Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #1

Just got my Roketa Storm 250

Hi, I just got my Roketa (or whatever) Storm 250 Dual sports bike. Side panels were a bit scratched up but I can live with it.

They sent a full semi, and we are on a dirt road.. poor guy got some of the way down and I had to meet him with my trailer. We managed to get it over though.

I can confirm, this bike can be assembled by one person, but I don't think I would recommend it as It was tough. It would have helped if there had been instructions too, but there was nothing. Just a crummy parts book, and an owners manual. The usual junk.

Went together pretty easily, rear shock was tricky, but I managed with a car jack.

One nice surprise was the remote start/alarm. I was amused by this.. As once turned on, there is nothing on the bike that turns it off again?? you have to use the lock, or unlock on the remote.

The choke does absolutely nothing.. and I'm not sure if it is on or off.. makes no difference. But it starts great, and is a real smooth runner. Only a few laps around the garden so far, I want to put in some decent oil before I hit the road. Oh, and get it legal too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (89.8 KB, 1170 views)
File Type: jpg 041.jpg (94.4 KB, 1148 views)
File Type: jpg 043.jpg (98.2 KB, 1288 views)

Old 07-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #2

Looks great. Where did you order from?

Old 07-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #3

This was the bike I was going to order before I settled on the TMEC. Love the green! Congrats!

Old 07-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #4

Nice looking bike! It is a Bashan branded bike. One member a couple months ago got a Bashan, but a different model, and he left it in gear, and started it with the remote and it fell over--so be careful to leave it in neutral when parked!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCat View Post
This was the bike I was going to order before I settled on the TMEC. Love the green! Congrats!
i was deciding between this bike and the lancer too - before i found the tmec last minute and new right away that was the bike i wanted.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #6

Thanks everyone.. I wasn't sure if we were allowed to list suppliers names, but anywho.. I got it from Power Ride Outlet I ordered black, and green was my 2nd choice.. But I like it too, so it works.
Not seen many around.. hardto get any reviews on what other people think.
I need to lower it, looking at a shorter shock on ebay. It's bolted directly to the swing arm so no real way to shorten it.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #7

I like it! Too bad that it says BS on the swingarm.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I like it! Too bad that it says BS on the swingarm.
HAHA.. I'm thinking those stickers have to go lol

One thing I noticed was the heat shield will give you a really bad burn if your not careful. Not much use, but probably better than nothing.

Last edited by dossbag; 07-17-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #9

Please show us a pic of the right side of the bike, so we can see what you mean.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Please show us a pic of the right side of the bike, so we can see what you mean.
OK.. here ya go.. Once around the garden (1 acre at the back) and its too hot to touch right at the front. Not sizzling my fingers.. you just wouldn't want to touch it. Cooler towards the back. I might have to add some spacers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (91.6 KB, 1078 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (88.8 KB, 1126 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (94.7 KB, 1099 views)

Old 07-18-2014, 12:37 AM   #11

There should already be some small fiber washers between the heat shield and the header. You might help with the dissipation of heat by drilling a bunch of holes in the shield, but you'll compromise the chrome in the process. You could scuff the whole thing and paint it with heat paint after drilling if you wish.

I'm not sure how much tuning you wish to do on a new bike, but my guess is that it's lean out of the box. If so, that will contribute to more exhaust heat. The carb that's on the bike is likely a Keihin clone, and jets can be a challenge to find, so as to fatten up the mixture a bit. A new 30mm Mikuni costs less than $40 delivered, and jets are really easy to find.

Once you're able to replace the jets, you could get rid of the smog devices and the catalytic converter that likely resides behind that big heat shield. That would allow you to swap to a different header and heat shield, which should give your hairy leg more clearance.

That really is a sharp looking bike.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:46 AM   #12

Thanks for posting the photos; that's a good looking motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #13

Thank you both for the positive remarks. I wasn't sure about the green to start with, but I'm glad now, not seen many others in green.

Yes, you are bang on with your dignosis. The manual (ha) doesn't show the "egg" and I imagine the shield works fine without it, but it's not really working like that. Also I can smell the clutch rubber underneath, so there is quite a bit of heat. I had a few fasteners over. I think two are for the seat. Others are for....?? dunno? Don't care. Plate maybe a couple..
Anywho.. I added a couple of the washes as extra spacers. Correct on the fiber washers too.

As for "tuning" I already checked out the Mikunis and have seen the same price. No Idea where I would get another downpipe from though. Do you know if this is a common engine? Only has CGI written on it.. I haven't really studied it too hard to be honest. Just wondering about history.. good, bad.. ease of finding replacement parts..etc.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (99.6 KB, 1206 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (97.0 KB, 1161 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (95.1 KB, 1068 views)

Old 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #14

Please show us a close-up of the left side of the engine. I think it's a counterbalanced CG engine, but I'm not yet sure.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #15

as for that heat shield, on my Roketa DB07A i cut the mounts off and header wrapped the pipe instead, since mine had the same issues with heat... however mine didnt have the Catalyst "egg" in the pipe, that will cause a good bit more heat than a straight pipe... i love the look of the wrapped pipe too...

Tags
250cc, dirt, dual, roketa, sport