Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
This is the Brozz everyone is looking for. Notice the USD forks and rear rack?
Hey thats my bike

Old 04-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Hey thats my bike
Yes that is. lol And if I remember you paid $1600 delivered to your door. Now they want $1999 for a 2014 model sold as a 2018. There will be some pissed of people because the few sites I looked at are advertising with the USD forks and rack and they will receive the 2014 version. So my advise is to anyone that is buying one I would question the dealership if it does have the USD forks.
https://www.powerrideoutlet.com/pro-...road-bike.html

https://norcoridepowersports.com/sho...tx-dual-sport/
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
No they DO NOT! What they did is import left over 2014 Brozz's. The SAME bike I bought a year ago. And I have a sneaky suspicion the MSO will say 2014. The 2015 and up Bashan Brozz has / had the same forks that are on the Storm. Is there anything wrong with that, NOPE! Same forks the Hawk has. Or if you consider the bike may have been in a crate in a container for 4 years. OR maybe Bashan ran out of USD forks and bought up some traditional forks. Who knows. At any rate, I will not be paying 2 grand for one. With all that said, my the 2014 Brozz I gave to my son has been OUTSTANDING so far.
Really?!! This picture from my showroom has the VIN stamped in the frame. See that "J" as the 10th digit.... It may no have any updates but the components are not old stock.

Name:  VIN number.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  90.7 KB
Name:  Bashan MSO.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  89.5 KB

Quote:
Yes that is. lol And if I remember you paid $1600 delivered to your door. Now they want $1999 for a 2014 model sold as a 2018. There will be some pissed of people because the few sites I looked at are advertising with the USD forks and rack and they will receive the 2014 version. So my advise is to anyone that is buying one I would question the dealership if it does have the USD forks.
https://www.powerrideoutlet.com/pro-...road-bike.html

https://norcoridepowersports.com/sho...tx-dual-sport/
I was actually just emailing Tom @ Norco on Wednesday. He was interested in carrying our 2018 stuff so he might have some soon. Those ones they have now are 2017 or older. Like I've said, no one in the USA has a 2018 Brozz except ones that have left our store. "Peace sports" is inscribed in the side of the seat on the 2018 models as I just assembled one today.

To be honest though, I'm surprised myself why Bashan has made any changes for a couple years. I'll see if I can find out why and ask my Bashan rep.

Email: jeffreyp@peacesports.com
Phone: 770-662-1898 x107

Facebook: "Peace Sports"
IG: Peace_Sports_Atlanta
Youtube: "Peace Industry Group"

Old 04-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSportsAtlanta View Post
To be honest though, I'm surprised myself why Bashan has made any changes for a couple years. I'll see if I can find out why and ask my Bashan rep.
My guess is the owner(s) of Peace did it this way. I know that a distributor has some leeway as to how bikes are assembled as far as what gets thrown together, such as rear racks, forks, tires, etc. Perhaps the owner was not aware of the more recent Brozz from last year? I suggested to the rep to put on 21/18 wheels, and he stated that Peace wanted the 19/16 wheels tp continue. I never asked about the other items because my email was a few months ago.

I think that money and international politics (I actually mean them one and the same) have changed the Chinabike landscape slightly; we are getting 'less' for more money, is just the way things are. Another part of it is the higher quality bikes we have had in the US the past few years--quality costs more. Back in '07, we kept hearing about NOS bikes selling for $700 in the box. They had issues galore, and without the knowledge nowadays via Chinariders, many ended up on CL for $100. Nowadays, these bikes are worth about what they cost, like it or not--higher quality and running like the proverbial tops vs. the 'old days.' Or, wait to see if any of them end up as NOS and sell for huge discounts in the next year or two...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-20-2018, 11:02 PM   #50

This has been a interesting read, I see everyone is really vested in this topic and as a new guy looking at this through new eyes I can tell you that the Brozz ,Hawk and Storm seem to be at a level playing field. I think it's where it needs to be.

Other than availability on a few models I think the package and price is good across the board. I paid $1499.55 for my Storm...Really! I wanted a fuel gauge and a better gauge cluster, SO! At that price I can give it a pass.

I didn't like the headlight and no rack on the Hawk, liked the wheel size and tires

I didn't like the like the Headlight and rear drum break on the Brozz, liked the cluster and fuel gauge.

I got the Storm Mainly for the counterbalanced engine...so nice! and I like the square headlight and the rear disk and most of all availability.

I see all of these bikes outlasting my interest and Hell there all kinda a mix-up of the same stuff, and all could use some slight modding to get it where you want it ( really the fun part ).

I don't know if Peace or the manufacturer changed the Brozz to to keep it marketable in their eyes and I can understand it ...

But I think if your going to make that move you need to keep it around the same price range and then slowly bring it up or not make the drastic change and bring the price up in increments.

That way you can reduce potential buyer shock... I wouldn't pay that for a downgrade.

For a $1500 to $1800 w/ assembly and door delivery I would happily buy any of these bikes!

Old 04-22-2018, 04:15 PM   #51

Doh!

I don't know if you guys at PEACE have looked at the shark for sale in the PRO POWER RIDE website, but it is a dead ringer for the Brozz on your website; down to the speedo. The only difference I see is the name. $1480 + 280 shipping. AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
It also has the rack!

Last edited by stewbrash; 04-22-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: add

Old 04-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #52

Quote:
I was actually just emailing Tom @ Norco on Wednesday. He was interested in carrying our 2018 stuff so he might have some soon. Those ones they have now are 2017 or older. Like I've said, no one in the USA has a 2018 Brozz except ones that have left our store. "Peace sports" is inscribed in the side of the seat on the 2018 models as I just assembled one today.

So anyone looking for the USD forks and rear rack would be better off finding a 2017 model? But I thought everyone had sold out the 2017 model Brozz last year?
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 04-23-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #53

So the new 2018 Brozz is basically a Shark, but without a rack? This what it looks like to me. No USD forks, same digital cluster, and counter balanced motor.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbrash View Post
I don't know if you guys at PEACE have looked at the shark for sale in the PRO POWER RIDE website, but it is a dead ringer for the Brozz on your website; down to the speedo. The only difference I see is the name. $1480 + 280 shipping. AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
It also has the rack!
Last year, the Brozz and Shark were distributed by Kandi USA--they were spec'd a little different, and ended up selling out once tax season rolled around. The last several Sharks went to Saferwholesale. I know that PRO have been on and off with them seeming to be out of business, and then back on. My guess is the Shark (and they might still show the Brozz) shown on their website is looong gone.

I mentioned above that when distributor starts dealing in a manufacture's bike or line of bikes, the distributor specs them out. Months before Peace picked up the Brozz (they passed on the Shark, sadly) I was corresponding with the Bashan rep. I said that whoever picks up the line should offer 21/18 wheels. Rack should stay. And probably a few things I forgot I asked and he answered; regardless, Peace passed on them, obviously.

In spite of the shortcomings, I think that if I could legally buy any of the Chinese enduros here in California, the Brozz would be it. I don't know what it is about it, but I like it the best. Yes, I can legally buy a TT, and I might compromise and get one (I don't know why I am so indifferent to the TT), and I bet riding it home from CSC's headquarters in Azuza to Northridge, I would forget about the Brozz for that hour or so, but while I had the TT parked outside, I would secretly be lusting after the Brozz

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #55

california ? if you had a relative in the next state and had him register the bike in his name then buy the bike from him and go to get tag in california. would that work or are you prohibited from buying a used vehicle that wasnt produced for california?
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 04-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
california ? if you had a relative in the next state and had him register the bike in his name then buy the bike from him and go to get tag in california. would that work or are you prohibited from buying a used vehicle that wasnt produced for california?
I have an address in Yuma; it might work if I buy it, register it, and park it for 6 months. To make my situation clearer, if someone out of state had a Chinabike that was not CARB certified for at least 6 months, registered in their state, and then moved to California, they could bring their bike with them. For me, that is not the case since I only own a non-op TMEC 200 which will probably never get on the road, as well as my TGB scooter (which is CARB legal). My only question is if California would scrutinize how long I have lived in California, and then will be taking a bike into California later--6 months later. I don't have a California DL yet, but my employer is hounding me to get it, so thoughts of buying up 'forbidden' firearms off the shelves like, gasp, AR-15 and AK/derivatives will soon be dashed, LOL, once I (Am forced) to get my California license.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #57

Quote:
Really?!! This picture from my showroom has the VIN stamped in the frame. See that "J" as the 10th digit.... It may no have any updates but the components are not old stock.

Attachment 12715
Attachment 12716

Show me a pic of the tag on the frame. The "Model Year" can be whatever you say, But let me see the MFG date, I bet it ain't this year. Dude, ya'll are selling NOS 2014 Models. Admit it! And that's perfectly ok, but don't hand me this crap of its a 2018 MANUFACTURED bike. Because if it was I believe it would have the same equipment the 15, 16, and 17 models have. There AIN'T NO DANG WAY, you guys specifically contacted Bashan and asked for the LESSER specd Brozz that you couldn't sell when you had them the first time. Seeing as how I BOUGHT ONE out of YOUR ATLANTA WAREHOUSE IN 2017! I mean did anyone at Peace sit around and say HEY, those KANDI USA Brozz sold like WILD FIRE, so I have an idea lets have them Build the Bike that collected dust in our warehouse when we had them! REALLY?? LOL come on Dude, I was born at night but it WAS NOT last night.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Hey thats my bike
^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the bike that won the CULT FOLLOWING and SOLD OUT like hot cakes thanks to THIS and very similar forums. Now lick your wounds and bring us the CORRECT BIKE and we will buy them.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:47 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
My guess is the owner(s) of Peace did it this way. I know that a distributor has some leeway as to how bikes are assembled as far as what gets thrown together, such as rear racks, forks, tires, etc. Perhaps the owner was not aware of the more recent Brozz from last year? I suggested to the rep to put on 21/18 wheels, and he stated that Peace wanted the 19/16 wheels tp continue. I never asked about the other items because my email was a few months ago.
Calcune, we do have quite a bit of say, BUT its all depending how much we want to pay though and therefore presumably plan to sell for. Being a motorcycle rider/enthusiast myself, I've given the owner(not a rider) my input on the changes that should be made for our fall shipment. We'll see what happens and how it affects future pricing. I feel like guys would still pay a little more for a better built bike. Guess we'll wait and see.

Quote:
So anyone looking for the USD forks and rear rack would be better off finding a 2017 model? But I thought everyone had sold out the 2017 model Brozz last year?
JerryHawk250---VIN 2017 were not imported by Peace. We last imported 2014 and now have the USA rights to 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoubleXA View Post
So the new 2018 Brozz is basically a Shark, but without a rack? This what it looks like to me. No USD forks, same digital cluster, and counter balanced motor.
XDoubleXA--We used to carry both the shark and brozz but they are so similar its not necessary to have both. Better to focus on just one. We chose the Brozz. It's possible that someone else has rights to the 2018 Shark but I'm not sure who that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Show me a pic of the tag on the frame. The "Model Year" can be whatever you say, But let me see the MFG date, I bet it ain't this year. Dude, ya'll are selling NOS 2014 Models. Admit it! And that's perfectly ok, but don't hand me this crap of its a 2018 MANUFACTURED bike. Because if it was I believe it would have the same equipment the 15, 16, and 17 models have. There AIN'T NO DANG WAY, you guys specifically contacted Bashan and asked for the LESSER specd Brozz that you couldn't sell when you had them the first time. Seeing as how I BOUGHT ONE out of YOUR ATLANTA WAREHOUSE IN 2017! I mean did anyone at Peace sit around and say HEY, those KANDI USA Brozz sold like WILD FIRE, so I have an idea lets have them Build the Bike that collected dust in our warehouse when we had them! REALLY?? LOL come on Dude, I was born at night but it WAS NOT last night.
Letsride----so mr expert, anything else you want to inform me of what I have in my warehouse?

Name:  VIN plate.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  86.6 KB

Email: jeffreyp@peacesports.com
Phone: 770-662-1898 x107

Facebook: "Peace Sports"
IG: Peace_Sports_Atlanta
Youtube: "Peace Industry Group"

Old 05-31-2018, 07:40 PM   #60

Quote:
Calcune, we do have quite a bit of say, BUT its all depending how much we want to pay though and therefore presumably plan to sell for. Being a motorcycle rider/enthusiast myself, I've given the owner(not a rider) my input on the changes that should be made for our fall shipment. We'll see what happens and how it affects future pricing. I feel like guys would still pay a little more for a better built bike. Guess we'll wait and see.

XDoubleXA--We used to carry both the shark and brozz but they are so similar its not necessary to have both. Better to focus on just one. We chose the Brozz. It's possible that someone else has rights to the 2018 Shark but I'm not sure who that is.
My friend used to import the TMEC 200; he told me he spec'd them out with high quality street tires. The motard that came with the 17/17 front/rear wheels and tires--they also had DOT-legal offroad knobbies available depending how the buyer wanted it and I can attest to the tires. I had over 12k miles on mine over 2 years of riding and ended up selling the wheels and tires in very good condition--I digress but the manager of Excalibur who is a friend told me they spec'd them with those high quality street tires from TMEC, as well as Shengway carbs (the ones that say something to the effect of 'product of Japan'). Again, I had no issues with my carb for the two years I daily road my bike year round 33 miles a day.

As far as the Shark--no one is carrying it since you guys didn't pick it up. The distributor that carries the Bashan Enforcer aka the 41H and the Storm probably would have no idea how to market a bike similar to the Storm. It is a shame--I used to look at the Shark and ask "why?" but once the Brozz started selling like hotcakes, and then people started picking up the Sharks until they sold out, a few guys here posted photos and it definitely was good looking, and was distinct from the Brozz. The Brozz is based on the Honda Bros that sells in Central/South America (maybe Mexico, too), and the Shark is based on the Tornado selling in the same regions; a slightly different bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150