Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2024, 01:52 AM   #12

yeah, 6 gears would work really well for touring.
I've always strived for extra overdrive gears.
Basically, if I can reach top speed in 4th gear, and have 5th and 6th gear to get lower RPM, mainly to drive in 35-55mph areas, that's ideal for me.

That's how my Roketa MC 05 127 got 120MPG peak, 96MPG avg, and my Honda Rebel 250 got about 100MPG peak (90MPG avg).
Peak being ~40MPH riding, few stops. Avg being top speed, or highway riding, which happens to be about the same as suburb riding on those bikes.

One of the reasons I went with a Vader 150, was because the Roketa 127 was kind of a bit slow in acceleration. Granted, it had only 4 gears, and step through as well...
And I had swapped the 48T rear sprocket for like a 29T or something that extreme.
However, I was kind of disappointed in the Vader 150/Condor 150, with maximum gearing swap, it still was running higher RPMs as I'd like to see.
The engine runs well at lower RPM, and I wished I could fit sprockets to make use of that low end grunt, even at higher speeds.
The DLX150 with a 190/212 might look interesting, but I hear the saddle isn't too comfy for longer rides.