Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #31

Thanks Turbo, yeah I had hoped since that topic about the shock issues was from so long ago, the issue would be resolved, unfortunately it isn't and John seems to imply that I am lying to him, or at least that is how I am understanding it. Either way he won't respond to my emails anymore.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #32

Heck, for the amount of free technical support this site furnishes to new GIO owners, John should be giving us all super service! I think he gets enough new buyers that he doesn't really care if he gets repeat customers anymore. Not a good way to run a business :(

Cheers,
Stew

Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
I do hope for you that 'someone' see's the light and makes this right. I for one remember the leaking shocks post here and maybe I'm one of the lucky ones to get the black springed units.

It amazes me that John, would blame you for the shocks not holding pressure..that 'two sets is unacceptable' line is a real eye opener!
Very odd.
Thanks, I hope so too, but am not expecting it. I still haven't heard back from John. A few more weeks and we should be to the 6 week mark and maybe the BBB will intervene. I remember the topic too, and remember John's post in there, acknowledging that the factory would replace defective shocks, while at the same time denying there was a problem. I guess I should have taken that as a sign of how he intended to deal with it, because the shocks I got in 2011 have the same problem as the ones from 2009. :roll:

Old 02-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #34

On giobikes.com you are able to post reviews of products you buy, as well as ask and answer questions and leave feedback.

I wrote a review of the shocks I bought that was honest and truthful, the same as I strive to be in this topic here (and in general). When you write a review it is moderated before being posted. No big surprise, my review did not pass moderation and has not been posted.

So I posted a question on the shocks product page.
Quote:
Why do you only post positive reviews? It is very misleading and unfair to potential buyers.
It was answered by "admin" on giobikes.com 2 days later.
Quote:
Well, because there are only positive reviews for our products.
I replied to the question with an answer as a response to admin.
Quote:
Dear admin, that is strange because I posted a very honest, yet negative review and it never cleared moderation.
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but from my experiences Gio does not deserve it. They withhold negative reviews and then say that there is only positive reviews of their products. This seems pretty underhanded to me, on top of still shipping out shocks in 2011 that have the same problem that was reported in 2009, and then telling me that there is no way they are defective and ignoring my emails.

:roll:

I have now submitted a new support ticket with them (essentially, sent another email).

Quote:
To Gio staff,

I purchased a set of your performance nitrogen shocks on your auctions. To date I have not received what I paid for. I paid for the nitrogen gas shocks as advertised on the auction listing. What I received was defective shocks, which have the same problem that had been reported with these shocks back in 2009 by other people who have purchased them. I was hopeful given the time since the problem was first reported that Gio would have worked with it's supplier to remedy the situation, or removed the defective product from sale on it's website. Unfortunately for me, that does not seem to be the case. I received defective shocks, and then paid an inflated shipping price for replacement shocks which also suffer from the same defect. I have given up hope of receiving functioning shocks, in part due to the fact that Gio staff simply will not reply to my emails. What I am seeking now is to return the product, and receive a refund. I have requested this previously but have been ignored. I have been truthful and I believe polite in all of my correspondences with Gio, but am not receiving what I believe to be a fair or satisfactory level of service from your company. I have documented all of my emails and attempts to get a fully functioning set of performance shocks, or a refund in the following topic on the China Riders web forum, and have included all pertinent information in one place for easy reference.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=11294

Please make this right, thank you.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:41 AM   #35

It is simple dishonesty. Why beat about the bush? They lie to you, deliberately mislead and do not care.about that and this shows it is a deliberate Company policy which along with other reported behaviours shows a very suspect ethical standard and suggests more than that, a deliberate and aware lack of care for customers.

Unfortunately we get this sort of thing because people are far too politically correct, basically weak, to stand up. I commend you and I commend your patience and even-handedness. People think they cannot do anything because it is a 'Company'an entity covering the identities of owners etc.

Well Egypt just found otherwise. I hope one day the site owner here will wake up to the fact that he is allowing a major sponsor of such dubious reputation. It is simple, either you are a liar and deluded, or GIO is. I think you are not, from the presented evidence.

If you are not, then whatever the cost, no decent soul would allow or accept that sponsorship. It comes from the pockets of people like you that have been ripped off. members of the forum. i bet plenty here just shrug and buy from them. I truly hope they too get burnt and learn the hard way. these things can be tested and proven, surely? Why the heck are people so damned weak and uncaring?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:06 AM   #36

Jape, first let me thank you for your comments.

Second, I want to clarify that this has been discussed with Frostbite (the site owner), in the private admin / moderator section, and he is decent, fair, and has integrity. He also has a contract. He has done no wrong in my opinion.

As far as my correspondences and posts on the matter, I am trying to present the information here as a warning to potential future Gio customers, but I am also still trying to work it out with Gio. On top of that, I need make sure I don't cross any lines into libel or slander, and as I'm not a lawyer, I am doing my best simply by being honest about the situation, and not exaggerating. People are free to take the presented information and come to their own conclusions.

As far as Egypt goes, I am glad they are making progress towards their goals, the world is in turmoil, and I think that discussion may fit best into another topic.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #37

Point taken, on all points. With Egypt it was not of course a political statement, they seem to blow forums to pieces. More a social one - that monoliths and power-structures and companies can be bought down by peaceful protest such as yours, supporting your attitude.

I am not particularly the peaceful type myself and it is a good thing I do not live in the USA where weapons are so prevalent. as I doubt i would have made it to maturity, well old age, (many doubt the maturity).

If frostbite is so 'cool' has he approached them pointing out that with such unhappy circumstances and information brought before him it is incumbent on him to approach them, as he would like their view,an explanation . He has a social duty to support his forum members as well as sponsors, rather than just take money? Contracts require equable arrangements and can be considered to include propriety, decent behaviour from both parties, in any civilised country.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #38

I got a response from John.

Quote:
Hello Jim, I have checked your transaction and it appears we've already supplied you with the replacement set. Unfortunately we have no intentions sending THIRD set. There is nothing wrong with the second set as it was supplied new, just as your first set.

There was a post on the forum about shocks but it was old from year ago or so. Current shipment that we've sending out has nothing to do with that post.

Thank you
John Dem
GIOBikes.com - General Manager
I replied.
Quote:
John the shocks are defective, I tested them, they leak out the pressure as fast as you can put it in. Yes they were new, I didn't say they weren't new. I said they were defective from the factory. Both sets, I tested both. I don't want a third set, I want to return the defective product for a refund. I don't know what you are basing your argument that there is nothing wrong with them on, yes, they were new. That doesn't mean they aren't defective. And yes it does have to do with the old post, because they suffer from the exact same defect.

Thanks, Jim.
I'm not sure if he even has taken the time to read my emails as his responses don't really address anything I've said.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #39

Update.

On March 9th, I received a call while I was at work from Sven at Gio Bikes. I was on a bluetooth headset while driving (a noisy truck), so it wasn't easy to make out exactly what he was saying. Keep in mind I am trying to keep everything I post here detailed and not embellished, but this being a phone call I can not say what exactly was said. Essentially though I remember something along the lines of him telling me that I should be receiving a full refund, and he apologized for the issue with the shocks. He said that they we're low on stock with the shocks and it was possible I received returned defective shocks (or maybe just old ones from a bad shipment) mistakenly, because it is impossible to tell from the looking that they are defective. I asked if he wanted me to send the defective shocks back and he said no.

When I got home I checked my email and had two emails from Gio. It said "
We want to inform you that we have issued full refund for:" along with the order details and price.

I held off posting the update until I could confirm with my credit card that the refund was issued. I now have confirmed that, I was refunded fully for the entire order, shocks, shipping, auction fees, and the replacement cost.

My opinion is that I did not expect this to be resolved after so long. I am happy they did the full refund, although I would have understood not being refunded for the shipping charges, at least the initial ones. And I would have understood (and offered) having to return the defective shocks. It would have been great if it didn't take so long for the problems to be resolved, and if I had not received the service from John, as in my opinion I feel that I was being told I am essentially lying and ripping them off. In my opinion John would be best to avoid dealing with customers, Sven seems to be more qualified from my experience. The issue has finally been resolved satisfactorily, but I don't think I would do it again. Definitely not for the performance shocks. I will be looking into that set of shocks I wanted off of ebay.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #40

Good show! I agree with you as well, John should hire someone to do his customer relations work or let Sven handle it. He really doesn't have the people skills and is too busy (hence the slow replies) to be doing it all himself. Glad to hear you finally got some resolution on it Jim

Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #41

Jim: it's good that it worked out for you, as my "problems" in the past with Gio have also.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #42

I never did get the shocks I wanted without the leaking problem however, but with the refund I can look elsewhere. Sven also said something about him calling me when they get new ones in stock to see if I wanted them, I am not sure what the plan would be for that price wise and so on, again it was hard to hear on that headset thing.

Thanks for the support guys

Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #43

Awesome news! I've always had good luck with John, so I was quite surprised by your experiences.

Sounds like you have some shocks that can be modded now. If they don't want them back, it's worth a try.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #44

They certainly made you work hard for your refund, Jim. :roll: Nevertheless, I am glad you finally received justice.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #45

That is not justice. Excusing the personality of the Gio guy doesn't wash. You guys are too soft! He was insulting and close to suggesting fraud on Jim's part. A hand-written apology and an offer of some kind of redress for the mistake, the way it was handled and the time taken would be better.

I would have spat in the guy's face for saying what he did and dealing with me like that. he deserves a real taking down. People hide behind corporations and emails and by not returning calls - and that also hides their moral culpability, weakness of character and deliberate unsound business tactics relying on fear and sense of defeat to make individuals lose out. To much of it in this world.

Jim has been exceptionally patient. Again, I commend him.