Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #1

Shineray 200XY?

Chatting with a guy online for some Subaru parts, he mentions he has a Shineray 200XY. Did a quick search, but does anyone have or had one? 200CC Chonda clone, but anything else that makes it worthy or less than worthy? Prices in your areas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shineray 200 Smaller.jpg (136.5 KB, 166 views)

Old 01-09-2021, 04:24 PM   #2

Many of us had these, or brands that Shineray was the OEM for, who rebadged these. Jetmoto was one such brand who Shineray used to be the OEM for. I believe they used Zongshen sourced engines. Shineray is still around and is a large company, but the only thing we get from them nowadays is the Genuine 400 retro-style motorcycle. I think that all the usual tricks and whatnot will work for the Shineray. Are you thinking about buying it from the guy, or have you already bought it?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-09-2021, 07:15 PM   #3

It might be worth a couple hundred, I'd say up to $800 if in good shape and if a title is available; they're no better or worse than anything on the cheap end made today.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Are you thinking about buying it from the guy, or have you already bought it?
Thinking about buying it. He needs to do some work to it. Threw me an offer of 800, but I am guessing it negotiable. It's not even the middle of winter in Nodak, so there is no rush.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:34 PM   #5

They've kept their value! When Chinariders was in its infancy, most of us--pretty much ALL of us, bought our bikes off Ebay. Most bikes were $1000 to 1100 including shipping. As the years went on, and it appeared the 'trend' of low-cost Chinese bikes was coming to a close, there were closeout deals of certain bikes for $600 to 700. By that time, the Lifan GY-200-5 was coming to market and was among the first Chinese dual-sports to have EPA/DOT certification for 49-states. Most every dual-sport was in the same boat as the current RPS Hawk is today--EPA certified as an 'Off-road dirtbike' but came with street equipment so most states plated them. There were some Chinese dual-sports that were plated in California up to the mid-2000s; we had members here posting about getting their bikes plated--including Shineray 200s, lol. California used to allow plating converted dirtbikes up to around that time, but they plugged up that loophole for good by the later 2000s. Anyway, the Shineray is fairly historical, lol, and like I mentioned before going down memory road, has kept its value. I would probably go as high as $600, which I think is a fair deal for an older bike like that, but if it is running well, I wouldn't say you got hosed if you paid asking price.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard