Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

eBay - Hawk 250

Today I ordered a Hawk from budget-powersports-store. Stay tuned to see how it plays out. With the hit/miss nature of most of the website stores I felt a little safer making my purchase through the ebay/paypal machine.

I made the order mid afternoon 7/18/2018, and included all the requested information in a note via paypal. They've left positive feedback for me already.

Now I'm awaiting the paypal invoice for the balance of the cost and info on shipping.

Seems it may be the ebay store for TXPowersports, both located in Arlington.

Hopefully within a couple weeks there will be another Hawk registered in NY State.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #2

Good move on having PayPal and EBay as backup when dealing with TXPowersports ,although they usually manage to deliver okay ( well, most of the time) it's just after that you are pretty much on your own,even if you experience what ought to be valid warranty issues ,even shipping damaged plastics are avoided by "Manny " when he clearly should replace them then bill the Carrier.In any event either EBay/PayPal will make Manny shape up or they won't be around long as an EBay Seller because they have a very low tolerance for negative feedback and/or scammers. You should also be completely covered under EBays Buyer Protection Vehicle Purchase Insurer, since it is a motorized vehicle- I got scammed on EBay by a fraudulent ATV Seller and they are going to reimburse me, it takes about 30 days though which is a bummer, but not as big a bummer as just being out the money.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #3

You're dealing with one of many Manny stores. That one just happens to sell only on ebay. Be prepared.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #4

Update: 7/21/2018

Notification rec'd that the hawk has been shipped. In actuality it may have simply been issued a tracking number.

I requested Black, Blue, or Red. They're sending Green.

So far so good, lol.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #5

Well like the guys said I think he will be motivated to get the product out but he will have to improve on his damaged shipping if what they say hold true, negative feedback on damages or lack of customer satisfaction could really hurt him dealing with Ebay and PayPal.

I bought my wife some Ugg boots frome Ebay but before the order was even shipped I got a message from Ebay saying due to complaints and service issues from the seller my order has been cancelled and all moneys were refunded to my PayPal acct. and sure enough it was sitting in my acct.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #6

It's actually leaving Garland TX today (7/23/2018) via UPS Freight, expected to be in NY in 4 days.

Shipped from Ricky PowerSports directly. Makes me wonder why they didn't ship my actual color choice. No worries. If this thing actually arrives intact I'll consider myself lucky.

Paul, I've watched your vids, Thanks for putting them up.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #7

Green is the best color anyway, so sounds like it's working out perfect for you.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:23 PM   #8

Hawk arrived today. The cage was spaghetti but the bike is in excellent condition.

Now awaiting the MCO and Bill of Sale.
Started assembly. Going through the whole bike like so many have advised... locktite on threads and grease on shafts. Changing oil in engine and forks. Checking and tightening spokes.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:41 PM   #9

I'm a Grom clone guy ,but I hang around here some on the Hawk section since these guys have a vast store of knowledge .Sounds like you are off to a good start ,have done your "homework" and know what to go through and check right away.I know it's tough to do when you just want to get on that new bike and ride , but it does pay off in the long run! BTW, welcome to Chinariders.net ,great community here ,helpful and knowledgeable china bike enthusiasts abound here ,glad to have you aboard!
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #10

The paperwork arrived yesterday... a week after the delivery. All in all, I'd say it was a good experience with them. They sent a 2018 hawk, and it was in a better state of assembly that I was expecting. Also worth noting is that Ive seen lock-tite on a number of the pre-assembled bolts.

Getting Insurance was no issue. I'm planning on going to the DMV Monday to title and register it.

Tags
ebay, hawk 250