Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #1

Really, All I want to do is ride this thing !!!

08 beast ... put the Mikuni Carb on it and Uni airfilter .. Damn thing wont Start and then sometimes it will start but not idle !!!!. Wondering ... I have seen someone on here modified the battery box (putting it in the wheel well) Right now my Uni is smooshed into the space could I not be getting enough air? due to it being so tight. Also my choke cable is stretched or something because it isnt tight like when I had the stockcarb on it. Im very limited in my knowledge of engines on quads so you are really helping out a newbie. Any advice or ideas as to what to do? Please help before this beast finds itself siting at the bottom of the Welland Canal !!!!!!
PS .... This beast also drains the battery like no bodies business.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #2

Let's break it down into smaller pieces.

First, trim the area in front of the battery box for improved Uni clearance. Don't actually cut the container that the battery sits in, just the plastic in front of it. Also, are you using a straight Uni or a 15 degree neck?

Second, the stock jets in the Mikuni probably won't work well. You need a 110 main and a 25 pilot. Have you changed the jets?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #3

I have the 15 degree neck

Ill cut out the front face of the battery box

I havent done anything to the carb ... is there anywhere I can find out how to adjust the main (which i havent a clue what you are talking about) to 110 and the pilot to 25 (again no clue). thank you in advance for this help. it is greatly appreciated

Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #4

Here's a good start: read page four and five to familiarize yourself with that carb. Fun With TurboT's Beast

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #5

or mabe this can help http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=9128
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus