficult decision between the TT250 vs. a low end enduro from Suzuki or whoever else because I like enduros; however, I would lean towards the Suzuki as far as street bikes go, such as the TU250 vs. the CSC SG, if I was looking for a street bike. But my riding would involve freeways and interstates.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #6

2000 vs 4600? That's a pretty enticing argument
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-25-2018, 09:54 PM   #7

CSC quoted me $600 to ship to me on the big island of Hawaii.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:31 PM   #8

Are you safe from the volcano, Jon? The eruption is all over the news.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:41 AM   #9

So far we're okay. We can see the red glow at night from our yard. We're maybe 10 miles from Leilani, where a lot of the action is.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
TU250X all day long. It will cruise the interstates with my fat arse at 70mph. The CB will not. Also, the FI on the TU gives a great boost in fuel mileage and power.
Honestly, I wouldn't even take the CSC stated top speed to heart. I bet with a larger front or smaller rear sprocket the SG250 could achieve the same speeds as the TU250X. Similar horsepower, and the SG is dismensionally smaller and lighter if the specs are to be believed.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't even take the CSC stated top speed to heart. I bet with a larger front or smaller rear sprocket the SG250 could achieve the same speeds as the TU250X. Similar horsepower, and the SG is dismensionally smaller and lighter if the specs are to be believed.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #12

I'm not sure what you mean by resale value being less for the SG250 because the purchase price is also less. That's like saying the resale value of a KIA is less then a Bugatti, a used KIA has a loss in the thousands, a used Bugatti will have a loss of tens or hundreds of thousands, therefore a Bugatti has a much lower resale value despite the resale price being much higher.

Resale value is the ratio of original OTD purchase price compared to the used sale price. The amount lost in the resale of a SG250 will be less than a TU250 therefore the SG250 has a higher resale value despite the resale amount being less.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:47 PM   #13

Not trying to rain negativity down on the parade here but unless you are only expecting to experience occasional short bursts of hiway / freeway use then you probably shouldn't be too concerned about that capability ,not enough to be a deal breaker anyways, I just don't think there is a 250 anywhere of any kind that will reliably run 70+ mph freeway speeds every day or for long periods and last long ,I've ridden a Honda Rebel in that scenario and while it was doable it was butthole clinchingly nerve racking struggling to run with the traffic. At the end of the day it's a 250 and that is never going to be its strong point, there are many machines 2 and 3 times that displacement that would struggle under prolonged hiway use .

Old 07-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Not trying to rain negativity down on the parade here but unless you are only expecting to experience occasional short bursts of hiway / freeway use then you probably shouldn't be too concerned about that capability ,not enough to be a deal breaker anyways, I just don't think there is a 250 anywhere of any kind that will reliably run 70+ mph freeway speeds every day or for long periods and last long ,I've ridden a Honda Rebel in that scenario and while it was doable it was butthole clinchingly nerve racking struggling to run with the traffic. At the end of the day it's a 250 and that is never going to be its strong point, there are many machines 2 and 3 times that displacement that would struggle under prolonged hiway use .

There are quite a few 250s that will run the interstates at 70+ all day long. There's not many dual sport/enduros that will do it. The main ones is the Yamaha WR250 and the Kawasaki KLX250. There are others but those are the ones I see posted about the most. Both are available as road legal and dirt bike only models.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #15

Percentage-wise, I've done far better on my Chinabike resales than any Japanese bike I've ever owned. Of course, I don't ride and thrash my CB's like I did my Japanese bikes of my younger years either.

I have yet to understand why distance riding a 250 on the freeway is even a subject. If I was going to be laying down lots of miles on straight asphalt, I'd get a bigger bike.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350