Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #1

txpowersports Experience 4/19

Review is now complete!

TL;DR My experience overall was excellent. Overall experience is a 9/10 with small gripes being time to recieve MCO/bill of sale and the shipment packaging quality. Communication was excellent thru out transaction. I would absolutely recommend TX and purchase again without hesitation.

Hey guys, just wanted to share my recent experience with txpowersports. After discovering motocheez I developed quite the Chinese fever. The purchase was the new 2019 TBR7 (rear disc brakes etc).

A little background of myself. I own a small power-sports repair business in TN and have owned every Yamaha quad ever made and many other Japanese and American quads/dirt/street-bikes/SXS's. I have played in the dirt, street and have dabbled with all things engines (RC's, Boats, Heli's you name it).

3/31/2019 (Sunday): I placed my order, using Motocheez product code and rush processing.

4/02/2019 (Monday): I received an email confirmation of product being shipped with tracking number. It stated that within 24-48 hours UPS would update the shipment and be able to track it properly.

4/03/2019 (Tuesday): The tracking number was able to be used and I could now follow the progress of my new TBR7.

4/04/2019 (Wednesday): UPS said it would be delivered 4/05/2019 (Thursday). UPS called me up, told me that they wouldn't be able to deliver to my area (rural) until Monday. Told them I wouldn't mind driving to Bristol Thursday to get it, if it arrives there on schedule. UPS had no issue with this.

4/05/2019 (Thursday): My friend and I (he also ordered one same day) drive down to UPS and pick up our machines (yay)! Overall the shipment time was spot on. 10/10.

4/06/2019 (Saturday): Still haven't received bill of sale/MCO. Spoke with customer support, they said I should receive by Tuesday-Friday. This isn't a huge issue, but definitely something that needs to be worked on. I need to receive my proof of ownership with the bike. Within a day or two is fine but this could potentially (will update) take an entire week after getting the machine. That would be unacceptable to me.

4/12/2019 (Friday): I received my MCO and went to title/register the machine in TN. Sales tax and registration fees were $193 and I had zero issues at the DMV.

Communication: There were several emails between me and tx customer support. They emailed me back Sunday evening at 10pm within an hour of my inquiry. Fantastic prompt feedback on the weekend. 10/10 here no questions about it, really great support. (will update if needed)

Shipment quality: The crate was okay, my friend had a broken weld that was supposed to mount to a dowel rod where the steering bar sits. My front headlight was trapped between front forks and the crate where it was damaged. The damage is fairly mild and nothing a little touch up paint can't fix. My friends bike was fine, but suffered from some scratch marks on gear case (left side). I would rate this a 7/10.

Guys, this bike has surprised me. I've done all of the basic stuff (oil changes, 17th front sprocket, 110 main, chain adj, valve lash, etc) and had no failures yet (100 miles). It's off-road capability is what has surprised me the most. Will link some gopro videos via YouTube when I get the time to get in some edits. Top speed indicated (feels close) is 68 with cruiseability (lol) being around 45-50. Brakes are excellent, suspension is soft and springy but I think can be made to be ok.

Chris

Last edited by PixelJunkie94; 04-24-2019 at 09:29 AM.