Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #1

And here we go!

It takes a lot of free time on my hand, and global pandemic, and too many comments on my YouTube channel about joining this site for me to actually join. Although my job is essential, but this week I’ve been off, not layed-off... just regular vacation days.

So children I’m here. Who here owns a High-end CHINA bike? There’s only 2 found so far, but I’m curious to see if there are others, and where did you buy it?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg C2D8935D-94D3-4636-861B-AC081F44181B.jpg (20.5 KB, 1852 views)
File Type: jpg 67EC267A-8750-48D2-BB12-7F6DB67A9B59.jpg (20.0 KB, 1826 views)

Old 03-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #2

Welcome to here! I recognize your bikes from youtube. The highest end Chinese bike available here in the US is, I believe, but no one on Chinariders has reported owning, is the Benelli TNT 600. I have seen good reviews in the mainstream press about them, the only issue is there are better bikes in that class. The same thing about the Benelli TNT 300.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-13-2021, 04:12 PM   #3

=> Culcune

There is an established order of things. If that Benelli TNT 600 is an actual Chinese manufacturer bike, all of these Chinese online pirates would have seen it at the loading dock and contact the importer about selling it on their website for small margins. Txpowersports, PowersportMax, Venommotorsports, and even website like countyimport would have had it. That’s how these guys get their bikes. Not an official dealership, just some locals with dealership license which some doesn’t know anything about motorcycles.

So it’s not at the U.S. Cargo dock, rather it’s sent directly to real licensed dealership and they actually request it to be sent by certain numbers and then retransfer with their loading cargo to their destinations. Same method Harley uses only their equipment are per 2 or 1 bike and just those bikes are huge and they like to slap you in your face by showing you they are transporting it like a car lol.

Meaning I can’t get that Benelli TNT 600 otherwise my guys at the import channel would have sent me an offer to buy it already.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIMOT View Post
=> Culcune

There is an established order of things. If that Benelli TNT 600 is an actual Chinese manufacturer bike, all of these Chinese online pirates would have seen it at the loading dock and contact the importer about selling it on their website for small margins. Txpowersports, PowersportMax, Venommotorsports, and even website like countyimport would have had it. That’s how these guys get their bikes. Not an official dealership, just some locals with dealership license which some doesn’t know anything about motorcycles.

So it’s not at the U.S. Cargo dock, rather it’s sent directly to real licensed dealership and they actually request it to be sent by certain numbers and then retransfer with their loading cargo to their destinations. Same method Harley uses only their equipment are per 2 or 1 bike and just those bikes are huge and they like to slap you in your face by showing you they are transporting it like a car lol.

Meaning I can’t get that Benelli TNT 600 otherwise my guys at the import channel would have sent me an offer to buy it already.
Benelli TNT 600 is chinese as they come. The only Italian thing that benelli now has is the name. Benelli is owned by Qianjiang and the motorcycles are china made.

They whole idea of the "High end" Chinese motorcycle is that they are being sold by official delears at an official store. Not at some random website

This is an official Benelli dealership near my city.

Name:  10-e1508293625380.jpeg
Views: 1051
Size:  112.0 KB

They even have a bar where you can drink something while you wait for your motorcycle to be serviced or at the first check up.

Name:  8.jpeg
Views: 1059
Size:  190.8 KB

It's about that "premium" felling, you go to a dealer that ONLY sells that brand and they will try their best to make your stay as nice as possible.

I have a dealer where i get all my motorcycle, the owner has a store next door that is only for "Premium" Honda motorcycle only Honda. A much nicer place with more things to do while you wait.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #5

I didn’t buy one, was considering it at one point though. $6000 out the door price, over 80hp for a 600cc should be a fun ride. The dealership is close to St Louis Mo. fentonpowersports.com
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 04-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Benelli TNT 600 is chinese as they come. The only Italian thing that benelli now has is the name. Benelli is owned by Qianjiang and the motorcycles are china made.

The whole idea of the "High end" Chinese motorcycle is that they are being sold by official delears at an official store. Not at some random website.
I always romanticize about motorcycles in the US having a more important role in transportation as opposed to a weekend-warrior luxury so that a one-make dealership could possibly make economic sense. Having a cafe to hang out at would be a definite lifestyle bonus, as well

That is how they are marketed here. Not at all mail-ordered. SSR is the US distributor and if you do not have an SSR dealer nearby, you cannot buy a Benelli (perhaps they have a few dealers sprinkled around-attached to another brand most likely-where they don't sell SSR bikes but do sell Benelli). I have seen the SSR XF250 offered through mail-order a few years back, and one can find their low-end pitbikes on mail-order sites currently (eg. like their 70cc bikes), but I am guessing they no longer will allow their dual-sport (or any of their street bikes) to be mail-ordered and definitely not their Benelli line-up to be mail-ordered.

Lifan has tried for years to establish a dealer network, and the last time they were in the US (the GY-5 days) before getting booted for trying to pull a 'Volkswagen' by fudging the numbers on a 2-stroke scooter (as well as getting in hot water in their partnership with Wildfire AND Lifan's own issues with the GY-2 dual-sport) circa 2010 or thereabouts they were establishing a dealer network. Back then, they did relent and allow mail-ordering to happen only if one did not have a brick and mortar dealership within X miles. The regrouped American Lifan headquartered in the L.A. area circa 2015-ish or thereabouts also was establishing dealers, but also allows mail-ordering, although I am not aware if there are protected areas if one is a within a certain distance to a physical dealership.

I have even thought of opening a Lifan dealership here in Yuma, AZ. But, Yuma tends to be a mysterious place where ideas come to die and burn up in the intense desert heat, so even having a dealership selling low-cost, decent quality bikes in a lower income city like Yuma would probably result in a bankruptcy. Kronik Racing's owner was considering moving Kronik to Yuma due to his wanting to get out of California's extreme regulatory environment but being close enough to be near his in-laws in the Imperial Valley, but even he has second thoughts and is thinking of elsewhere, LOL.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I have even thought of opening a Lifan dealership here in Yuma, AZ. But, Yuma tends to be a mysterious place where ideas come to die and burn up in the intense desert heat, so even having a dealership selling low-cost, decent quality bikes in a lower income city like Yuma would probably result in a bankruptcy. Kronik Racing's owner was considering moving Kronik to Yuma due to his wanting to get out of California's extreme regulatory environment but being close enough to be near his in-laws in the Imperial Valley, but even he has second thoughts and is thinking of elsewhere, LOL.
Not a bad idea at all, a lot of the more inexpensive chinese motorcycles are more than decent for city ride.
Having a Dealership that gives you a motorcycle that's cheap and it's ready to roll it's quite important.

The first china motorcycle that i owned i never had a chance to actually ride it. Because the dealership when they doing the initial check up found out that the frame was not "OK".

Old 04-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #8

Absolutely nobody buys expensive Chinese bikes. Because the slogan people have started back then is that they are unreliable and can’t find parts for it. So when Bennelli advertises this, they might only send 1-4 per license affiliation, and not a volume hoping they are getting rich of. And I bet you those dealership sells a lot of use Japanese brand bikes to actually consider having 1 or 2 of them laying around. And it might be all the way in the in a dark area where it won’t be seen in the public eye and only considered as an option for people they see that wants to buy a motorcycle but knows nothing about prices or brand value.

And the bar is business lol. Nothing is free. It’s part of the lease, and they don’t have enough bikes so they make it into a lounge and give it the bar look.

Just know there is a difference between the original manufacturer Lifan Co. Ltd. and American Lifan in the USA. Two different companies and the USA is just an importer with the Lifan brand. Not the actual company lol, otherwise their bikes wouldn’t be available on those pirate site. In fact Lifan closes down and has been in hiatus since 2017. Then miraculously in the year of 2019 the people behind the “American Lifan” advertises it Lifan is back from Hiatus...

If you have a Lifan manufactured motorcycle, try and call American Lifan lol. You will see first they will tell you they don’t do business with locals except by dealerships. And if you search for Lifan Dealership there is no such things except for other known dealership that services other brand. Like Formula One Powersport, etc. But if you call a dealership about any parts for some real Japanese brand motorcycles, they will order it for you. It’s supposed to be how this American Lifan should have been if they were indeed partnered with Lifan Co. Ltd. That’s when you can tell the difference between an importer and an actual company. All in all Lifan Co. Ltd. has left us since 2017 and they still haven’t come back. They may seemed to be here but they are not.

So the purpose of this was to find other cheap Chinese bikes that were high-end in the U.S. that people can buy. Nobody mentioned the CFMOTO sport bikes, I was really hoping someone mentioned they got one... because that would be another high-end random China bike. But I guess it’s all about CG230 style engine members here and when it’s something else, everyone just like to stay back and watch.

Last edited by CHIMOT; 04-15-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:04 AM   #9

American Lifan is apparently a subsidiary of Lifan in China. I know the TGB scooter importer and his nephew, and the nephew told me this information. The nephew is friends with Tony Sun, the president of American Lifan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Absolutely nobody buys expensive Chinese bikes. Because the slogan people have started back then is that they are unreliable and can’t find parts for it.

And the bar is business lol. Nothing is free. It’s part of the lease, and they don’t have enough bikes so they make it into a lounge and give it the bar look.

Nobody mentioned the CFMOTO sport bikes, I was really hoping someone mentioned they got one... because that would be another high-end random China bike. But I guess it’s all about CG230 style engine members here and when it’s something else, everyone just like to stay back and watch.
Of course it is a lease for the Bar and it's business, but people ( at least here) like to have a place to sit and drink something, while they wait for the motorcycle, car, etc.

About being unreliable, It's quite common to see CFmoto, Benelli, Zongshens 450cc that in less than a year have more 20.000 km.

Benelli TNT300 bought May 2020 more than 23000 km so far 0 issues
Name:  IMG_8983.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  48.1 KB

Same goes for the other brands, i know only ONE case of a catastrophic failure from a Benelli and it was the owner fault.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Of course it is a lease for the Bar and it's business, but people ( at least here) like to have a place to sit and drink something, while they wait for the motorcycle, car, etc.

About being unreliable, It's quite common to see CFmoto, Benelli, Zongshens 450cc that in less than a year have more 20.000 km.

Benelli TNT300 bought May 2020 more than 23000 km so far 0 issues
Attachment 24425

Same goes for the other brands, i know only ONE case of a catastrophic failure from a Benelli and it was the owner fault.
=> Wild Dog

The CFMOTO design is actually copied by JONWAY lmao. Specially with their new GTO and that’s how I was able to locate some fender parts for it. Not the engine but the fenders. Generally all Chinese bikes, those that are sold by “pirate websites” are knock off of others. If you see different type and order many parts and actually comparing in sizes in mm you will know where they get their taillight design from or where this one get their handlebar design from or where this one gets their front brake caliper design from.

And as for the owner, don’t judge someone because you got lucky. Everyone has different lucks with China bikes. You can learn a thing or two from MotoCheeze channel if you are not a fan of mine.

Example: I bought the Lycan V16, my luck with it has been nothing but smooth sailing. I changed the factory engine oil at 600 miles not knowing if it was overfill or not and I didn’t do my clutch not until after 1,000 after I felt it wasn’t gripping enough. Then everything about this bike is due on it when it’s happening like it had a problem with cold start and was skipping throttle response and at 7,000 miles it got worst to a point even when it warms up it’s still skipping throttle response like hick-ups. I had to finally pray God that I can do the job, and starts dismantling parts until I figured out their engine design patterns to get into the tapets and gap it based on an XVS250 book guide clearance. And I didn’t stop there because there were so many steps involved and I didn’t want to go there again if the problem didn’t fix I change the ignition coil anyways.

After those changes the bike ran smooth, even better than when I had it up to this day it never has any slip of cold hick-ups. Then I had a key bump-died problem. It starts happening strongly on a cold freezing 15 degree Fahrenheit day and I thought maybe I overdid it and was too cold to take the bike out. Then couple of thousand miles later it happened during a heavy rain with wind ride coming home that always lasts 35 minutes on the road but the bike died. I pretend it’s the norm and turn off the key and switch it on and the problem is fixed, I knew what it was I just couldn’t fixed it at that time because of the fear and limited resources.

It wasn’t until this pandemic with all these free money the government throwing away plus my job is essential so basically I didn’t need the money so I start investing on random websites for parts. And trust me I was looking. I bought some parts that takes 6 months to arrive from 1 website and 1 order finally takes 9 month before it got refunded to me, and kept on looking until I found a trusted website that is extremely active. Up to this day I spend over 2k on parts and bought that key along with many other parts I needed. I get orders send in 7 days. 3 days to process and 4 days to arrive here in the U.S. I now have active people on duty waiting on when I’m making the next order because they depend on my money and they know I order a lot.

So the Lifan V16 may have had just parts problem but when you compare to the GTO the CFMOTO copied by JONWAY this thing had a clutch issue at start. Even now I knew it was my luck, because I set the clutch gap right when it was cold, then test riding it for about less than 10 miles my clutch became extremely unresponsive. I had to readjust it while the engine was running. Then it became when the engine is turned off its tight as hell was when it’s running its gapped properly. I kept on searching for several symptoms about car clutches because that’s how I do my actual research and not based it on motorcycles and all points out I already have a transmission problem. I was in denial because I did nothing wrong to the bike. I tried preventing everything that was possible in the seeing eye including overheating, but it wasn’t enough. At 4,800 miles my countershaft broke. I had in fact open the clutch side to run a diagnostic repair and like everyone else I thought it was a loose nut. I even give it a 7 plate clutch, and physically the case was still ok. After that it really got even worst to hearing noises and the case itself got cracked.

So now I was left with a broken engine with good compression, perfect cooling but bad transmissions. It took me 3 months to devise a strategy to plan to fix it. I had the parts ready, but wasn’t taking chances to spend money if I don’t know what is really wrong, it was all the manuals. I bought a Suzuki GSX250R manual just to try to understand the transmission and I even bought the Yamaha R3 manual. Surprisingly they were all the wrong manuals. It was me looking at parts from that website until I saw a weird model number and Google it and add service manual next to it. I do an image search first and saw some kind of books, then I went deeper and actually found the right manual. So now I was half way there, opening the engine I then realized the gear box is exactly like the CG230 engines and I normally never does engine works that big. But I had past encounter with engine being destroyed on my hand and me taking it to people that wants to help and memories of what they used to do. I then take the chance of buying one last manual because the other manual doesn’t have the full view of the gear box the way I wanted it. Coming from a guy that recently built a CN250 engine from scratch there were specific I was looking for.

I took the chance and it works. Job overall on 3 months waiting and research and parts costs me a nifty $500. Shipping is what kills me, not the actual parts because each order I placed have several items but weight at $200 shipping or around that range.

So you really don’t know someone’s luck with a Chinese bike if it’s not you. That Lifan V16 could have had the same problem and if it did I would be then really screwed. Because up to this day the parts I found for the GTO is not that vast for the Lifan even its predecessor which I know of.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
American Lifan is apparently a subsidiary of Lifan in China. I know the TGB scooter importer and his nephew, and the nephew told me this information. The nephew is friends with Tony Sun, the president of American Lifan.
I seriously don’t care who you know but that’s a fact. If American Lifan who claims to be as big as the actual company headquarter Lifan Co. Ltd. in China they wouldn’t have their bikes in pirate websites and that’s a fact. Txpowersports is not an official motorcycle dealership. People like Txpowersports are more likely to run away after they sell you something and not honored their warranty. Hell they even gave me a hard time when they send me a broken seat for the GTO and I posted the video of me unboxing it not calling myself my real name on YouTube but a different unpopular channel for them to see to send the replacement.

And I’ve been screwed by countyimport, powersportsmax on honoring their yearly warranty on bikes I’ve purchased. Specifically Wayne who claims that he works at Lifan as if Lifan is the actual Lifan that’s in China. And the model on the pirate websites that they sold that’s called Lifan V16 is not epa approved. These dealership cannot sell anything more than 250cc. So they renamed it as “Master” on the title of origin and the Maker is Qipai, while on the tag it shows the importer but the actual bike has no symbols of Lifan what so ever. There is parts that carries the symbol Lifan like the filter side plate and that is sold separately.

In more research the model Master is often found on their KP series, while one of their model would in fact got epa approved, they pretend that “Master” model is bigger engines but not more than 250cc. May be to get away with export cost.

And news flash I can import bikes from China from Alibaba, I chose not to do it, because of the schemes that goes around the Port.

To add more, company names are done differently in the US than in foreign countries. People can pretend to carry a name but not legally is that company and if I would try to fool someone I’m Lifan of course I would sell their products. Because I can get my hand on them with tricks, but how reliable would I be in the near future with customers that purchases these products? When in all I’m not really into business long standing but just looking to get buy making some sell volumes.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:06 PM   #13

Quote:
I seriously don’t care who you know but that’s a fact. If American Lifan who claims to be as big as the actual company headquarter Lifan Co. Ltd. in China they wouldn’t have their bikes in pirate websites and that’s a fact.
I am telling you that the person I know is friends with the president of American Lifan, and American Lifan is a subsidiary of China Lifan. NO one claimed American Lifan is as big as the actual company headquarters.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-16-2021, 09:19 PM   #14

Quote:
=> Wild Dog

The CFMOTO design is actually copied by JONWAY lmao. Specially with their new GTO
Actually both of them are copies, that's what the chinese do. They copy other designs. Browse a bit and you will see what they are copy of.
But it's common knowledge that the Chinese like to copy almost everything.

Quote:

And as for the owner, don’t judge someone because you got lucky. Everyone has different lucks with China bikes. You can learn a thing or two from MotoCheeze channel if you are not a fan of mine.

Got Lucky?? No, not at all. It's not uncommon for the average Chinese motorcycle to get more than 20.000 km without issues major issues.
Here a Jianshe JS 125 6B one of the cheapest motorcycle you can get a clone of YBR 125.
Name:  IMG_7933.JPG
Views: 965
Size:  97.8 KB
That motorcycles has more than 30.000. Never had any real problem.
The owner really neglects it

Name:  IMG_7930.JPG
Views: 939
Size:  28.1 KB
It had 33.430 km before he busted the tacometer

About your channel, i don't know it. In fact i had no idea you had one.
Leave a link, so we can see it.

MotoCheeze, sure i can learn one thing or two. Like how not to set the valves lash on a CG engine or how not to change the oil from the forks.

Old 04-17-2021, 02:56 PM   #15

When American Lifan or African Lifan or Brazilian Lifan can have on their bikes purchased by third party vendors on website like txpowersports etc, their official US name as is on a title of certificate and also on the plaque of the bike as shown on my previous reply, then and only then I will considered them to be official. Otherwise I have never seen such a thing in my days since I purchased this Dongfang in 2016 and I was dealing with Dongfang Co. Ltd. company as registered in China that has a place of business in the USA. You guys doesn’t seemed to understand the difference.

And as for link to my channel I’ll pass. I was once young on my old days and know when someone is trying to pick a fight. Not that myself am not afraid but just the way say it, I’ll pass. You either find it through someone else’s here or miraculously you search for something and one of my videos show up and they will. Or better yet, my favorite part of it all, you can’t find parts for a specific bike and you find my channel which link you to my website and you have no idea you are speaking to the “President” of that said company lmao that is actually a member here with noobish profile and don’t look much. See what I did there?

As for my now current bike look here they are:

DASH on my favorite bike that I ride for 2 years brand new to now:

convert text to capitals in word

And here are my boys currently. All China Import parts beside the first importer looks they portray by the said company who’s name is registered as the importer and are not on their title of certificate and when you call these companies you can’t seemed to locate them or the ones that are found that looks legits gives you a crap like “They only deal with dealership” lmao.

BTW if you understand their schemes what they are doing is illegal because they are not paying the proper fees for those bike at the export cargo, they are not providing the right documents, people are kissing ass because they know the higher ups in charge and they can let things slide if they get paid cash off the book and it goes on.