Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2023, 11:29 PM   #1186

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtemplar250 View Post
So, has anyone done an oil cooler on the Templar X yet?

I was thinking about this kit, but I'm not sure how to confirm if it will fit the X 6-speed motor?

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Aluminum-Radiator-100CC-250CC-85ml-Silver/dp/B082NSDMBF/ref=psdc_15737301_t2_B07WGVPT3C?th=1
Wouldn't a 125ml cooler be more appropriate for a 250cc? I was looking at this kit but I'm not ready to buy yet.

Old 02-23-2023, 01:18 AM   #1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
Wouldn't a 125ml cooler be more appropriate for a 250cc? I was looking at this kit but I'm not ready to buy yet.
Yeah, that one looks great. Where are you thinking about mounting yours?

Old 02-24-2023, 05:37 PM   #1188

Got all my ducks in a row for a swing at the SC DMV. Miss. They flat balked at the "off road" part on my MCO. So plan B is started to keep seeing if I can get road legal, asking for another MCO.

Old 02-24-2023, 07:27 PM   #1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Got all my ducks in a row for a swing at the SC DMV. Miss. They flat balked at the "off road" part on my MCO. So plan B is started to keep seeing if I can get road legal, asking for another MCO.
It certainly would help if the MCO's came as "motorcycle" rather than "off-road" as a matter of business practice. If it's only going to be used off road only it makes little difference what the paperwork says so why not go with "motorcycle" as the "go to" practice?

Old 02-25-2023, 02:52 AM   #1190

I suspect the bottom of it is companies trying for an end run around some EPA regulations but don't actually know.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:53 PM   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtemplar250 View Post
Yeah, that one looks great. Where are you thinking about mounting yours?
I haven't got that far yet. I'd like to mount the cooler up high in front of the gas tank but haven't measured anything yet.

Old 02-27-2023, 10:33 AM   #1192

Putted around the yard a bit. Not too hard as that back tire is pretty vicious and the yard rather soggy. Parked where I was clearing some brush and the kickstand sank in the grass pretty bad. Then later I parked it in the garage, turned around and it basically fell on me. That's it. After lowering the rear, the kickstand was too long. I cut 3/4" off and it was really no better. Cut another 3/4". Better. Then I found a piece of steel that isn't quite as thick as the original but should be OK. About double the size of the original foot after shaping it. Tacked it to the the kickstand with the bike sitting on it. Then I pulled it back off and welded it all the way around. That spring is no joke to get back on. More better.
Since I did that then I dropped the front forks to the second ring. I'll see how I like that. That minor difference didn't change the kickstand's new effectiveness.
Went on the road a little. Tires feel pretty crappy getting up around 40 mph. Next I guess I'll have to quit putting off looking at the spokes, pressures, and balancing.

Old 02-28-2023, 01:35 PM   #1193

Well the replacement body parts for mine that were shipping damaged came in. Someone even tossed in a new fuel valve for the tank. Unfortunately the plastics are blank, no decals. Duh! I fell this one is on me. They sent me to the letter what I requested, I didn't think to ask about the decals. Also today they notified me a new MSO is on the way so maybe I can register it without having to go to Vermont after all.

Feeling pretty good about their customer service I just put in a parts inquiry about the decals. If they will sell me a set I'll just go ahead and pay for them. I kind of thought I might like to buy a spare set of decals anyway.

Old 02-28-2023, 04:14 PM   #1194

My mail has been weather delayed since last week (guess they no longer delivery mail if there's snow on the ground?), so I stopped by the post office on my way home yesterday. New MCO and BOS were part of the letters they'd been sitting on. Gotta give Maxpro LLC a for their customer service so far.
Yamaha TT-R 50

Old 02-28-2023, 06:30 PM   #1195

Graphics kit arrived!

I got my graphics kit today and to me it looks great. I got to design it, they printed it and sent it to me from England in about a week. It is from Motocal.com
It will be a bit before I can get it on the bike, but since we just got a snowstorm and it is 27 degrees, I guess that is ok...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	28707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Number plate.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	28708  

Old 03-01-2023, 07:58 PM   #1196

Today was a good day!

Got my packages that USPS had been holding hostage, one of which was the adjustment knob (wasn't expecting it to show up for another month). DMV was a breeze! Only thing they asked was what type of motorcycle it was (Sportbike, standard, etc.). Told them "dual sport". Walked out with a shiny new license plate in hand .

More work to be done.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230301_164748[4804].jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	28712
Yamaha TT-R 50

Old 03-01-2023, 08:07 PM   #1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeebleWobble View Post
Today was a good day!

Got my packages that USPS had been holding hostage, one of which was the adjustment knob (wasn't expecting it to show up for another month). DMV was a breeze! Only thing they asked was what type of motorcycle it was (Sportbike, standard, etc.). Told them "dual sport". Walked out with a shiny new license plate in hand .

More work to be done.
Attachment 28712
Alright! I have my last payment to make next Friday and I should be getting my Temp M, week of St Patty's day! I'll post experience, asa I can!

Old 03-02-2023, 10:15 AM   #1198

Figured out my brake light issue. It worked fine, it was on all the time. I failed to notice it was the brake light on with the key and not just the tail light. Pulled the plug on the front switch, nothing. Pulled the wires for the rear switch, aha. After some poking around I noticed the rear brake pedal didn't seem to have much travel. Sort of caught under the engine. I gave it a yank outwards. Full travel back to a normal resting point and the light went off. Probably got bent in like that during shipping. Meaning that, yes, my dumbass has been putting around the back yard probably dragging the rear brake slightly.

Not thrilled with the rear reflector hanging off the fender light a bee sting. I'd like to trim that fender extension but I want to have a rear reflector. Nothing jumping out at me for ideas. Beyond a couple of those little button reflectors that are tag bolts and those don't quite fill the bill.

Old 03-02-2023, 01:41 PM   #1199

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Figured out my brake light issue. It worked fine, it was on all the time. I failed to notice it was the brake light on with the key and not just the tail light. Pulled the plug on the front switch, nothing. Pulled the wires for the rear switch, aha. After some poking around I noticed the rear brake pedal didn't seem to have much travel. Sort of caught under the engine. I gave it a yank outwards. Full travel back to a normal resting point and the light went off. Probably got bent in like that during shipping. Meaning that, yes, my dumbass has been putting around the back yard probably dragging the rear brake slightly.

Not thrilled with the rear reflector hanging off the fender light a bee sting. I'd like to trim that fender extension but I want to have a rear reflector. Nothing jumping out at me for ideas. Beyond a couple of those little button reflectors that are tag bolts and those don't quite fill the bill.
I've made plates that bolts behind the license plate of thin aluminum or best a rubber cut with a triangle shape below the plate to mount the reflector. The movement of the reflector when riding catches the eye I'm told by friends. And go ahead and get the 4 license reflector bolts for an array of reflectors to be more easily seen. I think then you can consider removing the extension. Works for me, good luck.

Old 03-02-2023, 02:27 PM   #1200

Thanks, I was thinking of fabricating something. I'm not Mr.Safety but I like not being run over from behind in the dark.

They sell stuff like these license plate frames but they're pretty gawky and this type in particular seems a bit iffy. https://www.ebay.com/itm/32433391853...3ABFBMysu1vNRh

Not terribly high on my priority list but at some point that little tail hanging down has to go.